What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nezzo

Juniors
My Penrith Panthers mockup using deanrobinson's logo. Couldn't really be bothered editing the away to make it look perfect but you get the picture.

PanthersHome1.png

PanthersAway1-1.png

Flapper

First Grade
Maybe a triple chevron thing might work for us? Orange with 2 black and 1 white V home, Black with two white and one gold V away, white with two black and one gold V alternate? I'd design them myself if I knew how!

Diesel

Referee
NRL marketing should be as part of their duties to look at sites like this, find talent and employ people like GAZF to design jerseys

deanjrobinson

Juniors
Judging by the last half dozen pages it would seem that the only people who don't know what a decent West Tigers jersey would like like are the ones that get to decide what the West Tigers jersey looks like...

My interpretation, orange home, black away, white alternate.

fortysevenrobots.com/nrl-jersey-concepts/wests-tigers.html

Definitely nothing radical, and not massively different to Gazf's I guess, just a different 'V' configuration - I've grown attached to the shallower less traditional 'V' but totally understand its not everyone's thing.

As far as heritage jerseys go, I really don't think you can beat the black/orange and white/black striped jerseys that they've used for the past few years - actually wouldn't hate if they were the primary jersey's but the long time Balmain and Wests supporters may disagree.

GAZF

First Grade
fortysevenrobots.com/nrl-jersey-concepts/wests-tigers.html

Definitely nothing radical, and not massively different to Gazf's I guess, just a different 'V' configuration - I've grown attached to the shallower less traditional 'V' but totally understand its not everyone's thing.

Thats very close to what I'm working on now.

hellteam

First Grade
Some awesome jerseys being designed here.

One thing I think GAZF you should do is incorporate the real sponsors into the jersey. Also, the amount of sponsors (sleeve shorts etc).

I note that you include the name and one sponsor on each jersey, but let's not kid ourselves, it's not going to happen unfortunately. May as well draw the jerseys with the sponsors in mind because they seem to be as big a part of the jersey as the design these days...

deanjrobinson

Juniors
One thing I think GAZF you should do is incorporate the real sponsors into the jersey. Also, the amount of sponsors (sleeve shorts etc).

I note that you include the name and one sponsor on each jersey, but let's not kid ourselves, it's not going to happen unfortunately. May as well draw the jerseys with the sponsors in mind because they seem to be as big a part of the jersey as the design these days...

GAZF has touched on this before, its mainly a time thing - one issue is that tracking down a decent copy of some sponsor logos can be more trouble than its worth.

Personally, I see the main sponsor as the one that truly impacts on the design, which is why its the only one I include. For me, messing around with the minor sponsors just takes time I don't have for something that's just a bit off fun that I do after work/while I'm avoiding more important things.

GAZF

First Grade
Some awesome jerseys being designed here.

Sponsors are very time consuming (sourcing, tracing, etc...). Plus I'd like to see player names be adopted.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Awww a second year of Manly butthurt!

This will be entertaining :lol:

BunniesMan

Immortal
For the love of God, just use these, and never change from them again.

NRL-WST-1-300x205.gif

NRL-WST-2-300x205.gif

Again, all credit to Gazf.
well-done-o.gif

Now those are some beautiful jerseys. If Wests adopted those as their permanent long term jerseys and went to the proper West/Western Sydney name I'd almost become a fan.

Canard

Immortal
well-done-o.gif

Now those are some beautiful jerseys. If Wests adopted those as their permanent long term jerseys and went to the proper West/Western Sydney name I'd almost become a fan.

Which truely proves the old Seinfeld gag that's sports fans are really just graphic design fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.