What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Panther_Daz

Staff member
I'm hearing another 500 or so were signed up at the ground yesterday.

Should be 11,000 before Round 3 against the Bulldogs.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Im interested to see how this weekends results will effect membership uptake...

I can see the biggest boosts coming from the Panthers, Eels and (despite the lose) even the Tigers. They have all shown that they can compete and I for one am starting to believe in the changes they've brought about.

There didnt seem to be a lot of excitement leading into this round, but i can see fans really picking up over the next few weeks.

slm9

Juniors
Tweeted by Mario Fenech.
image_zps1c6d4cc5.jpg

gus is a dead set genius

from when he first got the job and the whole oak fridge with the security guards

Penrith is a massive RL area and it deserves a club that was much better run

now if parramatta can get the same the code will be flying

edit : and theres a story that warren wilson turned around the leagues club so much they just made a profit of $12 million

And on an unrelated note, Chrissy Snadow has been unhappy at the Eels, not because he isn't playing first grade, but because the pokies aren't paying out.

Expect a similar increase to Wenty League's bottom line this year.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
some of those numbers are old but it's good to get an update on the quite clubs. Titans beat last years total before they kick off this season. so congrats on that.

also only 7k to beat 2012's end of year total. should get that by the end of this week.

RWB

Bench
Broncos numbers in a different font because even the NRL realise how stupid it is to sell tickets to your Round 2 game and call them a membership.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Broncos numbers in a different font because even the NRL realise how stupid it is to sell tickets to your Round 2 game and call them a membership.

why?

clubs have non ticketed memberships and are counted so why not a 1 game membership

by getting member's personal details they can offer them other deals and maybe sign them up next year for a longer membership

and great boost in numbers above.

should be close to 200k given penrith are now over 10k and other clubs wouldve gotten a good boost from the weekend's results

beave

Coach
I bought 20 derby memberships, the merkins have my details now and guess what my reply will be if anyone from that piece of shit club dare ring me?

If she sounds hot, i might refrain but you know what I mean......... :p

RWB

Bench
why?

clubs have non ticketed memberships and are counted so why not a 1 game membership

by getting member's personal details they can offer them other deals and maybe sign them up next year for a longer membership

and great boost in numbers above.

should be close to 200k given penrith are now over 10k and other clubs wouldve gotten a good boost from the weekend's results

Data like that is already collected through ticket sales & other means. Likelihood is the majority of ticket purchases will be people whose data is already in the system or neutrals & Cowboys fans who money and time will be wasted on.

There's far more effective methods of getting your consumer's and customers data than claiming everyone who buys a ticket is a member. And in a competition like the NRL is running it's just straight up dishonesty.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Quite extraordinary that David Smith has put so much importance on Memberships and crowd attendance yet both seem to have gone backwards.

Yeah well what do we expect when the Broadcasters dictate the draw, terrible scheduling and the exorbitant price of going to games!

If they wanted to start with a bang the first thing they should have done is found the most popular games for each team attendance and ratings wise, for example we should have had games like Broncos vs Cowboys in Bris, Dragons vs Raiders in Can (or Sharks vs Dragons), Manly vs Melb in Mel, Dogs v Eels, etc this weekend.

The Second thing they should have done is figured out which games historically have the highest attendance and ratings in each time slot at this time of year and used those facts and others to structure the first round, not just assumed that Rabbits v Roosters for example is the best game to kick the season off because that's tradition.

Thirdly they need to take weather conditions in to account, for example who is the genius that thinks playing games in NQ at this time of year is a good idea.

And lastly though it has been said to death, they need to make it cheaper and easier for families to go to the games, that means lowering ticket prices, finding ways to lower the price of food and parking at the games (I understand that this normally is not 100% within their control) and lobbing governments to build rectangular stadiums in areas that are easy for fans to get to and to develop better public transport options to games.

Of course some of this stuff can be expensive and wont happen over night, but it's not rocket science and some this is just amateur mistakes.

Card Shark

Immortal
How about the NRL operations manager Nathan McGurk interviewed on fox. He was quizzed about the poor crowds & was it disappointing ? He refused to say that word, despite being asked at least 3 times, instead saying crowds were "a bit below what they anticipated".

Why couldn't he say, "yes it was a bit disappointing". Head in the sand answer!

Latest posts