What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godz Illa

Coach
The good news for Parra is that ugly jersey won't scare Israel Folau off. He'll wear a tank top and tight shorts if you pay him enough

some11

Referee
This under the collar sponsor stuff is bullshit, leave it for the jersey manufacturer for f**ks sake.

beagle

Juniors
Yikes... This is different!!!!

PARJER1351753930_1.jpg

Sigh...2 years of this.

After having another look at the Parra away jersey, I don't mind it. I know it's very different to what they've had in the past, but the sponsor works well and is integrated within the design. It's a solid design that hasn't got flashes or swooshes all over it.

GAZF

First Grade
Its reasonably well executed, save for the yellow on the shoulders, but it just doesn't say Eels to me. There's absolutely no reason to have a white jersey when yellow contrasts with blue.

mn_tibor

Juniors
Its reasonably well executed, save for the yellow on the shoulders, but it just doesn't say Eels to me. There's absolutely no reason to have a white jersey when yellow contrasts with blue.

Agreed, looks more like a Warrington jersey than the Eels.

Zigwaa

Bench
This under the collar sponsor stuff is bullshit, leave it for the jersey manufacturer for f**ks sake.

Yep, I'm with you there. It looks very tacky. Wasn't happy when souths and the knights started doing it last year, now the majority of teams are doing it.

Fire

First Grade
new Wigan jersey. Nice. Apparently Wigan are in a cycle of two traditional jerseys and an experimental one next year... This one is the second one, last years was cherry and white with narrow hoops.

Tomkins%202013%20Kit%20Web%20Image.jpg

This is how to do a "Blood and Bandages" jersey, Dragons could learn from this.

Manly need to get rid of the V and put a thick butcher stripe above and below their sponsor.

Also, not getting the hate for the Parramatta jersey, I really like it.

The new NRL logo looks good on the jerseys too and is growing on me.

ShaneO85

Juniors
I'm surprised i actually quite like the new parra jersey, it looks much better than i expected.

I, along with the vast majority, hate Manly with a passion but that away strip could look so much better if they just lowered the sponsor and ISC finished off the V properly.

deanjrobinson

Juniors
With regards to the Eels jersey using the corporate NRL logo rather than the premiership version, is it a possibility that only the actual on-field jerseys will have the premiership logo and everything else (training, replicas etc) will just use the corporate logo?

According to club email:

1. Dragons 2013 jersey to be officially released on Monday.
2. Always confirmed as sleeve sponsors for the next three years.

Big Sam

First Grade
Yep, I'm with you there. It looks very tacky. Wasn't happy when souths and the knights started doing it last year, now the majority of teams are doing it.

Ours though integrates well with the rest of the jersey and sponsor colour scheme. Unlike the green 'nib' on Newcastle.

Also is that 1st Parra one an away/alternate jersey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts