What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

T.T

Juniors
i refuse to cheer for nsw if the same dropkicks as last year run out- add buderus into that group too. i would rather sacrifice game 1 and get flogged by 50 so that stuart and the selectors are sacked and we can have a decent team for once

Raider_69

Post Whore
You disagree? Or you don't bother watching Origin because we are 'no chance' and can face reality?

I havent missed an origin game since i was 4 years old. Probably wont miss one for another 20 years either.
Ill always back NSW, regardless of who's picked i hope they give the QLDers a good kicking.

None of that has anything to do with the following 2 pointas

1. QLD regardless of who we pick, will be raging hot favourites for 7 in a row because in all the key positions they have better players

2. That post was one of your best rants in recent memory :lol:

Jason Maher

Immortal
Noticed while Bedsy was in ESL tigers fans were nowhere to be seen around Origin time.

Now he's back proving he's better than Farah lo and behold - the butthurt tiger fans who don't give two shits about NSW winning are back in force. So accustomed to seeing 4 games a year Marshall get individual glory from the media they want Farah to get it as well and as long as he does don't give a f**k about NSW's chances.

Bullshit mate. The Tigpies fans have been bitching plenty about Ennis for the last 3 years. What bloody rock have you been hiding under?!

The Gambler

Juniors
Ricky Stuart was on the Rush Hour tonight. He made a few interesting comments, however he didn't give too much away - and rightly so. However he did say the following:

1. He has a pretty good idea of who the 1,6,7 and 9 are going to be. However he did note that two players are coming back from injury in the 1 that could throw a spanner in the works - does this suggest that his current number 1 is not Dugan or Stewart?

2. He found plenty of excuses for Haynes poor game yesterday. He put it down to needing the run, because of his injuries. He said he got shifted to the wing because he was rooted, and needed a break. Apparently Stuart is happy with this, because he really thought Hayne needed the hit out. It sounds like he is going to find a spot for Hayne somewhere.

3. Seemed to hose down any suggestion of Woods or Sims getting a run this year. He is stoked because they have come through the Origin Development squads and he is certain that they will play many Origin games - he just wasn't sure whether it would be this year.

4. Was very impressed with Pearce's and Farah's combinations yesterday. Said it was Farah's best game this year. I would say Pearce is a lock for the halfback spot - don't think Farah will squeeze in for Origin 1 due to the return of Grandpa Bedsy.

5. He and Fittler attributed Carney's slow start to the game yesterday to nerves. It sounds like he is pretty much locked in for the 6.

6. Some players played themselves out of Origin yesterday. No idea who this might have been - Josh Morris perhaps? Maybe Creagh or Scott?

That seemed to be most of the important stuff.

simmo1

First Grade
The more I hear from Stuart, the more I believe he had decided on the majority of his team before the season had even kicked off.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Ricky Stuart was on the Rush Hour tonight. He made a few interesting comments, however he didn't give too much away - and rightly so. However he did say the following:

1. He has a pretty good idea of who the 1,6,7 and 9 are going to be. However he did note that two players are coming back from injury in the 1 that could throw a spanner in the works - does this suggest that his current number 1 is not Dugan or Stewart?

2. He found plenty of excuses for Haynes poor game yesterday. He put it down to needing the run, because of his injuries. He said he got shifted to the wing because he was rooted, and needed a break. Apparently Stuart is happy with this, because he really thought Hayne needed the hit out. It sounds like he is going to find a spot for Hayne somewhere.

3. Seemed to hose down any suggestion of Woods or Sims getting a run this year. He is stoked because they have come through the Origin Development squads and he is certain that they will play many Origin games - he just wasn't sure whether it would be this year.

4. Was very impressed with Pearce's and Farah's combinations yesterday. Said it was Farah's best game this year. I would say Pearce is a lock for the halfback spot - don't think Farah will squeeze in for Origin 1 due to the return of Grandpa Bedsy.

5. He and Fittler attributed Carney's slow start to the game yesterday to nerves. It sounds like he is pretty much locked in for the 6.

6. Some players played themselves out of Origin yesterday. No idea who this might have been - Josh Morris perhaps? Maybe Creagh or Scott?

1) It was probably either Hayne or BMoz. The spanner in the works will be Dugs or Stewart as you said. Hopefully we see Stewart get the nod.

2) I think he will find a spot somewhere in the 17. It will probably be on the wing. With Uate the opposite.

3) Not a good or bad thing. They will be there eventually and their time will come. I'm confident he will pick a good squad while trying to keep a consistent team while making necessary changes.

4) Farah has what it takes if he has a strong forward pack that get's the meters. He has good spark, is a great rake and a tackling machine. I think Bedsy will get the nod though.

5) Carney needs to be our 5/8 I think. He has the attack spark and go-forward we need. He seemed to improve heaps in the 2nd half. So I can see what he means by saying that.

6) Morris bros maybe? Maybe a few of the forwards as well? Hard to know but he should have a pretty solid idea of his team by now.

It made for an interesting interview.

Dragon2010

First Grade
The more I hear from Stuart, the more I believe he had decided on the majority of his team before the season had even kicked off.

Which is a good thing. It means he's not just looking at a few games from this year. He's looking at last year, previous Origin form, club/origin combinations and other factors. He's not just throwing together "A flavor of the month team".

Tweed Titan

Bench
Handbags at 10 paces, must be Origin time again.

Seen a lot of criticism surrounding Bird. Titans games have clashed with others a lot this year so I probably haven't seen a great deal of him, but he was fantastic in City v Country, and to say he's done nothing in the last few Origins is crap. I'm sure I remember at least one man of the match performance and a couple of good tries, that stand out.

I am pretty sure some of the people bagging Bird are more than happy to have Brett Morris in their teams. :lol:

Bird isn't a front runner at the moment and his club form has been ordinary but I remember 2 MOTM performances in his first 3 origins. Not to mention that quality Pearce/Bird try last year in game 1 that would have iced the game if Nuffis doesn't donate a try to Yee Haw.

Talk about short term memories.

MacDougall

First Grade
Bullshit mate. The Tigpies fans have been bitching plenty about Ennis for the last 3 years. What bloody rock have you been hiding under?!

And most of the time everyone sans Dogs fans agreed with us about the Ennis/Farah debate. Last year being Farah's worst full season brought the discussion to a bit more even ground.

Rod

Bench
I am pretty sure some of the people bagging Bird are more than happy to have Brett Morris in their teams. :lol:

Bird isn't a front runner at the moment and his club form has been ordinary but I remember 2 MOTM performances in his first 3 origins. Not to mention that quality Pearce/Bird try last year in game 1 that would have iced the game if Nuffis doesn't donate a try to Yee Haw.

Talk about short term memories.

Bird will be there, almost guaranteed, and rightly so.

Tiger Hawk

Bench

Heard all that. Only thing I'll differ on is that after listening to Sticky on Woods & Sims I'd bet my left nut that Sims gets a bench spot for game 1. On Woods he was a bit more passive, still very pleased with how he went but couldn't help get the impression he's not in the frame for game 1.

He also defended Buderus and his decision to not play, saying he'd spoken to him a couple of weeks ago. I get the impression from everything he said that Buderus is a lock for game 1. As you said, he was rapt with how Farah and Pearce combined so perhaps a bench spot for Farah beckons if he keeps playing well.

He also mentioned Glenn Stewart (along with Dugan & Brett Stewart) coming back from injury and wanting to see how he performs so he's not out of the running either.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Sorry I had a crack at a Newcastle player. I should know that's not allowed in the kitchen. :lol:

As for Farah, up until yesterday, you're right he hasn't done enough. But if he builds on yesterday and has two great games in a row he's a must, either to start or off the bench. He's simply better than any other option.

lol Well havnt my comments touched of quite the wildfire in here

Farah will need more than 2 good games to put himself back in the SOO frame because not only this year has he been playing like, what was the word you liked to use? oh yeah, a "spastic", he was also playing like a "spastic" last year too.

Robbie has had every chance to oust Ennis from the NSW #9 jersey over the last 3 years but much like Mullen, has failed to perform when it really counts.

Bedsy has never let anyone down in SOO, even in the games everyone claims he was not so good in back in '06-'08. The fact that all he has had to do this year is put in a couple of those typical games to put him in the box seat for the NSW 9 jersey speaks volumes of just how lacking both Robbie and Mick are in what Ricky is looking for.

NSW is once again up against it

Mr Saab

Referee
Steve Mortimer was on sportsline last night. The bench he selected was :

Creagh
Hoffman
Mateo
Hinchcliffe

I LOLd....not ONE prop of the bench and two players who have NOT performed in origin in Creagh and Hoffman.

gronkathon

First Grade
Creagh is a line running back rower. I would prefer Tariq or T-Rexx to take his place.

My one rule of thumb with Origin is that if Laurie Daley is pushing someones barrow run as far from that selection as possible

Mr Saab

Referee
I hope to god Crayon is picked...either Bench or starting 13 as he offers nothing. Tony Williams or Tariq Sims on the other hand would make things interesting

Latest posts