What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr wiggles

Juniors
Poor branding shoved down your throat can turn the consumer away from a product just as much as it raises awareness.

I think your spot on with that one, I hated me Bank when they put that ugly lime green thing on the storms 2010 jersey and every time I watch a vid on ninemsn, they have the same damn add on before every vid. I will never support the brands that annoy me or make my ugly storm jerseys any uglier

applesauce

Bench
I think your spot on with that one, I hated me Bank when they put that ugly lime green thing on the storms 2010 jersey and every time I watch a vid on ninemsn, they have the same damn add on before every vid. I will never support the brands that annoy me or make my ugly storm jerseys any uglier

I never went to WOW and actively promoted JBHIFI to any friends family and talked down WOW. Their cheap and tacky sponsorship galvanised me against them. I have since changed over from AAMI to NRMA insurance since they didn't rape our jersey as bad.

mn_tibor

Juniors
I never went to WOW and actively promoted JBHIFI to any friends family and talked down WOW. Their cheap and tacky sponsorship galvanised me against them. I have since changed over from AAMI to NRMA insurance since they didn't rape our jersey as bad.

Didn't help that WOW were ridiculously overpriced!

mn_tibor

Juniors
I noticed recently that the QLD NRMA logo has changed to the NSW one which is blue. The Broncos website has the logo in blue in the sponsors section. I doubt that this will affect the integration though as the West Sydney Wanderers in the A-League have this logo integrated in their jersey.

As a aside - it bugs me when people use Jaycar as an example of good integration. Their logo is predominantly blue and white anyway so it wasn't a huge stretch!

Joker's Wild

Coach

I exclusively use Hunter Ports for all my coal shipping and loading needs

As for favourite jerseys, this is one of my fav's, the City Origin. Love the double Vee on RL jerseys, Balmain, Australia but for me the blue on yellow really works well.
nsw-city-origin-home-rugby-shirt-s_2519_1_500x400.jpg

Also really love the traditional Rochdale jersey, this one is from 1997. It's a strong simple design that works well.
rochdale-hornets-home-rugby-shirt-1997-s_1447_1_500x400.jpg

Just back from the States and took in an NFL game (Giants V TB Bucs) whilst there, and two things stood out to me:
1. How great "clean" jerseys look as opposed to the growing "billboard" look of some NRL jerseys (minimal advertising around the stadium was also nice to see).
2. How almost all fans at the ground (I'd guess 90%+) wore team colours to some extent, be it a full jersey, training jersey, team shirt, or just a cap. It helps I suppose that there is a waiting list for Giants membership, so the majority of the crowd (except us ringers) are what you would call "true fans" who fork out for a season ticket (plus a Personal Seat Licence, but thats a whole new crazy topic of coversation), but still it makes for a great atmopshere.

Knightmare

Coach
Well, the fact that the NRL is a winter sport and most of the games are evening/ night games contributes to that disparity. People are less likely to have team jackets/ hooded tops and more likely to have jerseys or flags. If you saw more day games, there would be more fans decked out in team colours.

gzerounian

Juniors
Why would anyone in their right mind spend $100+ on a Sydney FC jersey with an UGLY aeroplane pasted on the front of it. I didn't think much of webjet before this sponsorship and dislike them even more now.
Just another example where the cheaper non sponsored "kmart" version of the jersey is actually nicer.

jadu8l.jpg

Saint Doc

Coach
I'm such a jersey snob that when I decided to get into ALeague this season, I basically picked my team based on an awesome jersey and sponsor integration
WSW1213.jpg

Band On The Run

Juniors
Why would anyone in their right mind spend $100+ on a Sydney FC jersey with an UGLY aeroplane pasted on the front of it. I didn't think much of webjet before this sponsorship and dislike them even more now.
Just another example where the cheaper non sponsored "kmart" version of the jersey is actually nicer.

jadu8l.jpg

Could be worse...

Melbourne120512.jpg

KiamaSaint

Coach
The Nike symbol should be centred, or at least under the club logo. I know it is a small thing but throws the balance of the shirt out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts