What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
CANJER1351502608_1.jpg

CANJER1351679797_1.jpg

some11

Referee
Why have a premiership logo if they aren't going to use it?

Are Telstra still the naming rights sponsors?

Fire

First Grade
Although not strictly a jersey...

I like to lol@souffs as much as the next man, but in my opinion they've really nailed their "Media Polo" this year. Friends of mine have said it's a little too 'AFL' looking, and I can understand where they're coming from. However, if I was a Souths supporter I'd definitely fork out for this.

STHPOLO1351678088_1.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
I think the old logo looked better than the new ones on the jersey. I don't like the shape of the new one, looks very amateurish.

I liked the shape of the old logo, good to get rid of Telstra from the middle of it though.

466845745_e300a9f1d1.jpg

ShaneO85

Juniors
maybe only the actual on field jerseys will have the gladiator/premiership badge.

i don't mind that idea as it would make a match worn jersey that much more unique.

Either that or 2013 might be corporate and 2014 gladiators just cos they had finalised the design in time to manufacture for next season

GAZF

First Grade
Either that or 2013 might be corporate and 2014 gladiators just cos they had finalised the design in time to manufacture for next season

Good point, fits with the Warriors statement regarding the b/w logo.

applesauce

Bench
Looks like only the players jersey will get the premiership logo.

I wish the NRL shield was the shape fo the Ryder Cup logo:
images

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

As I understand, this will be the case. Like 2012, the logo announcement came too late in the manufacture/design process.

Diesel

Referee
Does anyone know if the corporate logo is being used on '13 jerseys instead of the gladiators or are the last few pages mock ups?

Except for the font it's growing on me.

GAZF

First Grade
I think the old logo looked better than the new ones on the jersey. I don't like the shape of the new one, looks very amateurish.

I liked the shape of the old logo, good to get rid of Telstra from the middle of it though.

466845745_e300a9f1d1.jpg

Telstra or not, thats a woefully convoluted logo. Not sure how you would consider the shape of the current logo amateurish compared to the uncomfortable nature of this year's logo, especially the painful placement of "NRL". The new logo has simplified form and less clutter. It has two weak points in the wordmark (not as bad minus the grey crap on the leaked design) and the white stars on gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts