What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Lambretta

First Grade
Penrith's membership numbers will be through the roof this season, on the back of finishing strongly last season to finish wodden spoon runner up. The membership prices have been jacked up, we lost Gordon, released Lewis and Jennings all of whom were crowd favourites. Lots to look forward to for Penrith fans.

That'll bring the crowds back.......

Hey Shire Panther - your wife / girlfriend / mother in law isn't from Liverpool (UK) is she and recently returned to Oz from the UK?

I only ask because I was on a flight with an English girl on Tuesday and she was using a Panthers blanket. I asked where she came from and she said Woollongong but her mother lives in the Shire.

There can't be too many Panther fans living in that part of the World surely?

Lambretta

First Grade
Penrith's membership numbers will be through the roof this season, on the back of finishing strongly last season to finish wooden spoon runner up. The membership prices have been jacked up, we lost Gordon, released Lewis and Jennings all of whom were crowd favourites. Lots to look forward to for Penrith fans.

That'll bring the crowds back.......

Category 3 season tickets are $150 for the year or $400 for a family ticket. If that's two adults and two kids - that's fairly good value and you'll get seats to most games (albeit on first in best dressed basis)

I'd be taking the $150 tickets if I were a Panthers fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would have thought with the decent team sharks have assembled and the exciting signing of Lewis there would have been more interest in the shire this year?

RWB

Bench
Does anyone else feel like there hasn't been as much as a push from the NRL as there has been in recent years?

Maybe it'll become more noticeable towards the start of the year when they introduce battle of the beaches, west, etc, etc. Are we doing that again?

Card Shark

Immortal
I would have thought with the decent team sharks have assembled and the exciting signing of Lewis there would have been more interest in the shire this year?

After many years of poor performance on & off the field, the shire folk have weaned themselves off the Sharks, Red. It's gunna take more than a couple of good years to bring them back.

The tide is turning though....on the field. Off the field, it turned 3 years ago!

dimitri

First Grade
Does anyone else feel like there hasn't been as much as a push from the NRL as there has been in recent years?

Maybe it'll become more noticeable towards the start of the year when they introduce battle of the beaches, west, etc, etc. Are we doing that again?

yep, seemed to have pushed their own events (all stars, origin etc)

maybe after all stars there will be a push

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Couldn't care if he is (which he's not). Timmah is one of the most knowledgable guys in the forum and easily the most generous in his time and efforts. Stop projecting your homosexuality on others. Open the closet door, walk down that rainbow and give some quality head. But it won't be Timmah's
:lol: Classic

Quality stuff from parraparraparra though.

Spot On

Coach
Harbaby + Timmah???? Love in the air????

Those membership numbers are deplorable against the AFL though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm surprised that clubs/NRL don't push the "Buy a membership for a Christmas present" idea. starting early November. In SL probably 80% of teh home crowd would be season ticket holders. Given the savings you can make by having a membership i fail to understand why more peope don't buy them?

I am very surprised at the lack of initiatives from the NRL this year, I was hoping for a big push with all the contra and $'s the game now has for marketing. Maybe they are still in the process of employing someone in the marketing Dept who has a clue?

Spot On

Coach
Why bother trying to measure up against the afl its pointless,so long as clubs can build each year and attract more members than the previous season

Yes, totally agree with you. However, the NRL club memberships are woeful against any standard. A club like Brisbane should have 30000+ members. There are over 2 million people in Brisbane and 1 league team. St George and Souths have a massive following being highly successful clubs in the past and should have similar numbers.

Latest posts