What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Swarzey

Bench
They also have the finances to be able to support such a package, something I don't believe any club to do without leaving a fair hole.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah it was the Sunday 4pm game that was down most from memory
I hate even watching my own team as the delayed game on a Sunday afternoon or Friday night. With how easy it is to get score updates through other means, people will know the result well and truly before the game is over. Personally if im not at the game and it's not on live, i have to get live updates at the least.

If the games were live, ratings wouldn't be an issue. But 9 prefer to pump games full of ads then deliver the games live. As a result the ratings suck.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
They also have the finances to be able to support such a package, something I don't believe any club to do without leaving a fair hole.

Its a self fulfilling prophecy....

the better your offer... the more members u get... when you get like 30k+ you can sell the sponsorship of the membership program (like souths have )to a big corporate for $150k +.. make $$ .. offset your costs...

rinse and repeat

In terms of the merch,,, polo shirts from china cost like $10 landed in AUS, hats $5

u dont need to charge $80 for a polo shirt...

Perth Red

Post Whore

Surely it wouldn't be that hard to convince a sponsor to cover the costs, 70,000 people walking around promoting your company is pretty good exposure! You can order those three things from china for about $25 in bulk, get a sponsor on board to cover that cost and the $50 is still all profit! TBH most clubs are still on a steep learning curve on memberships and what to offer fans, what fans actually want and how to market it. It will take a few more years but hopefully 20k will be the low target in years to come for all clubs.

dimitri

First Grade
Surely it wouldn't be that hard to convince a sponsor to cover the costs, 70,000 people walking around promoting your company is pretty good exposure! You can order those three things from china for about $25 in bulk, get a sponsor on board to cover that cost and the $50 is still all profit! TBH most clubs are still on a steep learning curve on memberships and what to offer fans, what fans actually want and how to market it. It will take a few more years but hopefully 20k will be the low target in years to come for all clubs.

Heard through the grapevine that one nrl club sponsor is very close to possibly covering the cost of a persons membership if they spend x dollars with them. Will be cool if it comes off

Saint Doc

Coach
Heard through the grapevine that one nrl club sponsor is very close to possibly covering the cost of a persons membership if they spend x dollars with them. Will be cool if it comes off

All you have to do is buy 8 Meriton apartments and a Wests Tigers GA membership is yours, 100% free!!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

This is exactly right!!

The different between giving the club 50bucks for a warm fuzzy feeling as a shit motive compared to actual merchandise.

I bet a lot of fans would be happy to pay an extra $20 or $30 on top of a $50 merch package (scarf, tshirt, hat, ect.), but it just feels like you getting scammed with the current 'give us your bank details and you get to be part of out club'.

papabear

Juniors
dunno, didn't ask, although she spoke about a membership pack so I may pick up another sticker, lanyard and keyring aswell.

8 games at anz including the opener against st George on a sunday afternoon!

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
dunno, didn't ask, although she spoke about a membership pack so I may pick up another sticker, lanyard and keyring aswell.

8 games at anz including the opener against st George on a sunday afternoon!

So the Tigers are playing 8 games there - so 2 each Campbeltown & Leichardt? Bit sad if you ask me.