What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Lambretta

First Grade
Does anyone else feel like there hasn't been as much as a push from the NRL as there has been in recent years?

Maybe it'll become more noticeable towards the start of the year when they introduce battle of the beaches, west, etc, etc. Are we doing that again?

Funnily enough - I remember saying last year that things had seemed really quiet with the NRL barely being in the media and not being advertised at all.

I remember comparing that with the aggressive marketing of the AFL that saturated the Sydney market.

This year the NRL hasn't been advertising much but they have been in the press one hell of a lot. I haven't seen hide nor hair of the other code.

The battles are usually in February, so they should be on

Last edited:

bellyache

Bench
souths do this. I haven't had to fill in a form since i did it for my first ever membership 4 years ago.

It automatically renews and debits my credit card. Obviously there is an opt out option and i think if every club had this it would help membership numbers by not losing people that forget or are lazy.
yes!

Panfas

Juniors
Ok, so from the sounds of it quite a few clubs have auto-renewal, this is fantastic. Penrith better get their act together and set this up, and extend the installments to greater than 5 months.

I am starting to get concerned that we may not reach our 14k from last season, 6 weeks out from rd 1, and we are struggling to get passed 10k. Unless we average 2k per 3 weeks, which doesn't seem to be the case. To think, we actually had a great season last year, overachieving and making the GF, which not many predicted us to do so at the start of the year. Disappointing.

Dakink

Bench
If my surgery was about $2,000 instead of $10,000 I'd probably buy it. I've had it previous years, sometimes sacrifices have to be made though. This is one of them.

Totally understand, but at $9/mth for a country membership at the Dragons, its hardly budget busting.

Worth it to support the club.

Pretty much only do it for the sticker and lanyard lol. Hat is crap.

Wasnt even able to use my tickets last year ;-)

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I am starting to get concerned that we may not reach our 14k from last season, 6 weeks out from rd 1, and we are struggling to get passed 10k. Unless we average 2k per 3 weeks, which doesn't seem to be the case. To think, we actually had a great season last year, overachieving and making the GF, which not many predicted us to do so at the start of the year. Disappointing.

It says on the website they are 17% up on last year, but i have said from the get go their memberhsip uptake is slower than i thought it would be.

http://www.bulldogs.com.au/home

cleary89

Coach
If my surgery was about $2,000 instead of $10,000 I'd probably buy it. I've had it previous years, sometimes sacrifices have to be made though. This is one of them.

Hopefully the new tits are worth it. At least you can show them off on the jet ski.

Lambretta

First Grade
Hopefully the new tits are worth it. At least you can show them off on the jet ski.

Surely it's cheaper to eat loads of Maccas and grow some "Jamal's" or alternatively get a partner that likes "pancakes" and buy a season ticket and a car to get to the games.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
A number of clubs seem to have run out of momentum this season. Doggies, tigers especially. God knows how poorly Penrith, gold coast, manly and warriors are doing since they haven't bothered to release any figures yet