What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Sam

First Grade
The reason it's ridiculous is because the majority of other clubs are asked to provide a contrasting jersey as their away strip in order to be able to clearly differentiate teams. Instead, Souths get to use the same jersey with either black or white under their arms and different coloured shirts.
Since when did the Dogs' away jersey provide contrast? It's the same colours as the home strip. As for us, the home strip only clashes when we're away to Canberra so the white panel is more than sufficient for the other 15 teams. It provides adequate contrast.

That being said, I'd love a predominantly red alternate strip with a green band.

Yes but the black rabbit gets lost in the dark colours again. Wasn't the sash around for only 1 year?
Yes and it never made an appearance in an NRL game. Agree with you also on the new Star logo on the home. Way too big.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Since when did the Dogs' away jersey provide contrast? It's the same colours as the home strip. As for us, the home strip only clashes when we're away to Canberra so the white panel is more than sufficient for the other 15 teams. It provides adequate contrast.

That being said, I'd love a predominantly red alternate strip with a green band.

I actually like the Rabbitohs jerseys but it is flaunting the rules a bit. The argument you make could be made for a lot of teams, the Sharks, the Broncos, the Titans, the Sea Eagles, etc, etc.

Prometheus

Juniors
Since when did the Dogs' away jersey provide contrast? It's the same colours as the home strip.

The Dogs home jersey is mostly white with a bit of dark blue. Their away is mostly dark blue with a little bit of white. It is not colours that contrast, it is tones (lightness and darkness).

As for us, the home strip only clashes when we're away to Canberra so the white panel is more than sufficient for the other 15 teams. It provides adequate contrast.

Keep in mind that about 8% of the white male population have RG colour-blindness, which alters how sufferers see green and red. A player, official or spectator with RG colour-blindness can not tell the difference between green and red and some would not even be able to see that the Souths jerseys are striped. That opens up a whole new range of ways in which the Rabbitohs home and away jerseys are too similar. If they were playing the Dragons in Wollongong and the Dragons wanted to wear their red Steelers-inspired jersey, neither the Souths home or away strip would contrast enough with it because they would both look very similar to the Dragon's plain red jersey.

Souths home strip is completely dark. The away strip should be mostly light if it is to contrast. Which is what it is for after all.

hellteam

First Grade
Telstra or not, thats a woefully convoluted logo. Not sure how you would consider the shape of the current logo amateurish compared to the uncomfortable nature of this year's logo, especially the painful placement of "NRL". The new logo has simplified form and less clutter. It has two weak points in the wordmark (not as bad minus the grey crap on the leaked design) and the white stars on gold.

Hmm I kind of see what you're saying, but I don't know, something about the current logo just looks very amateur to me. The more I look at them the more I actually like the old nrl logo....

NRL.jpeg

deanjrobinson

Juniors
MASSIVE red box to put such a thin looking sponsor logo in.
It's more the fault of Steggles than the box though.

But at least its a red box on a predominantly red jersey, unlike the big black "The Star" box on the new Souths jersey or the big white "WOW" box on the Broncos jersey from several years ago.

Saint Doc

Coach
Love the roosters jersey. If the white stats as their official heritage, they'll be top 4 for their suite of jerseys for sure

Pierced Soul

First Grade
the red box on the roosters strip needs to be removed, then it would look pretty good.

where did the knights bra jersey go? dont they still have another year to use it ?

Prometheus

Juniors
It was listed as "alternate", but I wonder if the Roosters one could be their heritage jersey. It is the same design they used between WWI and WWII.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Interesting that Newcastle are back to having ISC on the front.

Happened midway through the season, at least the NIB disappearing. Ronald McDonald house left the shoulders and NIB moved there.

gzerounian

Juniors
Ohhh... Manly have a snazzy new away jersey... Complete with mini sponsor under the collar.

MANJER1351768045_1_th.jpg

Here was my mock up from 3rd September (on the 2012 Jersey Thread)..I was pretty close..although I do admit it was quite predictable. Its a shame there is now no resemblance of manly hoops but like everything else it will make a comeback one day. I do prefer a maroon collar and sponsor though.

manlyawayjersey1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts