What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I hated everything about Super League jerseys, for some reason I've really liked what CCC have done with the current Canterbury jersey. But would like to see them move that trial jersey full time.

Dogs Of War

Coach
While I hated everything about Super League jerseys, for some reason I've really liked what CCC have done with the current Canterbury jersey. But would like to see them move that trial jersey full time.

I would love to move to that Jersey. I could imagine the sales the Bulldogs would get if we did as everybody rushed out to update their jersey.

Zigwaa

Bench
The Wiggles have new Jersey's for next season.

Interesting to see they've gone with the double v and double stripe down the sleeve.

60295763_jex_1408488_de25-1.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
While I hated everything about Super League jerseys, for some reason I've really liked what CCC have done with the current Canterbury jersey.

Disagree entirely. The dogs currently have their worst look since super league, if not worse. CCC have destroyed jerseys with their unnecessary piping. The template removes a good quarter of the v-yoke (sleeves, teardrop) and the socks look like a bathhouse experience gone awry. The nike/xblades look was much better, with the exception of the collar.

023523-sonny-bill-williams.jpg

The square V tops all though.

I dislike the Nike/Blades version of the Canterbury jerseys because they were too similar to the super league versions with the curved vee. At least the CCC jersey has a nice straight vee.

Agree that the sock are a shocker.
1997-1998.gif
2008.gif

images

Frailty

First Grade
I dislike the Nike/Blades version of the Canterbury jerseys because they were too similar to the super league versions with the curved vee. At least the CCC jersey has a nice straight vee.

Agree that the sock are a shocker.
1997-1998.gif
2008.gif

images

Except that the CCC jersey doesn't have a straight v...

GAZF

First Grade
And the nike/xblades V isn't as exaggerated as the picture suggests. The CCC V is slightly straighter though.

Gas Panic!

First Grade
Surely the Dogs used that trial game jersey as some sort of attempt at dipping their toe into possible changes to their home jersey in future?

You would have thought the effort to change the jersey only slightly wouldn't be worthwhile i.e. St George go nuts with Charity Shield jerseys, not usually slight variations on a current theme.

Let's hope the Dogs go down that road anyway.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Surely the Dogs used that trial game jersey as some sort of attempt at dipping their toe into possible changes to their home jersey in future?

You would have thought the effort to change the jersey only slightly wouldn't be worthwhile i.e. St George go nuts with Charity Shield jerseys, not usually slight variations on a current theme.

Let's hope the Dogs go down that road anyway.

I am hoping so. I can't buy one with that design, though I would in a canter.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've seen Penrith's designs for next year - they're going from ISC to Asics, home jersey will remain much the same, not sure on alternate. The pink jersey remains in what seems to be a modified format.

GAZF

First Grade
I've seen Penrith's designs for next year - they're going from ISC to Asics, home jersey will remain much the same, not sure on alternate. The pink jersey remains in what seems to be a modified format.

Expect to see some piping-laden training/media gear.

Saint Doc

Coach
Don't get me wrong, I would love the Storm to go back to their heritage jersey.

BUT having seeing as we know that wont happen, I saw Cooper Cronk wearing this on field during warm up. Looked a lot better than the other jerseys on field...I think it has potential as a template for a jersey design since they want to keep the 'modern' look. Bit of colour around the collar and I think it would look like a much better 'on field' jersey

rugby_league_melbourne_storm_training_tee.jpg

Zigwaa

Bench

Who did Asics last do jersey's for? Parra?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
From memory yep. Been out of the game for at least 5 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.