What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Doc

Coach
You mean the Knights' jersey that the Jets wear?

lol this is fun.

2011 knights jersey
newcastle-knights-main.jpg

4695101.jpg

2011 knights heritage

3.jpg

2011 Jets Jersey

New-Castle-United-Jets-New-Strip.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
You mean the Knights' jersey that the Jets wear?

I don't see a problem with the two clubs synergising their brand. The clubs don't really compete with one another, the look is unique in both leagues and it gives Newcastle a unified sporting brand. Plus, anything that replaces baby shit yellow is a plus in my book.

Why? English and other nation's NRL players are eligible.

On the Colours of the All Stars, i reckon they should have stuck with the white and gold from the first year's jersey. That was the best one.

They are the NRL All-Stars, and they represent clubs from Aust + NZ. Hence the colour scheme.

Expansion

Juniors
Jets, I said A-League.

It's the same jersey.

I don't see a problem with the two clubs synergising their brand. The clubs don't really compete with one another, the look is unique in both leagues and it gives Newcastle a unified sporting brand. Plus, anything that replaces baby shit yellow is a plus in my book.

I agree on all points. I didn't say anything to the contrast.

lol this is fun.

2011 knights jersey

4695101.jpg

2011 Jets Jersey

New-Castle-United-Jets-New-Strip.jpg

2011? A year behind mate? Or maybe you are suggesting the Jets beat the Knights and had it first. Very similar to the 1997 Knights jersey;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yeah, sorry, Newcastle had the jersey first in 1997 :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So if you know how stupid your previous post was, why post all those pictures suggesting Jets lay claim to the design? :/

Saint Doc

Coach
It was tongue in cheek. Maybe I over estimate the intelligence of some posters in here to read and think at the same time. Every league fan aged older than 20 remembers the 1997 GF, let alone someone like myself who is a heavy contributor to this thread and it's carious incarnations.

It's common knowledge that the knights jersey this year was officially its "heritage" jersey.

I was clearly winding up 'expansionist' because of her whinging about soccer shirts in this thread.

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
The Raiders could do a lot worse that use a Black and Green jersey as their alternate, instead of that predominately white one they have. The Hawaiian Warriors (university of Hawaii) have some great jerseys.

The Raiders already have the busiest colour palette at 4 colours, don't need to add black (or a darker green) into the mix. The last black jersey was terrible.

2010_raid_away_jers_campo.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Not if it doesn't fit in with the club colours. For a new club it could work but I hope the Raiders never go in that direction again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts