What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths at 19,561. Looking at last years thread we're about 2000 up on this time in 2012.

Is there some unique financial crash relating to certain clubs fans? Seems Dragons, sth's etc fans aren't being affected by any financial situation.
In terms of employment the economy is no worse than it was last year. And in terms of the interest rate and certain other cost of living measures we're better off now than we were a year ago.

It's not like the economy has gone off a cliff like it did in 2008.

And the NRL still recorded membership growth for the vast majority of clubs in 2009 compared to 2008.

The "economy" is an excuse for some clubs poorer performances, and some clubs don't need an excuse.

Souths at 19,561. Looking at last years thread we're about 2000 up on this time in 2012.

In terms of employment the economy is no worse than it was last year. And in terms of the interest rate and certain other cost of living measures we're better off now than we were a year ago.

It's not like the economy has gone off a cliff like it did in 2008.

And the NRL still recorded membership growth for the vast majority of clubs in 2009 compared to 2008.

The "economy" is an excuse for some clubs poorer performances, and some clubs don't need an excuse.

I was replying to this rubbish generalisation, then thought...what's the point? Answer: none!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not surprised Tigers are struggling. 12 games cost $245 for GA. Wouldn't think it would cost much more to pay on the gate?

Clubs never seem to advertise how much you are saving by getting a membership compared to paying at the gate, one of the key selling points I would have thought?

Lambretta

First Grade
Not surprised Tigers are struggling. 12 games cost $245 for GA. Wouldn't think it would cost much more to pay on the gate?

Clubs never seem to advertise how much you are saving by getting a membership compared to paying at the gate, one of the key selling points I would have thought?

That's $20 per game
A ticket is about that much anyway for most stadiums for general admission. Maybe $30 at a pinch.

They should have the 12 game package at around $180 to make it $15 per game.

Lambretta

First Grade
Is there some unique financial crash relating to certain clubs fans? Seems Dragons, sth's etc fans aren't being affected by any financial situation.

I think that the Tigers numbers are indicative of what their supporters think of their performance last season and the fact they haven't exactly set the World on fire with recruitment.

I think the same is true of the Panthers.

Souths fans are uber excited and with good reason. Dragons fans are caught in a time warp and think it's 2010.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I was replying to this rubbish generalisation, then thought...what's the point? Answer: none!
Do you disagree with something I said? I don't see how any of it is wrong. The economy is little worse than 12 months ago and in some aspects it is better. And even if someone could argue that the economy is worse that still isn't a legit excuse because if memberships could grow from 2008 to 2009 when the economy ran right into a wall then the economy cannot be an excuse in 2013.

I know it's been around for a while but are Tigers fans beginning to tire of the club's four stadium policy? Obviously prices coupled with form uncertainty this year, doesn't help.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I know it's been around for a while but are Tigers fans beginning to tire of the club's four stadium policy? Obviously prices coupled with form uncertainty this year, doesn't help.

Good point. I wouldn't be joining a club which required me to take the Burke and Wills approach to watching games. f**k that.

Canard

Immortal

Its $29 for the cheapest seats at the Storm.

Which frankly is stupid in that sort of market, the Storm get heaps of "walk up" fans (especially when they schedule the game to start after the other code). They would have an extra 3000 fans per game if they had a $20 ticket.

juro

Bench
The thing with Wests' membership packages is that there is very little flexibility. You either choose 1, 2 or 3 home grounds. For other clubs, if you choose say a 4 game membership, you choose exactly which 4 games you go to.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I think that the Tigers numbers are indicative of what their supporters think of their performance last season and the fact they haven't exactly set the World on fire with recruitment.

I think the same is true of the Panthers.

Souths fans are uber excited and with good reason. Dragons fans are caught in a time warp and think it's 2010.

I think it's more a case of a loyal supporter base confident of a better season than the woeful 2012 the side served up.

Ace-STi

Juniors
That's $20 per game
A ticket is about that much anyway for most stadiums for general admission. Maybe $30 at a pinch.

They should have the 12 game package at around $180 to make it $15 per game.

This!

Man Roosters fans have a sweet deal $99 for GA to all games @ 8.25 a game

Can't beat that!

Lucky Roy

Juniors
It must be getting pretty close to that time of year when Souths getting accused of faking their membership numbers, you know, Russell Crowe buying thousands of them, people buying them for their pet rocks etc etc. The 4-5 million already in the bank is obviously a mirage and why don't those twenty thousand odd turn up to every single game. Six million in sponsorship for 2013 (so far) is just more Russell Crowe contra and George would have done heaps better. LOL@souffs. You all know the drill, so fire away...

Canard

Immortal
It must be getting pretty close to that time of year when Souths getting accused of faking their membership numbers, you know, Russell Crowe buying thousands of them, people buying them for their pet rocks etc etc. The 4-5 million already in the bank is obviously a mirage and why don't those twenty thousand odd turn up to every single game. Six million in sponsorship for 2013 (so far) is just more Russell Crowe contra and George would have done heaps better. LOL@souffs. You all know the drill, so fire away...

Yeh I reckon your right they are rigging it, Saints figures are genuine though.

Latest posts