What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Dragon2010

First Grade
Thats good still gives him time to get a few more games so his absolutely match fit come SOO.

Yup agreed. Jennings HAS to be there. I'd be tempted to play Lawrence despise his form he was good in CvC is a right center and is a class player either way.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think you may just be 100% spot on. But Ben Creagh for Williams/Bird.

Sticky is a massive bird fan, he will be there

The article the other day about Williams convinced me he will be there, however if he isn't picked I think Glenn Stewart or possibly tariq sims will get a run ahead of creagh.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Sticky is a massive bird fan, he will be there

The article the other day about Williams convinced me he will be there, however if he isn't picked I think Glenn Stewart or possibly tariq sims will get a run ahead of creagh.

I think there is a chance we can see both Sims and Williams possibly.

Dragon2010

First Grade
That would be very interesting, instead of who?

Lewis, Scott? Only play 2 props?

Lewis won't be dropped his utility value is unreal. I think for Scott depends how the selectors feel on his form. Sims and Williams would be a pure impact bench to simply run the ball and try to terrorize the defensive line on the attack.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Game 3 last year showed how much Scott was missed. After gallen he was nsw's best player in games 1 & II IMO

He may be out of form for saints and I know it's an over used phrase but he is a true 'origin player'

Dragon2010

First Grade
Didn't Sticky practically rule out Sims?

Did he?

I rate Scott. We did miss him in GameIII his defense is just too notch and his aggression and intensity is brilliant. I think he should be there but god knows what brain explosion Fulton will unfold. After King last year nothing will surprise me.

I think we need Scott simple for his defense. Leave the attacking and destructive runs to Bird, Lewis, Tamou and Williams. As I said "Maybe both" I was simply making a comment. I'd rather just Williams to play it safe and take Scott. I don't think we can handle only two props.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I could have sworn I read somewhere that he probably won't pick him in Game 1 for whatever reason. Could be wrong though.

Yeah, Scott is a must for NSW. His defence was brilliant in those 2 Origin games and he kept Slater quiet and covered that inside ball QLD love to do, very well. Besides the last few minutes of Game 1 of course lol.

Dragon2010

First Grade
The last few mins in GameI? Mate. You can't expect Scott to have stopped Slayer. It's not just his job to tackle. Blame the derp Ennis who kicked the ball on the 4th from 35m out. We should have played the set and Soward should have put a shot up.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
The last few mins in GameI? Mate. You can't expect Scott to have stopped Slayer. It's not just his job to tackle. Blame the derp Ennis who kicked the ball on the 4th from 35m out. We should have played the set and Soward should have put a shot up.
Yep, it was Ennis that gave them all the momentum. I just said Scott because he got caught a bit on the inside, but that wasn't his fault, not many would have stopped him with all that momentum against NSW.

Boganater

Juniors
Scott was pretty decent last year but there are so many good back rowers for NSW it would be easy for him to be left out, he hasn't been outstanding this year.
This is my team:
1. Hayne/Dugan
2. Ferguson
3. Jennings
4. Hayne/Morris
5. Uate
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Gallen
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Watmough
12. Bird
13. Lewis
14. Hinchcliffe
15. T Williams
16. TLL
17. Sims

Dragon2010

First Grade
Ennis gave them momentum. Had we held the ball all we had to do was defend two sets deep in QLD half. If we kicked the ball dead or got a field goal for a reset or applied pressure and forced a drop-out. Would have been different.

Broganater, It's more Scotts ticker and defense that is great in Origin.

farmeister

Juniors
I'm glad to see Scott is getting some credit on this forum. Just watching him in City vs. Country reminded me how good he is in rep football. When City was up on Country's line, it seemed like every 2nd tackle was made by Scott. According to nrl.com, he finished with 31 tackles for the match (top for Country) and not a single missed tackle.

As I've said before, I don't think it's any coincidence that the one game last year we were missing Beau Scott was the one game where NSW's defence fell apart.

Scott is a must for Origin in my opinion.

If that means leaving out Glenn Stewart, I'm all for that. G. Stewart is a great player for Manly but I don't think it's worth trying to build a team & gameplan around him for Origin, which is what you would have to do to get the best out of him.

I would go with:

11. Scott
12. Bird
13. Lewis
14. Watmough
15. Sims / Williams (depending on form in the next 2 weeks)

The first 4 are all proven performers in Origin, and the either Sims or Williams is the perfect interchange for impact.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Agreed. Scott has to be there. He's a great enforcer to. He's worth it for his defense alone purely. He is the guy that can slam Slater, Smith and co on their backs and make a few bind-crunching tackles. He also lifts the teams defense to a new level by saying "I'll lead the way in defense boys".

Pazza

First Grade
Scott has to be there, QLD have Taylor and Inglis attacking down that side and a guy like Scott is essential for stopping them!

betcats

Referee
I'm glad to see Scott is getting some credit on this forum. Just watching him in City vs. Country reminded me how good he is in rep football. When City was up on Country's line, it seemed like every 2nd tackle was made by Scott. According to nrl.com, he finished with 31 tackles for the match (top for Country) and not a single missed tackle.

As I've said before, I don't think it's any coincidence that the one game last year we were missing Beau Scott was the one game where NSW's defence fell apart.

If that means leaving out Glenn Stewart, I'm all for that. G. Stewart is a great player for Manly but I don't think it's worth trying to build a team & gameplan around him for Origin, which is what you would have to do to get the best out of him.

I would go with:

11. Scott
12. Bird
13. Lewis
14. Watmough

The first 4 are all proven performers in Origin, and the either Sims or Williams is the perfect interchange for impact.

+1

Really good post.

ByRd

First Grade

I would go with:

11. Scott
12. Bird
13. Lewis
14. Watmough

+2