What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it's getting bloody ridiculous how much they're cramming on to jerseys.

With the new TV deal assuring the financial future of the clubs I don't see why the NRL can't now bring in stricter standards.

Personally, I don't have a problem with companies wanting to put money into the game, even if it means more sponsors on the jerseys. They're not exactly high end fashion statements anyway, although they're priced that way... :crazy:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why is this chest mid sponsorship thing a big deal? Been in place for at least 4 or 5 teams this season...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
And the no logo on the right breast of the Eels is because the new Telstra Premiership logo will feature there.

Didgi

This is honestly ridiculous. The NRL can't let clubs sell even more spots up on their jerseys. Put in some f**king standards. This is cheap, tacky and getting beyond a joke.

If you use the $/square cm of advertising for AFL, NRL clubs should be making at least $15mill a year just in jersey sponsorship.

NRL:
2x Chest (Billboard and Club Logo Size)
2x Sleeves
2x Back

vs.

AFL:
1x Chest (the size of the club logo)
2x Back (typically integrated)

Let's not forget there's less room on a stick insect's jersey.

Understand and agree with your point though.

hellteam

First Grade
I really hope the Cowboys wear their home jersey tonight. They usually would wear their white away strip, but the Broncos wore their home jersey last week at NQ (which they never do), so looks like the rules have been relaxed a bit for the finals.

I can't see there being an issue at all with the Cowboys and Manly home jerseys, so I'm hopeful.

If the Cowboys must wear white, would be great to see the heritage.

GAZF

First Grade
Why is this chest mid sponsorship thing a big deal? Been in place for at least 4 or 5 teams this season...

And it was brought up at the end of last season as well. Sponsor logos are really breaking up design elements on jerseys. Look at how much those Eels stripes have been ruined by logos being plastered everywhere, if not for the Pirtek logo there would hardly be any gold on the jersey.

beave

Coach
I really hope the Cowboys wear their home jersey tonight. They usually would wear their white away strip, but the Broncos wore their home jersey last week at NQ (which they never do), so looks like the rules have been relaxed a bit for the finals.

I can't see there being an issue at all with the Cowboys and Manly home jerseys, so I'm hopeful.

If the Cowboys must wear white, would be great to see the heritage.

I will need a room if we run out in the heritage jersey............ me thinks it will be the white jersey tonight though, which is still pretty good none the less.

RedVee

First Grade
Unfortunately I think this will probably be right around the corner.

Just on that UNE sponsorship, I think that's good if they provide some sort of distance education for Parra players too. I know Saints have the best education relationship of all 16 clubs with UOW (can't be bothered finding the link sorry folks, but it was on our site earlier in the year).

I spoke to a lady at UNE (i am an alumni) and she said there was a linkage there. Also, UNE research found a majority of their distance students are from western Sydney and they were looking to set up an info office cum weekend class facility in/near Parra.

gzerounian

Juniors
One of the things that really bugs be is how wrong the bulldogs have got their jersey…they haven't seemed to have hit the spot since the "Hyundai" jersey from 95 (thanks to the nike curved v's of super league).
The most annoying part of this current jersey is how simple it would be to get it right!

Here is a before and after of what the bulldogs jersey should look like…..how such minor changes make the world of difference!

I am also a massive fan of the clubs with traditional 2 stripes on their shorts e.g. manly away, Australia and roosters…i think the Bulldogs, Dragons and NSW must go back to the simple 2 stripes

As i have not posted 20 times yet could someone please be kind enough to post the following pic:

oi47.tinypic.com/amqwxz.jpg

beave

Coach
Here, let me do it for you.

amqwxz.jpg

hellteam

First Grade
Looks much better, well done mate.
Not sure if anyone else saw/noticed, but billy Slater was interviewed yesterday at storm training, and he was wearing the heritage jersey.

Gave me slight hope they would wear it tonight, not holding my breath though

GAZF

First Grade
One of the things that really bugs be is how wrong the bulldogs have got their jersey?they haven't seemed to have hit the spot since the "Hyundai" jersey from 95 (thanks to the nike curved v's of super league).
The most annoying part of this current jersey is how simple it would be to get it right!

Here is a before and after of what the bulldogs jersey should look like?..how such minor changes make the world of difference!

I am also a massive fan of the clubs with traditional 2 stripes on their shorts e.g. manly away, Australia and roosters?i think the Bulldogs, Dragons and NSW must go back to the simple 2 stripes

As i have not posted 20 times yet could someone please be kind enough to post the following pic:

oi47.tinypic.com/amqwxz.jpg

Shorten the V and get rid of the piping too.

NRL-CBB-1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts