What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Ladmate

Bench
Loyalty is overrated. Should we have been loyal to Steve Turner and Anthony Quinn? Or Brett White and Brent Kite? Pick the right team that can win, and then loyalty should come in the equation.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Brent Morris is doing his best to make me forget his terrible form on the wing last year. Since moving to FB he has been tremendous

Im really torn whether he should be selected or not

Dragon2010

First Grade
Jw you jinxed it mate! Did you him in CvC? He didn't seem to step-up to much there. Seems
He can never hit the 2nd gear required for rep matches. I still think Dugan or Stewart should be the fullback, I'm just scared Minichello might be closer to an origin jersey then we think.

And damn :/ No Scott by looks of it.

Dragon2010

First Grade
He's never been able to step-up I think that's his issues. Brilliant club player
No doubt. Heck, I think we might see Mini in a NSW jersey if no one else stands up. It's mistakes like those you can't make in Origin. The other defenders should have been applying the pressure though and up with Morris to defend the set.

Who would you pick for fullback honestly at this moment? It's a tough decisions. Haven't aren't how Stewart and Dugan will bounce back from injury. Hayne is on one leg,
Morris is not a proven rep performer and Mini? Worst on ground in GameIII.

Tweed Titan

Bench
LOL @ Morris letting Mitchell Pearce get to that ball first, and being out jumped by grandpa Mini. That Pearce try seems to remind me of a critical play some time last year. ;-)

The funny thing is Morris started off that game really well with an inspirational try saver against Mini. (In his prime would have scored easy though)

It's almost like he remembered he is a nuffie and then went AWOL for the next couple of tries.

It was a really entertaining game of footy, even if it was sloppy at times so kudos to the Dragons and Roosters.

Last edited:

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Loyalty is overrated. Should we have been loyal to Steve Turner and Anthony Quinn? Or Brett White and Brent Kite? Pick the right team that can win, and then loyalty should come in the equation.

Errr what? You need to take a long, hard look at the Queensland side and tell me what the difference is between our selections and their selections.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
LOL @ Morris letting Mitchell Pearce get to that ball first, and being out jumped by grandpa Mini. That Pearce try seems to remind me of a critical play some time last year. ;-)

The funny thing is Morris started off that game really well with an inspirational try saver against Mini. (In his prime would have scored easy though)

It's almost like he remembered he is a nuffie and then went AWOL for the next couple of tries.

It was a really entertaining game of footy, even if it was sloppy at times so kudos to the Dragons and Roosters.

I know Gould talks about Origin plays and Origin players to death, but that was probably it for me. Pearce was desperate and scrapped for the ball, Morris was lazy.

Joker's Wild

Coach
lol I certainly put the mocker on him didn't I

He is in the Mullen boat Im afraid. Has tonnes of talent but goes to mush when stepping up a level

Looks like that's it for Scott, don't think he'll be back for game 1. I think we should look to someone like Fenson to replace him. A guy who's solid on defence like Scott.

jbl31649

Juniors
Well talk about eating your own shit and deserving it. Thanx Hoffman I tried to back you, your on your own now....

Parra Pride

Referee
He's never been able to step-up I think that's his issues. Brilliant club player
No doubt. Heck, I think we might see Mini in a NSW jersey if no one else stands up. It's mistakes like those you can't make in Origin. The other defenders should have been applying the pressure though and up with Morris to defend the set.

Who would you pick for fullback honestly at this moment? It's a tough decisions. Haven't aren't how Stewart and Dugan will bounce back from injury. Hayne is on one leg,
Morris is not a proven rep performer and Mini? Worst on ground in GameIII.

I could understand Stewart or Dugan ahead of Hayne, but if Ricky is so against having Hayne at fullback that he picks Minichello he really has lost the plot.

betcats

Referee

You show loyalty to the players that perform for you, so not those nuffies but Bird, Scott and Watmough have earned some loyalty.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Of course you can, if they are the best options. It's not like any of them are likely to see huge minutes anyway, with all of Gallen, Lewis, Bird & Watmough capable of playing 80 minutes. I'd expect Sims & Williams to get no more than 15 minutes each. Based on Merrin & Galloway last year, the bench prop will get about 10 minutes.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Poor bugger

I dislocated my elbow playing footy when I was 16 and it took ages to come good. I still cant fully extend my arm but I have full strength in it. Mind you I also fractured the tip of my radius bone so if he hasnt done anything like that he will be right.

Agree that we need to look to a guy like Fensom in the side. We will need a defencive backrower to take pressure of our ball players

Latest posts