What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Grand Final

BranVan3000

Coach
After what I saw the other night, I think the Sea Eagles would love to get your mob in the Prelim.

Either way, as much as I want us to win, the Roosters or Rorters will be too good.

From what I've seen Sea Eagles would rather not get any top 4 team in the prelims :lol:

ceagle

Bench
When the refs put the whistle away for the finals I would love another crack at em in the finals. We dominated them up until Steve Matai's no try which was the turning point of the game despite souffs receiving piggy back penalties all game.

typicalfan

Coach
Sea Eagles have had problems getting past quality teams this year and their front row rotation is quite poor. Bulldogs challenged the Bunnies more than Manly did and have some stars to come back. They are the smokey.

BranVan3000

Coach
When the refs put the whistle away for the finals I would love another crack at em in the finals. We dominated them up until Steve Matai's no try which was the turning point of the game despite souffs receiving piggy back penalties all game.

Your team's attack is mediocre. We repelled your team all night without breaking a sweat in both games. Rabbitohs have weaknesses, namely against strong or fast outside backs, but your team possesses none of the capabilities to take advantage of that. The only thing you've had in either game is aggressive line speed

ceagle

Bench
Your team's attack is mediocre. We repelled your team all night without breaking a sweat in both games. Rabbitohs have weaknesses, namely against strong or fast outside backs, but your team possesses none of the capabilities to take advantage of that. The only thing you've had in either game is aggressive line speed
Yours aint much better, a few kicks with all the weighted possession you were given by the refs was the difference

As much as you would like to dissmiss it Manly have all the capabilities of beating Souffs and any other top 4 team on the day. We drew with Melbourne in Melbourne with Brett Stewart which is a great result, and lost to the Roosters in two tight games where we were missing Stewart in one and Foran in the other which anyone knows are both crucial to our team. We still have a game against Melbourne to go so their is still a chance to shut down the doubters before the finals.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
Great teams defend bad calls. I can remember in the game v Souths David Williams being held up over the line and the ball he got was dead set 2-3m forward. If he doesnt get held up Manly are awarded a try off a dodgey call but it doesnt attract the media attention either.

ceagle

Bench
Great teams defend bad calls. I can remember in the game v Souths David Williams being held up over the line and the ball he got was dead set 2-3m forward. If he doesnt get held up Manly are awarded a try off a dodgey call but it doesnt attract the media attention either.
If both teams are evenly poised why should one team have to deal with more bad calls then the other?

typicalfan

Coach
That does happen in a game. Getting the rub of the green was definitely in the Rabbitohs favour. I just felt Manly were really on their game and a fair bit of ill discipline brought them down. Ill discipline in big games has been the Sea Eagles issue since Toovey took over IMO.

BranVan3000

Coach
Yours aint much better, a few kicks with all the weighted possession you were given by the refs was the difference

As much as you would like to dissmiss it Manly have all the capabilities of beating Souffs and any other top 4 team on the day. We drew with Melbourne in Melbourne with Brett Stewart which is a great result, and lost to the Roosters in two tight games where we were missing Stewart in one and Foran in the other which anyone knows are both crucial to our team. We still have a game against Melbourne to go so their is still a chance to shut down the doubters before the finals.

I'm not dismissing Manly, on the contrary I think Manly are a great team I just happen to think that by chance we've built a team that is a foil for yours. As I said we can be caught out by big strong, fast wingers and centres, what Manly have are a crafty center (Lyon), an aggressive one (Mataii) while Tafua and Willisms are good without being great. We are also very good at defusing tries from kicks which has limited some of your options there.

I will give Manly credit for getting it over our forwards but that was without our best forward and with your guys willing to push the boundaries as far as penalties go

Meth

Staff member
The best two teams are Souths and the Roosters. They will play in the grand final.

I have a suspicion that one of these two teams will lose in the first week and end up playing each other in a GF qualifying semi

mongoose

Coach
I have a suspicion that one of these two teams will lose in the first week and end up playing each other in a GF qualifying semi

I have a suspicion that the refs will try their darndest to get the Roosters and Rabbitohs home in week 1.

simostorm

Bench
It will either be Storm or Souths vs Roosters. All depends on week one Storm vs Souths.. whoever wins will go through.. Storm's recent injuries and niggles and general look of being completely stuffed all the time... it will take something pretty special for them to get up this year.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Get over it. Watch the second half again. None of Souths tries were affected by any penalty advantages. Out of the three tries only ONE had a penalty in the lead up and there were two forced dropouts in the same attacking stanza so you can hardly say a penalty (which only reset the tackle count by two) gave Souths any advantage. Look at your teams missed tackles, completions and errors. You were outplayed by a better team stop sooking.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench
i can see the cowboys making the gf. they are one of the only teams unbeaten through august. if they do not get quite that far, i would like to see them eliminate sharks and manly in finals weeks 1 and 2.

snoozer

Bench
i can see the cowboys making the gf. they are one of the only teams unbeaten through august. if they do not get quite that far, i would like to see them eliminate sharks and manly in finals weeks 1 and 2.
you sound like you smoke more weed than me.

isaiah

Bench
they have played the footy this last month that most students of the game were expecting in 2013 after they were robbed by the video ref deep into the finals in 2012. they had been the most disappointing team this year because of the depth they have in their top 25. they leave out forwards every week that would make benches in almost every other side. their poor play for most of the year can in part be put down to the way that tamou had played in pain from his back injured in round 4. it only came good early in this latest run of wins. they are specials to beat the sharks this weekend. they are not just dependent on thurston dominating, they have talent all over the park.

Latest posts