What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Why do they need a different jersey because the game is in NT? Clear cash grab.

To be fair, its not like people are being forced to buy it. Its a new product offering that, if someone wants to buy, they can.

Its not damaging their core brand because this isnt their main jersey; only a one-off. Also the design is consistent with the clubs colours and focuses on the club logo.

Compared to other jerseys this is not bad, and id argue initiatives such as this benefit the game...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why do they need a different jersey because the game is in NT? Clear cash grab.

To be fair, it's Parramatta's 3rd jersey this season, the least of any club except Cronulla. Eels have done none of the celebration jerseys i.e. Heritage WiL etc etc

kdalymc

Bench
So manly and Auckland just wear the heritage jerseys every second week ey... Good work....

kdalymc

Bench
Lol didn't realise sharks had ZERO jersey sponsors. Is this the first team in about 20 years to be completely bare?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I like the Broncos Heritage jersey....

Its like spitting in the face of every fan that was f*cked over by the Super League (so EVERY fan)

Edit: why are they wearing a white jersey at a home game???

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
They've still got one left! Top middle little sponsor ONE. $2mill plus of real estate space empty though!

As much as we all would like to see the Sharks relocated to somewhere productive to the NRL...

The Sharks currently have a jersey that should be the wet dream of every League fan that has every bitched about sponsorship boxes (this includes me)...

For every fault the Sharks currently represent, their jersey is bloody gorgeous!!!

100%green

Juniors
I like the Broncos Heritage jersey....

Its like spitting in the face of every fan that was f*cked over by the Super League (so EVERY fan)

Edit: why are they wearing a white jersey at a home game???

Could be for a number of reasons (club or NRL input) but Nike in this country have gotten so bad they are butchering their own designs.

Since the early 2000's I've thought Nike's designs for the Broncos have steadily gotten more and more bland, boring and just half assed. This 97 SL Heritage is proof. That is the most laughable attempt at a jersey I've every seen.

Pathetic Nike & Broncos for signing off on it.

beagle

Juniors
I heard Paul Harragon on the radio today saying that the Knights are wearing the hi-vis jersey against Parra tomorrow. Why? I can understand the concept of wearing it in a mining town (Newcastle) but in Parramatta?

Perth Red

Post Whore
As much as we all would like to see the Sharks relocated to somewhere productive to the NRL...

The Sharks currently have a jersey that should be the wet dream of every League fan that has every bitched about sponsorship boxes (this includes me)...

For every fault the Sharks currently represent, their jersey is bloody gorgeous!!!

Funnily I agree, reason I only own a heritage jersey, I think the sharks board and accountant may have a different view though.

What I don't get about that Broncos jersey is that it isn't identical to the original. I can understand that happening when clubs change jersey manufacturers, but Brisbane were with Nike for both the original and tonight's jersey.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I heard Paul Harragon on the radio today saying that the Knights are wearing the hi-vis jersey against Parra tomorrow. Why? I can understand the concept of wearing it in a mining town (Newcastle) but in Parramatta?

Rabs mentioned it during the broadcast as well. Wearing it more than once a season is shocking.

At least they're not wearing against another orange team this time.

Books suggest sponsorship is healthy.

I just didn't realise anyone paid for blank space.

Oh well, despite all the crap our club is going through, they are still doing better financially this year than some.

kdalymc

Bench
What I don't get about that Broncos jersey is that it isn't identical to the original. I can understand that happening when clubs change jersey manufacturers, but Brisbane were with Nike for both the original and tonight's jersey.

It's a pathetic replica.
People forget we had this jersey in 1998 AND won in it. And yeah good point about nike, they "own" the original, why butcher this one...
Tiny marroon "spikes" that might as well not be there, a white back instead of marroon... And the original had blue numbers too...

Latest posts