What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mn_tibor

Juniors
I just read that the NBA has agreed to allow sponsorship on the jerseys next season:

From bleacherreport.com/articles/1266221-nba-will-place-advertising-on-jerseys-in-2013-in-smart-necessary-decision:

implemented for 2013-14, giving teams the chance to line up sponsors and uniform makers the time to add the patch of 2.5 inches-by-2.5 inches just above the heart

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I just read that the NBA has agreed to allow sponsorship on the jerseys next season:

From bleacherreport.com/articles/1266221-nba-will-place-advertising-on-jerseys-in-2013-in-smart-necessary-decision:

implemented for 2013-14, giving teams the chance to line up sponsors and uniform makers the time to add the patch of 2.5 inches-by-2.5 inches just above the heart

Wow, will be really sad if this goes through becuase it means it'll only be a matter of time until the other big US sports follow...

Disgusted by the author of that article.

gzerounian

Juniors
I liked the fact that last year for the All Stars game the jerseys had a tinge of the club colours each player represented. This year I think they should increase the club colours on the jerseys. I think it would be great for marketing as people might actually go out and buy the All Stars jersey for a change. Here is what I propose:

1el36u.jpg

znrne0.jpg

ibamts.jpg

2ccxs0i.jpg

The Great Dane

First Grade
I liked the fact that last year for the All Stars game the jerseys had a tinge of the club colours each player represented. This year I think they should increase the club colours on the jerseys. I think it would be great for marketing as people might actually go out and buy the All Stars jersey for a change. Here is what I propose:

1el36u.jpg

znrne0.jpg

ibamts.jpg

2ccxs0i.jpg

Great idea but I would still put there club emblem on the shoulder.

I'd rather the All-Stars used a mix of Green + Gold and Black + White to represent the two countries of the NRL.

But better than the Exiles jersey from this season. I'd like to see a version of this seasons Castleford jersey with the colours above, reckon it would be a cracker.

Saint Doc

Coach
My dream for the NRL allstars is that they use their own clubs design, but in NRL allstar colours.

You wouldn't be able to use every team's home design - sometimes the alternate or heritage might be the most appropriate to keep the general look of the team the same.

But I think, if done properly, could look really good.

Please please please please excuse my terrible hack on paint, but I just wanted to do a couple of teams to make my point, but if GAZF or one of the newbies with actual jersey designing skills/software could have a proper go at this, I'd love to see what it would look like.

But using the blue&gold colours of the past couple of years...

Dragonsallstar_zpse73d1cf4.jpg

Bulldogsallstar_zps059e9ba6.jpg

knightsallstar_zps53724bef.jpg

bartman

Immortal
Unfortunately our yellow and white jersey next year is not going to be much better on the eyes....

gzerounian

Juniors
I'd rather the All-Stars used a mix of Green + Gold and Black + White to represent the two countries of the NRL.

But better than the Exiles jersey from this season. I'd like to see a version of this seasons Castleford jersey with the colours above, reckon it would be a cracker.

Is something like this what you mean??

2yts3lh.jpg

Tyler Durden

Juniors
All Stars should do what the Barbarians Rugby Union do - the Jerseys are the same, but the player is allowed to wear his club's socks.

GAZF

First Grade
I can't stand the NRL Allstars colours, especially with club colours added.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I can't stand the NRL Allstars colours, especially with club colours added.

the all stars colours are appalling. i dont know what genius thought those colours were good.

from a marketing perspective, elements of the players club being integrated is good, but only to the extent the club produces them. I think last year Dugan and Gallen both ahd jersey's made available through the club but the broncos didnt bother with one for Reed.

I'd like the players to ahve the same jersey (with better colours) and have their teams badge on the jersey (whether sleeve or over heart)

Zigwaa

Bench

Why? English and other nation's NRL players are eligible.

On the Colours of the All Stars, i reckon they should have stuck with the white and gold from the first year's jersey. That was the best one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts