What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambretta

First Grade
That Titans helmet design is utter pants

Gaz's designs are far better than anything they've had so far
Simple, classic designs that their fans would undoubtedly buy en-mass

When clubs release shirts do they do so knowing that their supporters will buy any old shit or do they ask themselves that if they get it right will they flog a shit load more?

I remember the Bulldogs releasing the hoops design as a limited release and it just kept selling and selling and selling. There was a f**king good reason - it was just better and simpler than anything else they'd released in years. The fans reacted accordingly.

It seems most other clubs just didn't work out what they needed to do

Wait til they release the picture for the Eels Away jerseys for 2013, it's well... not what you would expect for a eels jersey and really well ugly. Xblades rep showed me artwork but wasn't allowed to leave me a copy and said the club would release first in Nov/Dec.

ek999

First Grade
Wait til they release the picture for the Eels Away jerseys for 2013, it's well... not what you would expect for a eels jersey and really well ugly. Xblades rep showed me artwork but wasn't allowed to leave me a copy and said the club would release first in Nov/Dec.

Able to give us a description?

GAZF

First Grade
No point asking me, i get whatever is different and new as a i collect them.

Exception to the rule I would say.

Sounds hideous. I've grown to really like the current jerseys.

Why depart from a jersey the defines the Eels? The gold jersey is so unique. Oh, wait, this is the same mob that did the Tigers and Knights disasters. I'd never go with Blades if I ran a team.

Joker's Wild

Coach

Why depart from a jersey the defines the Eels? The gold jersey is so unique. Oh, wait, this is the same mob that did the Tigers and Knights disasters. I'd never go with Blades if I ran a team.

Yet they didnt manage to bugger up the Sharks jerseys

I think the club management had more to do with those designs than the manufacturer

GAZF

First Grade
Yet they didnt manage to bugger up the Sharks jerseys

I think the club management had more to do with those designs than the manufacturer

Or the Dogs for that matter. Club management plays a big part in what comes out but they seem too eager to bend over backwards and either compromise design aestheitc or supply a terrible option in the first place. No other manufacturer in Australia does it to that extent, except adidas with the Titans.

In the UK clubs, both soccer and RL allow supporters to vote on what jerseys they wear for the upcoming season. Would be good for fans here to have that option too.

Saint Doc

Coach
Peter Wynn score has eels yellow jerseys for $69, cheapest of any jersey. Certainly fits with what the earlier poster said about a new design being quite different.

grouch

First Grade
Or the Dogs for that matter. Club management plays a big part in what comes out but they seem too eager to bend over backwards and either compromise design aestheitc or supply a terrible option in the first place. No other manufacturer in Australia does it to that extent, except adidas with the Titans.
According to Peter Doust at a members forum this is why the Dragons parted ways with adidas. They wanted to "experiment" with the Red V

GAZF

First Grade
According to Peter Doust at a members forum this is why the Dragons parted ways with adidas. They wanted to "experiment" with the Red V

Disgusting (on Adidas' part) if true, they wouldn't mess around with Collingwood or Essendon but would spit all over a traditional league identity if given the opportunity. A good move by the Dragons if that's the case. Given that Reebok is a subsidiary of Adidas, I'm surprised to see that Reebok hasn't dished up as much trash.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

I'm glad the Dogs got away from xBlades before they had a chance to ruin. Some argue that CCC have ruined the 'Dogs jerseys but I actually like them. That said, I'd love to see the retro trial strip we worn fulltime, but I don't hate the current ones.

Sharks jersey is shit IMO

Cronulla jersey with white in the middle and the black trim is so awesome.
Which is what they're going back to in 2013, thank god.

Blades come up with about 12 designs and the Club picks one, if they don't like any they go back and design more, don't blame it all on the manfacturer.

applesauce

Bench
Is it in this vein?

2011-12-Celtic-FC-Home-Boys-Football-Shirt-381827_378_A.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts