What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

rnb11

Juniors
Yeah the Knights are averaging around 1000 members a day, 20% of the target within just 4 days. Looking good. I think they'll once again be the club with the most ticketed members, by far.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Just don't understand why some clubs take so long to start selling. Surely you can decide on different options and prices before the end of October.

RWB

Bench
Wow. Under 2 weeks since it was launched and we've already reached 30% of our target. Well done

Also I found the NRL's prediction of 14% membership growth per year for the next 5 seasons to be interesting because the jump from 22k members in 2012 to a target of 25k in 2013 is pretty much 14%. Based on 14% p.a. growth for the next 5 seasons, we will have 42,000 members in 2017.

That entire lower bowl of ANZ will be filled which will justify Crowe's decision to play out of ANZ rather than Allianz.

If those 42,000 were all ticketed....

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wow. Under 2 weeks since it was launched and we've already reached 30% of our target. Well done

Also I found the NRL's prediction of 14% membership growth per year for the next 5 seasons to be interesting because the jump from 22k members in 2012 to a target of 25k in 2013 is pretty much 14%. Based on 14% p.a. growth for the next 5 seasons, we will have 42,000 members in 2017.

That entire lower bowl of ANZ will be filled which will justify Crowe's decision to play out of ANZ rather than Allianz.

How many of those members include the likes of Oprah, Tom cruise and players dead relatives?

Big Sam

First Grade
You guys criticise the NRL for lacking ambition but when a club comes up with a long-term strategy to have a +40,000 membership base within the next 6 years, you bag it. What a bunch of hypocrites.

RWB

Bench
:lol::lol::lol: An Easts supporter criticising our membership programme? Pot. Kettle. Black.

Wasn't a criticism, just an observation.

I'd love nothing more than to see ANZ start to attract massive attendances, it's got all the facilities & transport required to do so but lets remain realistic. 42,000 members doesn't guarantee 42,000 supporters turning up to the game every week and filling the lower inner bowl.

Has nothing to do with which club I support and I don't see how my post can be interpreted as criticism?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol::lol::lol: An Easts supporter criticising our membership programme? Pot. Kettle. Black.

From 22,000 total members, 18,000 were ticketed members in 2012. Average home crowd was 18,800.

Bulldogs had 14,500 total members from memory, about 13k ticketed.

Our average home crowd was about 21,000 if I recall correctly.

yobbo84

Coach
Bulldogs had 14,500 total members from memory, about 13k ticketed.

Our average home crowd was about 21,000 if I recall correctly.

All that shows is how poor a job your club did in selling memberships (at $99, no less) in 2012.

With the crowds you get and the season you just had, anything short of 25k members is a joke IMO.

dimitri

First Grade
All that shows is how poor a job your club did in selling memberships (at $99, no less) in 2012.

With the crowds you get and the season you just had, anything short of 25k members is a joke IMO.

dont agree with that

99 was only for the seats behind the posts

easts and some other clubs have done a similar thing

dogs had 4,000 memberships in 2008 - in a few years they are now looking to break 20k

Even if they got an ave crowd of 21k, when you take out all the corporates, anz tickets, away fans etc - it leaves you with much less

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

What a load of tripe.

A club that is attracting THOUSANDS MORE than their membership base to matches is surely doing better than one that only attracts its membership base to matches.

That's not even allowing for away fans either. Pissweak effort.

Billythekid

First Grade

They might be expecting 14% growth in total but that doesn't mean that every club will experience the same level of growth. There is also no guarantee that we will see that sort of growth.

I hope souths can have membership numbers like that soon but i'm not getting my hopes up.

innsaneink

Referee
Pins? You need something that tells other spectators how long you've been a member like our Gold +10 seasons membership. You can't see what a pin says unless you're right up close.

FTR our categories are Bronze (2-4 seasons), Silver (5-9), Gold (10-14), Platinum (15-24), Cardinal & Myrtle (25-39), and Churchill (+40 consecutive seasons). Since they reset everything after 2002, no-one is a Platinum member and the club hasn't said what you get when you reach that level.

Why do you need anything?
Thats very shallow

Get a weet bix box, texta....on the back write "Ive been a member for xxx years...arent I good?"

RWB

Bench

I don't think it shows that at all, there's way too many factors and variables to take such a simplistic view without backing it up with facts.

The dogs had an incredible run of form, there's always going to be a strong bandwagon when that happens.

Perth Red

Post Whore

From 22,000 total members, 18,000 were ticketed members in 2012. Average home crowd was 18,800.

I went to the much hyped Dogs v Sth's 1st game, 18k Sths members, 14k Dogs members and less than 19k turned up for the game (and I was boosting the crowd!). Your crowd avg is boosted by away fans remember so your actual avg number of members at games would be significantly less.