What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambretta

First Grade
GAZ - Once again you show the clubs how good their jersey designs could be.

i wonder what it would look like if the chevron was their yellow "sand" colour rather than the grey shade you chose.

GAZF

First Grade
Gazf needs to do the Reebok cronulla jersey, but updated with the newer sponsors. Id love to see that.

Will add it to the list of things to do.

Amazing.

Have you applied for a gig with any clubs?

Wouldn't be much for me to do there honestly.

No point joining a club...either a manufacturer or a sports brand management company...

I've done some work for a smaller manufacturer but for the most part the work I do doesn't get made. Its not the line of work that I'm interested in anyway, just a hobby in the end.

Good jersey design is hardly rocket science!
Pick 2 or 3 decent colours that go well together
Add in a chevron or two
Don't ruin it by slapping poorly incorporated sponsors logos
Easy really.

Nailed it.

It's actual old jerseys. It's a shop attached to a functional jersey manufacturing warehouse. It's in st peters or tempe on the princes hwy. right near enmore/newtown

Would love to check that out, never in the area though.

GAZ - Once again you show the clubs how good their jersey designs could be.

i wonder what it would look like if the chevron was their yellow "sand" colour rather than the grey shade you chose.

NRL-GCT-52.gif

I think the gold is too bright to work with the bright blue, plus it kind of looks like Parra, plus the other two Qld teams use similar shades of gold currently.

GAZF

First Grade
Threw the design onto a template I am working on.

EDIT: Added a yellow gold version.

Untitled-1.png
Untitled-2.png

Last edited:

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Change the sand to the current yellow and that is one classy jersey.

edit:perfect!!

GAZF go and send it to the Titans CEO. He answers questions on the Titans forum regularly.

Last edited:

docbrown

Coach
Just mucking around with these Titans colours -

af3df2aca62d.jpg

I think that shading distinguishes it enough from the Eels & Sharks without the need for a dark blue or grading.

00043837-leadimage.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
Just mucking around with these Titans colours -

af3df2aca62d.jpg

I think that shading distinguishes it enough from the Eels & Sharks without the need for a dark blue or grading.

00043837-leadimage.jpg

Blue is too bright IMO. Their current light blue is light enough, just not as dominant as it should be in the current sets.

Too bad iSelect would insist on ruining it with an orange billboard around it :roll:

That may have been due to the short timeframe to get jerseys made after the sponsorship was arranged. They could do orange on the away jersey.

Untitled-3.png

Also, I'd have light blue shorts and white socks on the away.

LineBall

Juniors
As per usual GAZ - your designs are superb.

I wonder how much clubs could get with just a front of jersey sponsor, rather than a front of jersey, back of jersey, shorts, sleeves sponsors.

You think the premium they could charge, knowing that they will be the only company advertised on the jersey would attract more dollars and would be more attractive to a company, as opposed to sharing your 'advertising space' with other companies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
not really, companies are interested in how many people will see their logo from their buyers demographic, they don't really care who else is on the billboard.

I would like to see some lines in the sand though, between jerseys, pitch markings, stadium hoardings, tv ads, ingame ads like betting and other TV programme promotion etc it is massive overkill and a bombardment of ads that is just getting ridiculous. I wonder how many adverts your actually exposed to watching a game of RL on TV these days?

LineBall

Juniors
not really, companies are interested in how many people will see their logo from their buyers demographic, they don't really care who else is on the billboard.

I would like to see some lines in the sand though, between jerseys, pitch markings, stadium hoardings, tv ads, ingame ads like betting and other TV programme promotion etc it is massive overkill and a bombardment of ads that is just getting ridiculous. I wonder how many adverts your actually exposed to watching a game of RL on TV these days?

Really? You think Coke wouldn't mind Pepsi being on the same jersey?

I'm sure a somebody will notice a jersey sponsor more when it is there on its own, rather than one of 4 different sponsors plastered all over the player.

Status
Not open for further replies.