What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

If Souths maintain form and be finals bound this year and next, I wouldn't be surprised if they were to reach 30k. Cowboys should increase throughout the season providing they maintain winning form, beating the Storm can help. :D

Cows only 431 off from matching last year total should be easily recouped and surpassed eventually if the Cows meet expectations.

Last edited:

Clarke

Juniors
Updated for the latest figures from the tele.

22 Feb - 176,634
1 March - 185,093
8 March ? 192,929

NRL_zpsa43948f7.jpg

can't read the image without straining the eyes - and I only got my eyes check last week (100% perfect).

How about we wait until the membership cut off before we make final judgements. To put it into a bit of perspective the Storm are actually 30% up on membership numbers at this time as opposed to the same time last year.

Fair enough, I'll take your word.

The totals would obviously include 3/6/9 game memberships that get sold later on in the season so I gather you guys must sell a few of those.

Von

Juniors
And that dope Rebecca Wilson in saturday's Telegraph,noted"The sydney Roosters have the lowest membership in the NRL with only 5,000 signed up to the club."

Does that excuse for a journo have any idea about doing a bit of up to date research ,instead of geneflucting as usual towards the Swans and their members.11,200 plus members in actual fact, suggest she must do her journalistic work in the local bar.

I read that piece.
I almost choked on my Corn Flakes when I read it.
In fact, I had to read it 3 times to make sure I understood what she was saying. She couldn't have been further from the truth. Helps when you're married to a News Ltd exec...you can say anything and be assured of keeping your job.

And the typical band wagon jumper she is, after condemning League, and praising the Swans....she goes on to admit she's now on the Wanderers bandwagon!!

A disgusting piece of "journalism"!

tumbidragon

First Grade
I read that piece.
I almost choked on my Corn Flakes when I read it.
In fact, I had to read it 3 times to make sure I understood what she was saying. She couldn't have been further from the truth. Helps when you're married to a News Ltd exec...you can say anything and be assured of keeping your job.

And the typical band wagon jumper she is, after condemning League, and praising the Swans....she goes on to admit she's now on the Wanderers bandwagon!!

A disgusting piece of "journalism"!

But,but,but she's "A league tragic since her early days in Brisbane, she's now a fearless columnist."... Sorry, just threw up in my mouth a little after quoting that.

Lambretta

First Grade
Has anyone written to Rebecca Wilson to have a piece of her after that article about the Roosters memberships?

She more than halved our member numbers and wrote a piece about us not being able to put bums on seats for the Souths game when there were more Roosters supporters at the game than Souths fans.

Lambretta

First Grade
I decided to write to her - email address wilsonr@sundaytelegraph.com.au

Dear Ms Wilson

I read your article in the newspapers this weekend regarding membership numbers for the Sydney Roosters
You quoted the club as having 5,000 members – which is more than inaccurate – it is a downright fabrication.

The Sydney Roosters have in excess of 11,000 members for the 2013 season

On top of this the Sydney Roosters also have a strong supporter base amongst SCG Trust members, of which there were a few thousand at the game against Souths last Thursday

I was attending the game at Allianz and unlike last season where Souths fans outnumbered us at our own ground, we outnumbered Souths supporters and by some margin.
I haven’t seen that many Roosters fans proudly wearing our colours since Brad Fittler was our captain.

Of the 35,000 people at the stadium, my estimate was that 20,000 of them were supporting the Sydney Roosters.

Hardly the efforts of a team with no supporters that can’t put bums on seats. I expect a public apology will be forthcoming.

Kind regards

some11

Referee
Good on you mate, but journos like manbearpig get away with spouting bullshit every day - it's their job.

H.H

Juniors
Well done Lamb.

I will write too.

There will no doubt be a retraction next Sunday.
Yeah they have already said they will write a retraction - Ted Hillier from our marketing team got into them about it.

Apparently we're over 11,500...anyone got a recent update?

taipan

Referee
Has anyone written to Rebecca Wilson to have a piece of her after that article about the Roosters memberships?

She more than halved our member numbers and wrote a piece about us not being able to put bums on seats for the Souths game when there were more Roosters supporters at the game than Souths fans.

I sent her an e-mail ,immediately after my initial post about here blatant error.Sounds like the D.T. has been inundated with complaints.
BTW she stated there would be tens of thousands of fans at the Swan's fan day.3,500 turned up.Tens of thousands ROFL.

Last edited:

Fiddy

Juniors
Lol as if there was more roosters over souths fans on thursday night?

I was there it felt like 60-40% in favour of souths.. unless there are figures to back that up in which case soz

Valheru

Coach
Lol as if there was more roosters over souths fans on thursday night?

I was there it felt like 60-40% in favour of souths.. unless there are figures to back that up in which case soz

You are only the 2nd person to make this claim. The other was Bunniesman, think about that.

RWB

Bench
Yeh the Souths turnout was actually pretty average for a round 1 game, they had really good support in the corner with about 3 or 4 bays but the rest of the crowd was definitely dominated by Roosters supporters with some Souths fans scattered around.

I would have said we had the majority quite comfortably. Surprised some people saw it the other way.