What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Memberships

that bunnies article in the DT says that the NRL membership total is up by 18% at this time last year. should be a good increase if it continues this way.

So if all things remain equal we're looking at ~240k members for this year.

To reach the goal of 400,000 by end of 2017 as outlined in the strategic plan we'll need an average growth of somewhere between 15-16% from next year until then.... difficult, but not entirely out of the question.

Billythekid

First Grade
So if all things remain equal we're looking at ~240k members for this year.

To reach the goal of 400,000 by end of 2017 as outlined in the strategic plan we'll need an average growth of somewhere between 15-16% from next year until then.... difficult, but not entirely out of the question.

It all depends on what new initiatives the clubs and the ARLC bring in from next year. There is more money than ever coming into the game from the massive tv rights and increasing memberships. Hopefully that leads to the game really pushing forward its ad campaigns to try and get more members. More initiatives like the battles would be a start.

Lucky Roy

Juniors
It all depends on what new initiatives the clubs and the ARLC bring in from next year. There is more money than ever coming into the game from the massive tv rights and increasing memberships. Hopefully that leads to the game really pushing forward its ad campaigns to try and get more members. More initiatives like the battles would be a start.

The real money will come in when the NBN gets up and running as it is designed. That will eventually take Foxtel out of the equation, along with their exhorbitant costs. IP TV will allow direct streaming (40Mb would be nice) and one can buy direct from the web-site. And get the full suite of user controls - different camera angles, split screens etc etc. If anyone is in any doubt, check the MLB, NFL, NHL or NBA sites for options on how to purchase games. They already do it big time.

For example, if one is an NBA fan (thankfully, I'm not), we can get a grand total of three games a week via Foxtel and absolutely no choice of games. Same with other sports. Via IP TV, you can click on any game (plus get the above goodies) and buy it for a few bucks.

When the NRL adopts this, the money will start pouring in. But one party is dedicated to stopping the NBN and thereby propping up Foxtel. Hint: It's the same party that is going to remove, among other things, all existing school allowances. That's around $800 dollars per high school student and about $400 for each primary school tyke. Starts to add up, doesn't it?

Make no mistake, all this hatred is going to come at a cost. A big cost. Especially for those stupid enough to believe removing the carbon tax is is going to drastically reduce electricity prices. I just hope it doesn't affect my NBN, because its coming down my street in a couple of months.

MightySharks

Bench
The real money will come in when the NBN gets up and running as it is designed. That will eventually take Foxtel out of the equation, along with their exhorbitant costs. IP TV will allow direct streaming (40Mb would be nice) and one can buy direct from the web-site. And get the full suite of user controls - different camera angles, split screens etc etc. If anyone is in any doubt, check the MLB, NFL, NHL or NBA sites for options on how to purchase games. They already do it big time.

For example, if one is an NBA fan (thankfully, I'm not), we can get a grand total of three games a week via Foxtel and absolutely no choice of games. Same with other sports. Via IP TV, you can click on any game (plus get the above goodies) and buy it for a few bucks.

When the NRL adopts this, the money will start pouring in. But one party is dedicated to stopping the NBN and thereby propping up Foxtel. Hint: It's the same party that is going to remove, among other things, all existing school allowances. That's around $800 dollars per high school student and about $400 for each primary school tyke. Starts to add up, doesn't it?

Make no mistake, all this hatred is going to come at a cost. A big cost. Especially for those stupid enough to believe removing the carbon tax is is going to drastically reduce electricity prices. I just hope it doesn't affect my NBN, because its coming down my street in a couple of months.

Yes mate you are right the current NBN plan and the carbon tax are great policies what would we do with out them.

You better get used to Tony Abbott.

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Yes mate you are right the current NBN plan and the carbon tax are great policies what would we do with out them.

You better get used to Tony Abbott.

That's fine. You can get used to him as well. How deep is your wallet? But I'll be able to do it without Foxtel. Hope you enjoy the last mile provided by shared copper (which, by the way will be using a yet to be commercially proven technology - VDSL - and will be more expensive to run than fibre) as distinct from the discreet fibre that will be coming into my house come June or July.

Unless you live in the Riverstone, Ryde, Mosman, Blacktown, City East, Homebush, Kensington, Mascot, Lidcombe or Rockdale exchange areas (at least in Sydney) then its highly unlikely that this will be an option for you. You might be able to get the good stuff around the time Cronulla win their first. In other words, a long, long time.

Vote 1. Rupert Murdoch. Let's make rich Americans richer and Australians dumber.

Von

Juniors
Please Roy,

this is a RL forum.
People like me come on here to talk league, and try and forget about our incompetent Federal Government....at least for a while.

Chooks now @ 9640

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Please Roy,

this is a RL forum.
People like me come on here to talk league, and try and forget about our incompetent Federal Government....at least for a while.

Chooks now @ 9640

Von,
You're probably right but you need to have a look at yourself. You were doing fine until you got to the comma. Pot? Kettle?

tumbidragon

First Grade
Dragons doing very well considering 2013 is looming as a bad year for them.
More than likely mate. But what better way to support your club than becoming a member. Rein hail or shine, win or lose. We'll sign up and support our lads. Albeit with a little criticism along the way of coarse ;-)

Lucky Roy

Juniors
Not really.

:roll:
Oh good. I see. It's OK as when you, or someone of your persuasion, makes a comment but not when someone who disgrees with you does? Anyway, I'll leave it that that. Have as many last words as you like...

Danish

Referee
"This is a mistake people make, they think success builds membership. Well, we have proven that to be wrong," Richardson said.

I'm sorry but that is a f**king classic line :lol: