What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LESStar58

Referee
Imo the v on the manly jersey is a bit naff for a team that has always had hoops in one way or another...

innsaneink

Referee
769302-chris-heighington-luke-lewis-beau-ryan-and-michael-gordon.jpg

beave

Coach
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-they-look-to-anniversary-20121103-28qrr.html

art-353-pen2-300x0.jpg

New face on the cards for Panthers as they look to anniversary

NEXT year could be the last time Penrith play under their present logo.

Panthers supremo Phil Gould has revealed the club is considering introducing a new motif for 2014 as part of a range of initiatives leading up to their 50th anniversary.

''We are looking at something for 2014. It's just an idea at the moment; there are a few concepts we're looking at,'' Gould said. ''We've got our 50-year anniversary in the next four years and we're planning a number of things leading up to that.

''We've got to do it by April next year if we want to do it for 2014, so I wouldn't imagine we'd have any concepts to show until February or March next year.''

Advertisement
Gould said the board would be presented with a selection of designs before deciding whether to make the switch. The present Panthers emblem was first registered as a trademark in March 2006 and will need to be renewed in 2016. That took the place of the previous logo, which featured a leaping panther framed by concentric circles.

It is understood Penrith officials are likely to view a range of alternative options and, if they are happy with the designs, will consider putting them to members to vote on.

Rival western Sydney sides have gone back to more traditional logos in recent seasons in the belief they better honour their heritage.

Earlier this year, Penrith officials put in a trademark application for the name Western Sydney Panthers, along with other options including Wests Panthers, Western Panthers and New West Panthers.

The Panthers were one of the first teams to begin their pre-season training regime when the players went back to work this week.

-----------------------------

2006?? I am positive they've been wearing that logo since about 2000?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Wouldn't mind seeing the Panthers use a modern take on their old logo from the 80's/90's, possibly in the same format as their logo on their training shirts

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Great news if it's a going back to the leaping panther in the circle.

And yeah Beave, I'm 99% sure they used the new logo when they won the GF.

beave

Coach
I lived out that way between 98-2004 and I swear that stupid logo they currently wear was used from around 2000 onwards. They just need to go back to the 90's version and tart it up a bit

Penrith_Panthers_Logo_1991.jpg

Penrith have really struggled with colours and an identity over the last 15 odd years. It's a shame because there is so much potential with what they could do.

beave

Coach
Not that I am advocating them copying lock and stock but Carolina in the NFL tweaked their 18 year old logo from this

346.gif

To this

Panthers_Logo_Football_054e0.jpg

So tweaking and modernising an old logo can be done if said original logo is decent enough in the first place. The slight tweaks here and there look great IMO.

That current Penrith one is okay for kids gear/merch but looks pretty shit for adults gear. I personally don't think it's salvageable but that 80's-90's could be.

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
I think the article meant that the most recent trademark was 2006.

Maybe they had a 5 year TM 2000-2005 and a 10 year TM 2006-2015

deanjrobinson

Juniors
The word mark is the worst part of the current Panthers logo, the panther head on its own isn't too bad, so maybe something like this for the Panthers? A mixture of old and new logos?

fortysevenrobots.com/nrl-jersey-concepts/images/penrith_panthers_logo_concept.png

fortysevenrobots.com/nrl-jersey-concepts/penrith-panthers.html

Prometheus

Juniors
That looks good, but I like the fact that they left the red, yellow and green behind to reconnect with the blue that was the area's colour before they had to find something else because they were entering at the same time as the Sharks.

GAZF

First Grade
The word mark is the worst part of the current Panthers logo, the panther head on its own isn't too bad, so maybe something like this for the Panthers? A mixture of old and new logos?

penrith_panthers_logo_concept.png

I tried something similar a while back but it looked too much like this:

cartoons%2B2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts