What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Grand Final

GONZO72

Juniors
Only 3 teams can win ....roosters, manly, storm. Souths are pretenders. Canterbury will fall away. The rugby league world would love a roosters v manly decider. Easily the two best teams this year.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Easts v manly. Manly are just to dam gritty and have a quality side. I think we have enough momentum to get us to the big day but i wouldn't discount anyone at this stage.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Melbourne need to finish Top 2, or 3rd and play Souffs Week 1.

If this happens I cant seem them being stopped from making the GF.

They will be hard to beat in Melbourne in the last 4 as Manly found out last year...

isaiah

Bench
Gotta love how you all talk about the current top 4 being the only chances. Just because a team has not made the gf from teams 5-8 since the change in the finals system, doesn't mean that history cannot be made if a team finds form from now until week 2 of the finals. most of the teams from positions 5-12 have the roster to beat a top 4 team coming off a loss, in week 2 of the finals. they will just need to build some momentum and get their key players playing well.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Gotta love how you all talk about the current top 4 being the only chances. Just because a team has not made the gf from teams 5-8 since the change in the finals system, doesn't mean that history cannot be made if a team finds form from now until week 2 of the finals. most of the teams from positions 5-12 have the roster to beat a top 4 team coming off a loss, in week 2 of the finals. they will just need to build some momentum and get their key players playing well.

Nah.. its because this year the teams in 5-8 are shyte...

None of them could beat Souffs, let alone the other 3....

The Pip

Juniors

I am new to this forum, but I have been following the comments for a while now, as I find it an extremely entertaining read. I had to join and respond as your comments and analysis are a continual pile of steaming horse manure. You have maintained that Manly would not make the 8 - the Chooks would not make the 4 etc for about 4 months now! How wrong can one person be? Mercy, please no more - but hold on one more for the road I see? So who is going to win the comp outside the 4? The rampagingly obese kebab munching Bullgrubs? Or the pedigree riddled winners the Sharks? Maybe the Titans? Mercy please no more...

GONZO72

Juniors
I am new to this forum, but I have been following the comments for a while now, as I find it an extremely entertaining read. I had to join and respond as your comments and analysis are a continual pile of steaming horse manure. You have maintained that Manly would not make the 8 - the Chooks would not make the 4 etc for about 4 months now! How wrong can one person be? Mercy, please no more - but hold on one more for the road I see? So who is going to win the comp outside the 4? The rampagingly obese kebab munching Bullgrubs? Or the pedigree riddled winners the Sharks? Maybe the Titans? Mercy please no more...

You're right Pip, he is a dribbler. I could write his knowledge of rugby league on the back of a postage stamp.

Card Shark

Immortal

My knowledge of league is limited as I agree with ya mate.

It's unlikely this will happen but its not impossible or without precedence.

Even though my rugby league knowledge is limited, as I've only been following the game for over 35 years, I know that things can change quickly in rugby league.

bellyache

Bench
Only 3 teams can win ....roosters, manly, storm. Souths are pretenders. Canterbury will fall away. The rugby league world would love a roosters v manly decider. Easily the two best teams this year.
Can you predict the score mate?

isaiah

Bench
Nah.. its because this year the teams in 5-8 are shyte...

None of them could beat Souffs, let alone the other 3....
i'd agree on teams 5-8 as it stands now, but in a few weeks, the 2 form teams, broncs and cowboys, will reside in the 8, and the titans could very well join them if they can get albert kelly back on the park.

isaiah

Bench
My knowledge of league is limited as I agree with ya mate.

It's unlikely this will happen but its not impossible or without precedence.

Even though my rugby league knowledge is limited, as I've only been following the game for over 35 years, I know that things can change quickly in rugby league.
only 35 years and only sydney football?

its 38 for me watching qrl football and the nrl since about 85

Apey

Staff member
i'd agree on teams 5-8 as it stands now, but in a few weeks, the 2 form teams, broncs and cowboys, will reside in the 8, and the titans could very well join them if they can get albert kelly back on the park.

we get it, you're a genius.

BunniesMan

Immortal
No Queensland team will make the finals. And if they do they won't make it past week 1.

Souths v Easts grand final, those are the best two teams but I could imagine one of them choking in the face of Melbournes experience.

Cant see a grand finalist coming from anywhere else.