What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Draw

Broncos v Manly a few days after Origin 1. Nice work dick heads

Warriors v Canberra at a 60,000 seating Eden Park... Hmmm nice work

Warriors v Dragons round 2 & 7

I believe the Broncs have approached Toovs, asking that he forfeit the game because its just too unfair on the boys from Brisbane.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Idiot schedulers have put back to back blockbusters on at Suncorp twice.

Cowboys round two.
Roosters round three.

Warriors round nineteen.
Storm round twenty.

Idiotic.

Rosetta

Juniors
There's still some really stupid things going on, look at the Easter round, every match is in NSW or ACT - a public holiday weekend with no Queensland teams at home and Melbourne interstate, it's just silly to do this.

Kiwi

First Grade
as a broncos fan i'm a bit disappointed, only 10 Friday games in the first 10 rounds, and clearly 4 games not free to air in the first 20 rounds is just not on, shouldn't be any

dogslife

Coach
This was always going to happen, why are people surprised. Nein don't give a shit about the fans.

gronkathon

First Grade
I am happy with the amount of 9 Sunday afternoon football games. Hope it will drive crowds up because it is such a terrible viewing on TV with the adverts.

Can't complain about the WT draw overall

Kiwi

First Grade
This was always going to happen, why are people surprised. Nein don't give a shit about the fans.

Wait until the Broncos hit the field in 2015 with Milford added to the squad, and maybe Smith, channel 9 will insist we play every Friday night, including our bye rounds

So out of the 114 FTA games in the first 20 rounds:
Broncs - 13
Tigers - 12
Bulldogs - 10
Roosters - 10
Rabbits - 9

Nearly half the games taken up by only 30% of the teams. Great plan NRL. Lets make the big clubs bigger, and kill off the smaller ones with lack of exposure.

legend

Coach
Raiders screwed with four of first five games away from home. Nice work NRL! Merkins!

_Johnsy

Referee
One day, not anytime soon sadly, all teams will play the same number of Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday games and get an equal share of exposure on FTA.

Seems like Canberra, Warriors, Storm and Titans will barely be seen on FTA and the Sharks will be propping up Monday nights as per usual, while sides that struggled for the last season like Tigers, Dragons and Broncos will hog all the FTA games.

How is that in any way intelligent or good for ratings.

Know what you mean, 4 Friday night games in 2013 & one of those in a shortened bye round. :roll:

Feej

First Grade
Well, we all wanted the big money for broadcast rights, and this is what it gets you.

Eddie Lab

Juniors
I am happy with the amount of 9 Sunday afternoon football games. Hope it will drive crowds up because it is such a terrible viewing on TV with the adverts.

Can't complain about the WT draw overall

it's a tough schedule but I think it's good. lots of arvo games which is the best time to watch football. only shame is that none of the leichhardt or campbelltown games fall on a weekend with a public holiday but that's just me being selfish.

beave

Coach
Cowboys at the gold coast on a monday night at 6:30pm........

Titans are gonna hit the roof about that, that will effect the gate/crowd figure for sure.

BunniesMan

Immortal
If we maintain our 2013 form we'll break more crowd records considering we have Easter arvo at home plus a Sundy afternoon game at ANZ which we didn't have even once in 2013.

I'm happy with our draw in terms of crowds.

I also like that our last 5 weeks are all Sydney games.

We also don't leave Sydney (besides a trip to Bluetongue) for the first 7 weeks.

Our byes go with origin 2 and 3 which is an improvement on last year.

The only bit I don't like is our fixtures around origin 1. We'll play the Dragons without our origin players which is unfair because they'll hardly be affected. A Perth game two days after Origin 1 is also disgusting.

Overall I'm happy with the cards we've been dealt.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
3 games on Friday 25th April. Sounds good if they're all live.

Im pretty sure theyre all live.

As per usual 9 gets the Roosters/Dragons match and Fox Sports gets the Melbourne/Warriors match.

As for the Broncos game I would assume 9 would also broadcast that one.

But it appears there's also 3 Friday games on the 18th April.

How does that work out???