What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

Flapper

First Grade
There was a table as of last Friday in today's paper.

From memory the Bulldogs, Rabbitohs and two other clubs had surpassed 2012 totals. There were a couple lagging behind.

My inner Timmah is telling me to tell you those figures have already been posted in this thread. Twice. :lol: :p

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not in their proper form :p

ladder04032012.jpg

http://www.nrl.com/sydney-clubs-break-membership-records/tabid/10874/newsid/70945/default.aspx

Expectation for the upcoming season has never been higher, especially throughout Sydney, with no less than five clubs already exceeding their 2012 membership figures before a ball has even been kicked.

Last year’s Grand Finalists, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, have joined the likes of South Sydney, the Sydney Roosters, Parramatta Eels and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in beating their respective 2012 figures, with fellow Sydney clubs, the Penrith Panthers and Wests Tigers only a few hundred memberships away from joining them.

The cumulative total for 2013 memberships now sits at over 185,000, well up for the same time last year, and showing the code is on track to smash the 200,000 mark over the first month of the season.

With the season now only days away, it is still not too late to become a member of your club! All clubs have packages ranging from a full season to only a handful of games, in a range of price types and categories.

LJC

Juniors
With the set draw,fans will look at the dreaded Monday night and perhaps Sunday night game allocations.

The set draw is good but the continued Monday night coupled with a Sunday night game is a real turn off for fans!

I suppose the first Thursday night game is OK, but the extra 3 Thursday nite games is another deterrent for fans!

Not user friendly at all! Especially for young families!

This will impact negatively on a club's ability to attract a member!

H.H

Juniors
With the set draw,fans will look at the dreaded Monday night and perhaps Sunday night game allocations.

The set draw is good but the continued Monday night coupled with a Sunday night game is a real turn off for fans!

I suppose the first Thursday night game is OK, but the extra 3 Thursday nite games is another deterrent for fans!

My brother in law (knights fan) has not gotten a family membership this year for this very reason.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Not in their proper form :p

ladder04032012.jpg

http://www.nrl.com/sydney-clubs-break-membership-records/tabid/10874/newsid/70945/default.aspx

Expectation for the upcoming season has never been higher, especially throughout Sydney, with no less than five clubs already exceeding their 2012 membership figures before a ball has even been kicked.

Last year?s Grand Finalists, the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, have joined the likes of South Sydney, the Sydney Roosters, Parramatta Eels and Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks in beating their respective 2012 figures, with fellow Sydney clubs, the Penrith Panthers and Wests Tigers only a few hundred memberships away from joining them.

The cumulative total for 2013 memberships now sits at over 185,000, well up for the same time last year, and showing the code is on track to smash the 200,000 mark over the first month of the season.

With the season now only days away, it is still not too late to become a member of your club! All clubs have packages ranging from a full season to only a handful of games, in a range of price types and categories.
HAHAHA! Thought you farked around with the souffs logo for shits n giggles. Had a look on the NRL site, and low and behold, lol@souffs with love from the NRL

dogslife

Coach
Realistically, the promise of listening to Raaaaay, the King of dictating terms and old gravel throat every week should be driving Broncos fans in droves to the games on Friday nights, why not become members in the process?

dimitri

First Grade

It shouldnt

If you can't get to games, get a non ticketed membership

Peter_phelps

Juniors
Cowboys and my team are the most disappointing, :( Cowboys and Storm have a whole major city to themselves, are tipped by most punters to both make the top 4, and can't beat their figures from last year, especially us after just winning a GF?

beave

Coach
Townsville has just shy of 200k people, I wouldn't class it as a major city but each to their own.......

Peter_phelps

Juniors
Townsville has just shy of 200k people, I wouldn't class it as a major city but each to their own.......

you would assume though, Cowboys would have a heap of support though in those areas that are just outside of Townsville. It adds up.

beave

Coach
Oh yeah, plenty of support but the membership mentality is pretty new up here (as it is with a lot of teams) the out of town people would probably either rather use that money towards foxtel so they can watch the game at home and avoid travelling here and all associated costs that go with a trip. There is a reason why we are generally one of the better rated teams on pay tv each year and thats probably due to the regional areas of nq watching their games.

Clarke

Juniors
Broncos need to get their hands in their pockets and make a couple of big name signings. For the biggest club in the comp their transfer market forays have been very low key.

That's pretty much been part & parcel of the club since exception. They are the most successful NRL club since the 90's as well, hard to argue with their on field results.

What Brisbane need is more of a focus on membership campaigns. They seem to be doing little in this regard. A TV ad & a few posters doesn't cut it.

their 2012 tally was up until June 30th

if they start well .... they'll pick up several thousand more members in the next month to 6 weeks
meaning a 20 to 25% increase on 2012.

and Roosters officials are confident they'll average over 18,000 this year
so
SBW has paid for himself through increased gate & membership monies alone.[
/QUOTE]

If that happens. They are projections of course. If it doesn't happen then.....

Are you basing this on research and past results?

How about we wait and see how the crowds react to Thursday night games before anyone burst something they don't want to over it.

Cowboys and my team are the most disappointing, :( Cowboys and Storm have a whole major city to themselves, are tipped by most punters to both make the top 4, and can't beat their figures from last year, especially us after just winning a GF?

Shit dude. Talk a out going off early, especially in terms of the Cowboys. Only a few hundred away from surpassing last years total.

Also, how is Townsville a "major city"?

Oh yeah, plenty of support but the membership mentality is pretty new up here (as it is with a lot of teams) the out of town people would probably either rather use that money towards foxtel so they can watch the game at home and avoid travelling here and all associated costs that go with a trip. There is a reason why we are generally one of the better rated teams on pay tv each year and thats probably due to the regional areas of nq watching their games.

I thought it was because you're always on it.

Noname36

First Grade
I'm sure this has been asked before, but how many of those 22,000 odd Souths memberships are actually ticketed memberships?

Raiderdave

First Grade

oh wot rot

you have 12 opportunities to see your club at home with about 10 of them locked in to set dates, months in advance & across all 4 days Fri to Mon
( exception the broncos)

if people can't find 3 home games out of that lot to buy a non ticketed membership to , then they aren't trying hard enough.
In fact they aren't trying at all.

Raiderdave

First Grade
If that happens. They are projections of course. If it doesn't happen then.....

whats he on ..... 600K ?

according to the tele a few days ago
the 40K plus crowd for Thursday .. double last years game against the Rabbits , plus extra hosptality suites taken (60 out of 65 are booked for thursday)
will net the Chooks an extra 1 million alone for Thursday night.

no projections
hes paid for himself before hes taken the field.

What Brisbane need is more of a focus on membership campaigns. They seem to be doing little in this regard. A TV ad & a few posters doesn't cut it.

You're not the first person to say this, but I will ask again: what exactly aren't the Broncos doing re: membership? To call their approach a few ads and posters is misleading.

Their billboard/poster presence around town (the bits I go to, which are down Old Cleveland Road, around Carindale and Mt Gravatt and in the CBD) is extensive. Their print advertising in the C-M is consistent. Their social media presence (especially Twitter) is continuous and engaging, not static -- and they also had the interactive video last year. They also do radio/tv ads. At the games, membership is pushed all year.

Most importantly, they have a range of membership structures, and the multi-game (1-3 games) evolve throughout the year. For example, from memory, last year there was the one game membership for the Cowboys opener, the Farewell Petro memberships towards the end of the season etc. And again, these are heavily promoted in the media.

Is everyone upset that their pre-Round 1 figure isn't year where it was at the end of last season? Well, that is hardly surprisingly. The Broncos membership push won't end on Friday.

As I said in another thread, not a lot of love for the Broncos in these parts. But to say that they don't take memberships seriously isn't really accurate.

And as I also said elsewhere, if nothing else, I love the fact they stick it up the Lions by having a ludicrous amount of posters on telegraph poles outside the Gabba.

Latest posts