What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Ah Beave, you're a straight talker, gotta love it. But saying that, I think the Broncs are just learning the tactics of other codes to inflate their numbers. I think there will be a hell of a lot more than 1-2000 sign up for this membership.

insert.pause

First Grade
Ah shiiiiiiiit!

I just bought 20 of the f**king things today to ensure i got seats in the lower bowl for me and my mates......... I didnt even think about the consequences of now being an official broncos 'member' even if it is only for one game...... Sigh.

What a load of utter horseshit though, put out a 'membership' for your biggest game of the year that is populated by a massive amount of opposition supporters and if you buy tickets through this bullshit early members deal (which i did to ensure a seat)all of a sudden you artificially pump up their dodgy numbers. Smart by the broncos but pretty f**king dodgy if you ask me.

I feel so dirty at the moment. Like Carl Webb at the potato skins bucket at the Sizzler buffet dirty.

What part of it is dodgy? What did you expect, you say yourself that you knew it was an early member deal.

The Broncos will now use all your information to target advertise for future memberships. Its all about trying to convert the casual fan into a season member. Non-ticketed membership costs about $30, so its pretty good value, at least it is for Broncos fans.

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Something I think the chills battle against is having a few thousand stadium members who are fans and regular attendees but don't have club memberships

beave

Coach
What part of it is dodgy? What did you expect, you say yourself that you knew it was an early member deal.

The Broncos will now use all your information to target advertise for future memberships. Its all about trying to convert the casual fan into a season member. Non-ticketed membership costs about $30, so its pretty good value, at least it is for Broncos fans.

The part that is 'dodgy' is they know full well this game gets about 15k of away fans turning up (possibly more). When you allow a member 'sign up' for this one game only, the smarter NQ fans will jump on board and get these early bird tickets. Now this is our choice (though I hadnt thought about it at the time that i would be contributing towards their overall membership for the year, i guess i got excited and just thought i would get in early to ensure i could get 20tickets to the game) but the broncos are using the fact NQ has a lot of fans down here willing to do this (im sure im not the only one).

I guess what i am trying to get at is its probably not a true representation of the real broncos membership base? Anyways, if they try to ring me spruiking off about broncos membership i will let them know exactly who i go for and politely decline :p

insert.pause

First Grade
The part that is 'dodgy' is they know full well this game gets about 15k of away fans turning up (possibly more). When you allow a member 'sign up' for this one game only, the smarter NQ fans will jump on board and get these early bird tickets. Now this is our choice (though I hadnt thought about it at the time that i would be contributing towards their overall membership for the year, i guess i got excited and just thought i would get in early to ensure i could get 20tickets to the game) but the broncos are using the fact NQ has a lot of fans down here willing to do this (im sure im not the only one).

I guess what i am trying to get at is its probably not a true representation of the real broncos membership base? Anyways, if they try to ring me spruiking off about broncos membership i will let them know exactly who i go for and politely decline :p

Their target is broncos supporters first and foremost, I don't think they plan these things around the off chance that cowboys supporters will sign up for a broncos membership. I'm sure it has more to do with it being the first home game of the season when the club has a greater chance of converting these members to full season or at the very least get them coming back to at least one game throughout the season. Having the added incentive of it being a blockbuster game of course doesn't hurt.

cleary89

Coach
Yeh, last year Collingwood sold their polo for normal price but with it you got a 1 game membership (included in the standard polo price). Got a heap more ticketed members.

But seriously, who cares. They now have guys who won't sign up for a membership on their books who they can target to turn into a 3 game membership or more. It's smart business and the only people who care will be those who want to be able to say "you suck, we have more members than you".

souths1908

Juniors
Rabbits and Roosters might have a bit of a jump this week after solid wins tonight.

The Cowboys have posted impressive numbers so far, which will only improve after a win in the 9's

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The bunnies are still far ahead of the rest in memberships. They may not all be ticketed but the fans have embraced the culture, they need to share with the rest of the clubs how they have done this.

Tigers, titans and raiders have barely moved since Christmas

maple_69

Bench
10000 is the goal. A good start to the season could see them stretch to 11/12 but 10 will still be fantastic, especially with what looks like a bright couple of years to fontinue to build on that. I'd say they should be at 20k by 2017.

Billythekid

First Grade
The great thing is Penrith haven't really had any success to jumpstart their membership drive with. Last season was another poor one and yet they have still managed to turn things around off the field.

stevenwbird

Juniors
The great thing is Penrith haven't really had any success to jumpstart their membership drive with. Last season was another poor one and yet they have still managed to turn things around off the field.

I don't know what it is but theres a real vibe and sense of excitement for this year at the Panthers. Maybe its the recruitment drive or the changes to the club. For me it was the membership affordability and the recruitment drive that made me sign up.

georgesnmith

Juniors
back in 2003 when they had preston campbell i remember they had a number of sell outs there, or crowds over 18k

there are the fans there so im not surprised its turning around so fast

hopefully with the membership push they stay on board long term rather than just showing up when the team is playing excellent football

Latest posts