What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

Tiger Hawk

Bench
^ Agreed. Only possible difference would be Buderus to start and Farah off the bench instead of Gidley.

Heard Gaz on the radio this morning. Wanted Hayne at right centre, Josh Morris at right wing & Mini at fullback. Didn't catch his left side combination but presume Jennings and Brett Morris. I hope that isn't the 3/4 line.

Dragon2010

First Grade
^ Agreed. Only possible difference would be Buderus to start and Farah off the bench instead of Gidley.

Heard Gaz on the radio this morning. Wanted Hayne at right centre, Josh Morris at right wing & Mini at fullback. Didn't catch his left side combination but presume Jennings and Brett Morris. I hope that isn't the 3/4 line.

And where is Uate in all that? Hayne at center I can live with.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
That's what I was thinking. Uate plays on the right but he wanted to play two guys out of position on that side, and Mini at the back.

betcats

Referee
Im keen to see how the Stewarts go this week, with Scott out i think Glenn can fill that defensive second rower role, he is good defensively and i remember him hitting very hard last time he played origin, and Brett hopefully can get his legs under him otherwise i think Stick will get Mini in there.

Frailty

First Grade
Hayne at right centre is a death wish waiting to happen...

Hayne's defence is weak as shit (missing 5 tackles in CvC) and you want him going up against Greg Inglis? Umm.... No thanks.

Dragon2010

First Grade
He's on one leg. The center play is a risk. He's still class no doubt. If you play him anywhere you out him on the left wing. Stewart at FB (He's back for Manly) so he will be fit. Jennings and Lawrence as centers (Jennings back for Penrith and Lawrence is all class he will perform). Uate on right ring. Thats an incredibly fast and potent attacking backline that has speed and endurance and power. Stewart is also a great strategist and positional fullback. Guy can sniff out a try and is great at set ups to.

1) Stewart
2) Hayne
3) Jennings
4) Lawrence
5) Uate

As JH and many other people have named. Not that hard. We need a team that can score points. Something about Carney being our 5/8 and sending off Jennings into full flight for example are the kinds of plays we need to make. We have the speed and footwork just need to gel and put the points on.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Most of our centres are going to get slaughtered 1-1 against Inglis. Our best right centre since MGidley retired, Gaz, got schooled plenty trying to take on GI himself.

The most effective way to stop GI is to get up in his face and work together. That means that whoever is defending the right edge from the backrow will need to communicate really well with our right flank defenders and smash him with numbers.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Most of our centres are going to get slaughtered 1-1 against Inglis. Our best right centre since MGidley retired, Gaz, got schooled plenty trying to take on GI himself.

The most effective way to stop GI is to get up in his face and work together. That means that whoever is defending the right edge from the backrow will need to communicate really well with our right flank defenders and smash him with numbers.

Or just pray for an injury to him or smack him so f*cking hard he gets concussed :crazy:

Dragon2010

First Grade
Then he should teach one of the players how to defend Inglis effectively.

No doubt he will teach the boys a few tricks and show them video footage and analysis sessions. I have no doubt our forwards/backrest will put in the effort to contain him.

Goddo

Bench
NSW team revision #137

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
13. Greg Bird
12. Luke Lewis
11. Anthony Watmough
10. Michael Weyman
9. Robbie Farah
8. Paul Gallen (c)

14. James Tamou
15. Tim Mannah
16. Tariq Sims
17. Kurt Gidley

I'd guess thats pretty much the side, barring injuries.

Backline could be reshuffled, maybe Josh Morris for Lawrence, or Hayne to centre and Brett Morris onto the wing. Fingers crossed Brett Stewart will be fit. FFS no Minichello.

Is there an outside chance Hayne gets the utility spot? or Farah? I hate Gidley, but he has been kissed on the arse by a rainbow.

Forwards are pretty much settled - hooker a bit open between Farah and Buderus. Props are spot on, barring injury (which would see Hunt or Merrin come in). Second row perfect. Bench weapons will be Sims or Williams, depending on injury. Glen Stewart would be a smokey.

But otherwise, I think we are there.

Jason Maher

Immortal
I concur with everything in the above post. I'm assuming Kidley will be there, though I wouldn't pick him myself in a month of Sundays.

RABK

Referee
I'm warming to a Weyman Origin return but he really needs to ensure he runs some lines and uses footwork to try and hit holes, isolate defenders or beat the first man because his last Origin stint was one out getting belted stuff.

He definitely has it in him more than any other NSW prop to help Gallen set a platform by putting in a huge 70-90 metre opening 17 minutes.

Our abundance of backrow must picks means if we do go Weyman than two of Tamou/Merrin/Mannah have to miss out to accommodate Gallens 70 minutes at prop. We'll only carry one bench prop with Gallen at prop - i guarantee it.

RABK

Referee
Or a question for you all.

If Stuart is serious in his 'I want to play Gallen at lock but i need to find 4 capable props' statements then who would be your 4 prop rotation or your new look forward pack. I mean it is quite possible Gal may indeed be lock, highly unlikely i guess but still possible.

8. Tamou
10. Mannah/Weyman

16. Weyman/Mannah
17. Merrin

Would be my four.

Jono078

Referee
I think Merrin and Mannah are my two must be there props.

Id personally have Snowden there too. I have no idea why he's been overlooked, he's been so good for us and is in career best form.

Then I guess it's gonna be Tamou there...

Raider_69

Post Whore
It could work. Mannah's been pretty ordinary this year though.
I dont think we have enough quality in the front row to move Gallen.
Him, Tamou and Merrin seems ok to me. Watmough does enough tough stuff in the middle to make up the difference

Such a shame TLL played like a busted in CvC and played his way out of contention. He could have been one of them

Latest posts