What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

georgesnmith

Juniors
souths could easily have 60k members by the end of the decade

unlikely as it maybe if they do win the premiership they should be able to add 10k members in a year off that

and if as rumoured james packer buys out holmes a court the club will only get stronger

and all this without the backing of a Leagues Club.

if they continue in this vein regular 60k crowds could be the norm for when souths play clubs like the dogs, dragons or eels, especially with reciprocal rights for members

Valheru

Coach
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/crowds/2013.html

What a load of rubbish. A typical biased bullshit attack on souths without any grounding in reality. We averaged over 22k last year. 3k more than the next best Sydney team. It was the 3rd greatest average in the history of Sydney rugby league clubs.

We all know that was because of away fans increasing those numbers ;-)

The fact is this alleged membership base never turns up to the games.

Obviously pets and deceased people arent allowed in so it makes it tough.

Canard

Immortal
The minute they said he was leaving the club turned it around. JT was never happy when Henry tried to pigenhole him on one side of the field.

Coaches available : Henry, Tim Sheens, Jason Taylor, ian millward, tony smith who would be the best choice?

So based on his plan being scrapped and proven to not work, you absolve him of being a bad coach? I love that logic.

Ian Millward :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I prey you guys get this twerp.

Good deal for Cowboys fans with a $49 membership deal inc game entry.
http://www.cowboys.com.au/membership...mber-star.html

At some of these prices I don't understand why fans are not flocking to become members?

It will take a few years for the other code culture of "If your not a member your not a true fan" to be adopted, it them almost 20 years to get to the point

georgesnmith

Juniors
So based on his plan being scrapped and proven to not work, you absolve him of being a bad coach? I love that logic.

Ian Millward :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I prey you guys get this twerp.

It will take a few years for the other code culture of "If your not a member your not a true fan" to be adopted, it them almost 20 years to get to the point

best of luck with paul green

winning the Nines was a fantastic achievement for the club

ill be very happy with henry if we get him

BunniesMan

Immortal

Every single Sydney team benefits from away crowds. We all get them. Our crowds were still a lot bigger than anyone elses. And that was without round 1, easter or any arvo games at ANZ.

Would have been 25k if we got more arvo games and easter.

Lambretta

First Grade

We have pets memberships - they're not counted by either club

Souths have a strong non attendance membership figure
That's alot of people around the Country that know they're not going to get to games but still want to support their club somehow

Why do we constantly criticise?

Is BM is right and Souths averaged 22k last season with the number of night games they had (and Souths did complain about the lack of day games where they get far larger crowds) then that's an effort worth applauding

I was proud of the Roosters averaging almost 20k last year. It doesn't make me want to pour shit on the efforts other clubs have made to improve themselves. Lets applaud instead.

Canard

Immortal
best of luck with paul green

winning the Nines was a fantastic achievement for the club

ill be very happy with henry if we get him

Listen mate, it's clear youve got your heart set on the guy.

But logic suggests if Neil "Career Assistant Coach" Henry gets another head coaching gig its the Titans. And it could be as early as this season.

Frederick

Staff member
Knights have had a bit of a surge today, up to 14716. Should easily get to 15 by the first home game next weekend

Heritage XIII

Juniors
We have pets memberships - they're not counted by either club

Souths have a strong non attendance membership figure
That's alot of people around the Country that know they're not going to get to games but still want to support their club somehow

Why do we constantly criticise?

Is BM is right and Souths averaged 22k last season with the number of night games they had (and Souths did complain about the lack of day games where they get far larger crowds) then that's an effort worth applauding

I was proud of the Roosters averaging almost 20k last year. It doesn't make me want to pour shit on the efforts other clubs have made to improve themselves. Lets applaud instead.

Too right. I meet so many Rabbitoh members on the road and the club has done well to connect with them. In the past few months I have come across 2 Roosters fans in my part of the world (one works in a local bottle shop) and I have shamed them into getting membership for their club going on about loyalty etc. But otherwise, they had no clue about memberships esp interstate ones. I like to see supporters of any club become a member, even if they are from a club we view as the 'enemy' and even if they don't live in Sydney.

BunniesMan

Immortal
There is very little awareness about membership. Those of us who post on league forums aren't the mainstream. Most casual fans have little idea about all the options available to them. I know a lot of them who think you have to go every week to get any value out of it.

Membership still hasn't been explained to a lot of the nonhardcore.

mxlegend99

Referee
Came in here to post the same thing two other Panthers fans have already posted. My facebook feed had a post from Panthers to join 9,521 other members and I thought that they had stuffed up, or were talking about a different membership. So I checked out the membership site and that's what the counter is at. They jumped well over a thousand members in no time.

This will certainly help us:

Panthers overhaul game day experience

Two giant television screens, ordering beverages on your phone, walk-through merchandise stands, and even a new goal-kicking routine from Jamie Soward... it seems Penrith's playing roster wasn't the only department to undergo an extreme makeover in the off-season.
Even the iconic Panther scoreboard didn't survive the overhaul, taken down earlier this week to make way for a second screen – the way most of us take in our sport these days – making Sportingbet Stadium just the second arena in NSW with two high-definition screens.
"The Panther [scoreboard] hasn't gone by the way," Panthers Group's head of marketing Anthony Frantzis reminded NRL.com.
"We will one day resurrect the Panther and it'll be used on the other fields in the developing precinct at the back of the Leagues club, or even on a wall commemorating its time with the Panthers.
"It's just been positioned in a storage facility for it to be reborn again another day."
Recently Panthers senior management went on a fact-finding mission to the United States and UK, visiting powerhouse franchises New York Giants (MLB), LA Dodgers (MLB), the Dallas Cowboys (NFL) and the LA Clippers (NBA) and learnt the Panthers were as far behind US sporting clubs in game day experience as they were in geographical kilometres.
"The experience of going to the football, in our opinion, was underwhelming. Previously there was scant imagery around the stadium underpinning that this is our home ground. Visually, the stadium lacked presence. That was the first and foremost thing," he said.
"Short of tearing it down and building from scratch, we felt that there were a few things we wanted to do to make the stadium more emotive and more significant to all our fans and the first step in that process was to rebrand the whole stadium.
"We launched our new logo last year and after some initial concerns by supporters , everyone seems to be very happy now. In fact, quite amazingly, we're receiving more correspondence complimenting the new logo and how it resonates beautifully with everything we've done and continue to do since the change."
What will also 'resonate beautifully', Frantzis says, will be the VIP treatment for patrons who pre-order their drinks on an air service app.
"We trialled it for the first time two weeks ago in the trial against Newtown and we're trialling it again this week for beverages only," he said.
"But if all goes to plan, in next couple of weeks they'll be ordering food on their phones, paying for it on their phones and taking a 'selfie' of themselves prior to collection so the staff will know who it is.
"It will all be paid for, it will all be prepared and they can walk down to collect it, and walk straight back to their seats without waiting in line.
"A dedicated area called Kidz Korner [will be] an entirely revamped amusement area inside Sportingbet Stadium, including jumping castle, super slide, cup and saucer, bungee trampolines, pass the ball, face painting, balloons plus loads of fairy floss, all free."
It's all with the aim of improving traditionally poor crowd figures (their average of 10,337 was 15th in the NRL last year) and membership numbers (their 4837 members ranked 12th in 2013).
Perhaps the most surprising change however, on and off the field, is a rumoured new goal-kicking routine from new recruit Jamie Soward that – in tune with Frantzis's visual theme – might be a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
But that's a new innovation the newest Panther is trying to keep under wraps.
"I don't know, you'll have to wait and see," was all Soward could offer. "[Peter Wallace] has been kicking pretty well so he might be kicking this week."
If Soward's new technique is anything like the last one, you'd pay to go and see something like that.

http://www.nrl.com/panthers-overhaul-game-day-experience/tabid/10874/newsid/76642/default.aspx

BunniesMan

Immortal
So Sowie will try and look less constipated during his kicks. Good for him.

In all seriousness good on the Panthers for making the effort to improve things.

georgesnmith

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-break-nrl-membership-record/tabid/10874/newsid/76640/default.aspx

The Rabbitohs have officially recorded the highest club membership in the history of the game, chalking up 27,543 members.

After one week of the 2014 NRL Club Membership Race, the Broncos are off to a flying start, signing 3,461 new members since the start of the competition.

More than 13,500 new NRL Club Members have been signed since the race kicked off with the Rabbitohs currently sitting in second with 1711 new members, with the Roosters third with 1381 new members.

There is a prize pool of $400,000 on the table for clubs in the Membership Race with $200,000 across each competition, consisting of $100,000 in cash and $100,000 in advertising grants.

In the first race, prize money will be offered to the three clubs with the greatest increase in their total membership number by Tuesday 20 May.

Race two will reward the top three clubs with the greatest percentage increase in their total membership number, during the same period.

Latest posts