What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Tweed Titan

Bench
Poor bugger

I dislocated my elbow playing footy when I was 16 and it took ages to come good. I still cant fully extend my arm but I have full strength in it. Mind you I also fractured the tip of my radius bone so if he hasnt done anything like that he will be right.

Agree that we need to look to a guy like Fensom in the side. We will need a defencive backrower to take pressure of our ball players

Don't mind the idea of Fensom in the team actually. Lets see how he goes over the next few weeks.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Need someone with defense like Scott and his intensity to. Fenton is the best but still need to kick the rest of the team in the ass and make sure they do their jobs. What I like about Pearce is he's a no bs half. He will tackle and slam people. Like his hit on Soward yesterday. Or Thaiday last series.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Couldnt watch the ANZAC games. How did the likes of Soward and Maloney perform?

Maloney had a few good plays. So did Soward:

Both had 0 try asists, Soward had two line breaks and seemed to be willing to run the ball, wind conditions killed his kicking though. He was solid in defense.

Pearce was the standout IMO

Joker's Wild

Coach
I thought Maloney was pretty ordinary yesterday. His short kicking was especially crap

Soward ran well and made Leilia look silly on a couple of occasions but his normally good long kicking was a bit off. Like D2010 said, probably due to the windy conditions

Dragon2010

First Grade
He has a few good plays that's it. He's been quiet lately. Anyway I'm certain Carney/Pearce are our halves.

As for the bench there's no point playing Williams for less then 20min (10 a half). He's impact and with a few balls he can be damaging given the time. Our fr/br all depends on where Gallen plays as well.

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Brett Stewart
2. Akuila Uate
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Tariq Sims
15. Tony Williams
16. Tim Mannah
17. Aaron Woods

Screw the bench back utility. If one of the backs goes down Luke Lewis and Tariq Sims are capable of shuffling into there.

milton

Juniors
Good team, I think brett morris will be in the team instead of Stewert and Glen Stewert may start with Watmough on the bench instead of woods

MacDougall

First Grade
1. Josh Dugan
2. Akuila Uate
3. Jarryd Hayne
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Brett Morris
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Danny Buderus
10. James Tamou
11. Luke Lewis
12. Greg Bird
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Tariq Sims
15. Tony Williams
16. Tim Mannah
17. Kurt Gidley

Is what I think they will end up naming.

Pazza

First Grade
hayne
uate
morris
jennings
morris
carney
pearce
gallen
buderus
tamou
bird
sims
lewis

gidley
watmough
williams
mannah

The Gambler

Juniors
I could live with that. Surely Lawrence won't make it ahead of Jennings though.
Only reasoning would be if Jennings doesn't get the miles in his legs before game 1.

Anyone know the status of his injury?

EDIT: I now realise he is back this week. Carry on...

Dragon2010

First Grade
Yup he's back. Should get a few games under him. It was only a pec strain so his speed and attack the line should be the same. He HAS to be there. I just wonder whim will be around him?

All we know for certain is Hayne will be there somewhere, Uate and Jennjmgs are lock in's to.

hellteam

First Grade
As much as I hate them, you need Brett and Glenn Stewart in the team. They're winners, have a look at Manly over the last few years. I think they should be at fullback and second row respectively.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Some people on Twitter are going into meltdown on @thegameplan mentions. Going on about Soward and Raving about the pick and stick/loyalty. It's interesting. Some people are just delusional or ignorant.

Either way. I think Stewart is our best option fullback we need player who can create points. We have the skill to win, we have the players and the talent it's just selecting them and executing the game plan.

Jason Maher

Immortal
NSW team revision #137

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
13. Greg Bird
12. Luke Lewis
11. Anthony Watmough
10. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
8. Paul Gallen (c)

14. James Tamou
15. Tim Mannah
16. Tariq Sims
17. Kurt Gidley

chitmunkey

Juniors
NSW team revision #137

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
13. Greg Bird
12. Luke Lewis
11. Anthony Watmough
10. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
8. Paul Gallen (c)

14. James Tamou
15. Tim Mannah
16. Tariq Sims
17. Kurt Gidley

Probably the best team i've seen posted.
For QLD sake i'm hoping it doesn't get selected!

Good impact from the bench.. prooven performers at rep level.

Latest posts