What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

beave

Coach
That ordering and paying for drinks/food via an app from your seat and taking a selfie is a great idea, can image some of the pics the vendors would get though from drunken fans during the game......... I dont know why the app doesnt just send the user a receipt number on the screen and you just take that up to the provider instead of sending a pic of yourself, but whateva.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think before long we'll have it at every stadium in the country. But I do agree some sort of receipt system would work better than photos. Imagine what some drunk creeps would do with it...

mxlegend99

Referee
That ordering and paying for drinks/food via an app from your seat and taking a selfie is a great idea, can image some of the pics the vendors would get though from drunken fans during the game......... I dont know why the app doesnt just send the user a receipt number on the screen and you just take that up to the provider instead of sending a pic of yourself, but whateva.
Said the exact same thing to my missus when I read that. Considering how quickly our minds went there... there's no way that it won't happen and happen often. :lol:

Eddie Lab

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/rabbitohs-break-nrl-membership-record/tabid/10874/newsid/76640/default.aspx

The Rabbitohs have officially recorded the highest club membership in the history of the game, chalking up 27,543 members.

After one week of the 2014 NRL Club Membership Race, the Broncos are off to a flying start, signing 3,461 new members since the start of the competition.

More than 13,500 new NRL Club Members have been signed since the race kicked off with the Rabbitohs currently sitting in second with 1711 new members, with the Roosters third with 1381 new members.

There is a prize pool of $400,000 on the table for clubs in the Membership Race with $200,000 across each competition, consisting of $100,000 in cash and $100,000 in advertising grants.

In the first race, prize money will be offered to the three clubs with the greatest increase in their total membership number by Tuesday 20 May.

Race two will reward the top three clubs with the greatest percentage increase in their total membership number, during the same period.

bronco's website just updated the membership to 22,276

My total is 193,813 which excludes updates from Raiders, Sea Eagles, Sharks, Titans, Warriors and Tigers. this is roughly the same as the article suggests. which means little growth from these teams.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yeh, clubs were definitely harvesting members; just waiting for this comp to start before they officially begin to process the numbers.

A bit underhanded, but at least we can forget the doom and gloom predictions from people saying membership will shrink from last year...

Blues Riff

Bench
The Panthers video must have helped. Good to get it on the Footy Show.
The video is great. Well produced and inspiring. You actually stop and watch it and think ........YEAH.

RWB

Bench
Yeh, clubs were definitely harvesting members; just waiting for this comp to start before they officially begin to process the numbers.

A bit underhanded, but at least we can forget the doom and gloom predictions from people saying membership will shrink from last year...

Or we're seeing a spike in memberships like we do every year heading into Round 1 & 2 as clubs start to play their first home games.

But nah you're probably right, it's a conspiracy :crazy:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Only the extremely naive would think that some smart clubs don't sit on a few memberships until this competition kicks off.

Yes a spike is expected around this time but not to the degree some clubs have announced.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Panthers 9750. Should hit 10,000 by kick off today!

A decent start to the season could see 12000-13000 by July.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Panthers 9750. Should hit 10,000 by kick off today!

A decent start to the season could see 12000-13000 by July.

Great effort by Penrith. Shows what some smart minds making good decisions does. What they are doing to the gameday experience should be a boon for your club.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
They have spent a lot in promoting their membership this season. Even advertising on trains on the Western Line.

pHyR3

Juniors
Or we're seeing a spike in memberships like we do every year heading into Round 1 & 2 as clubs start to play their first home games.

But nah you're probably right, it's a conspiracy :crazy:

Last year the tigers got around 3000 members in the week or two before kickoff. This year we BARELY got 1000. We were tracking alright until about XMAS just like every single other club. But for some strange reason EVERY club has slowed down quite a bit and we're barely matching last years numbers (despite ~15% increase at xmas).

Add in this response from the Tiger's CEO:

"Nothing But WT ‏@NothingButWT Mar 6
@princeofchios @gcmayer @Wests_Tigers even though we have a small amount of members this year, would be less with the way the club was run"

"Grant Mayer ‏@gcmayer Mar 6
@NothingButWT @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers news on that as well. Things are not as they seem."

@gcmayer @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers membership wise?"

@NothingButWT @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers trying to compare apples with apples. We are busier this year than last. Curious"

seems like clubs could not be counting a particular type of membership, or hiding some under the rug as 'payment details are processed.' I'd be stoked if this was the case, i made a post about memberships slowing down a few pages back and joked that clubs might suddenly explode with numbers haha

mightn't be so far from the truth due to this membership race!

Flapper

First Grade
Last year the tigers got around 3000 members in the week or two before kickoff. This year we BARELY got 1000. We were tracking alright until about XMAS just like every single other club. But for some strange reason EVERY club has slowed down quite a bit and we're barely matching last years numbers (despite ~15% increase at xmas).

Add in this response from the Tiger's CEO:

@princeofchios @gcmayer @Wests_Tigers even though we have a small amount of members this year, would be less with the way the club was run"

@NothingButWT @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers news on that as well. Things are not as they seem."

@gcmayer @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers membership wise?"

@NothingButWT @princeofchios @Wests_Tigers trying to compare apples with apples. We are busier this year than last. Curious"

seems like clubs could not be counting a particular type of membership, or hiding some under the rug as 'payment details are processed.' I'd be stoked if this was the case, i made a post about memberships slowing down a few pages back and joked that clubs might suddenly explode with numbers haha

mightn't be so far from the truth due to this membership race!

No it's because there's not enough white in every single piece of merch and Magpies fans are abandoning the club for that sole reason. MOAR WHITE GRANT FFS :lol:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Clearly clubs have been holding back processing waiting for this membership prize race to start, panthers just suddenly broke their target!

georgesnmith

Juniors
gus is a dead set genius

from when he first got the job and the whole oak fridge with the security guards

Penrith is a massive RL area and it deserves a club that was much better run

now if parramatta can get the same the code will be flying

edit : and theres a story that warren wilson turned around the leagues club so much they just made a profit of $12 million

Caged Panther

First Grade
For all their bluster about the changes to the game day experience was there anything really dramatically different about it. IMO no.

If you are going to hype something make sure it's worth being hyped.

Latest posts