What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Canard

Immortal
Its still a relatively new thing to League culture though, its going to take a while for the culture to bed in.

AFL have been promoting/pushing it for nigh on 20 years now, go back to 1985 and there figures were relatively low also.

Also the "race" is not yet over, lets not judge the numbers until the season starts in March.

Spot On

Coach
Definitely Canard. I don't know what else or what "new" idea could be implemented to really push those numbers through the roof. Admittedly it's a tough slog to get all the Sydney based club membership numbers beyond the 20000+ when there are so many of them in the one city.

Canard

Immortal
There are more AFL teams playing out of Melbourne on a regular basis than NRL teams in Sydney however.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Is there going to be the Battle of the Beaches and/or the Battle of the Bogans and/or whatever this year?

_Johnsy

Referee
Any team that gets an increase should be congratulated.

As a code we need to continue to build our membership numbers.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Those membership battles normally happen in February. We'll see I guess.

Panfas

Juniors
Why dont NRL clubs offer an ongoing membership, that is one that automatically renews on a certain date. Why should we have to complete paperwork (or an online form) just to get the same membership. Get with the times NRL clubs

rnb11

Juniors
The Knights started that this year. All 2012 members were automatically renewed late last year unless you told them not to renew beforehand or you didn't have the first payment installment in your bank account.

Danish

Referee
Why dont NRL clubs offer an ongoing membership, that is one that automatically renews on a certain date. Why should we have to complete paperwork (or an online form) just to get the same membership. Get with the times NRL clubs

Roosters have started offering automatic renewal as well as the option to pay your membership monthly via direct debit (at no additional cost) instead of annually.

Going to lead to really good retention rates you'd think since anyone with the automated roll over and direct debit will have to take action to cancel their membership as opposed to taking action to renew

Panfas

Juniors
Roosters have started offering automatic renewal as well as the option to pay your membership monthly via direct debit (at no additional cost) instead of annually.

Going to lead to really good retention rates you'd think since anyone with the automated roll over and direct debit will have to take action to cancel their membership as opposed to taking action to renew
Great work. This is exactly what needs to be done. Auto renewal with fortnightly/monthly payments. ~$10 a fortnight for a full year membership is great value

Stagger Lee

Bench
St George Illawarra Dragons 14,727

with the launch of the Charity shield promotion this week maybe peoples thoughts will begin to turn to league and memberships?

Dragon2010

First Grade
I won't be buying a membership this year. Not because I'm a tight-ass but because I've got more important things that take priority. Car, surgery and saving up for a JetSki.

cleary89

Coach
Sure sounds like it. Im living on the other side of the world and still renewed. But i guess its because i didnt jump on for 2010

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths do this. I haven't had to fill in a form since I did it for my first ever membership 4 years ago.

It automatically renews and debits my credit card. Obviously there is an opt out option and I think if every club had this it would help membership numbers by not losing people that forget or are lazy.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Sharks have had this option for 3 years. Good idea as it makes the higher priced packages affordable.

beave

Coach
Cowbs do monthly instalments, been around for a few years from memory, i paid in a lump sum this year though. Because I'm heaps rich and all.........