What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Saint Doc

Coach
I heard Paul Harragon on the radio today saying that the Knights are wearing the hi-vis jersey against Parra tomorrow. Why? I can understand the concept of wearing it in a mining town (Newcastle) but in Parramatta?

Could it be to limit exposure of Tinkler owned 'Hunter Ports'?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Parra's jersey for the game v Raiders in Darwin

picture.php

Would have been better if it had been designed to have relevance to the NT, in the same way warriors use Wellington colours when they play there.

axl rose

Bench
Rabs mentioned it during the broadcast as well. Wearing it more than once a season is shocking.

At least they're not wearing against another orange team this time.

Why did he metion it?shouldnt he be talking about golf or horse races

Parra should bring back the blue m&m jersey. Is there a chocolate theme week yet? Give it another year I guess.

2eb7hvt.jpg

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Yeah thanks broncos

Remind us of how you single handedly put RL back by 25 years in australia

Yeah cheers

Should have worn a superman logo sponsor on the front and just to be extra dickish had Ribot lead the team out, with a tear in his eye seeing that jersey. Missed opportunity.

thorson1987

Coach
Wests all wearing different socks (junior club socks). Farah wearing odd socks.

I can't even....

Pretty sure they did it last year too. Nice little touch.

Also, the odd socks thing was always done by the islanders in our comp for trial games for some reason.

ek999

First Grade
Books suggest sponsorship is healthy.

I just didn't realise anyone paid for blank space.

Oh well, despite all the crap our club is going through, they are still doing better financially this year than some.

WHICH battling NRL club is running all over town purporting to be dragging in $5 million worth of sponsorship a year? In reality, it would be flat out dragging in $250,000.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...968088685?nk=a8b941950bda44d34a8588211267a69b

thorson1987

Coach
i dont mind the men of league sox...

but letting farrah wear one black one red sock is a bad look...

Oh boo f**king hoo you sook.

He wants to represent 2 of his junior clubs and he is more than entitled to.

Don't like it, turn the f**king TV off and stop complaining.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
What if you play for 3 juniour clubs ?

If you guys think 2 different socks doesn't look crap you are kidding

Imagine man city doing it or green bay packers

Do you want a professional sport or park footy ?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I like what the tigers do with the socks. It's a great acknowledgement to the junior clubs. And if players wear 2 diff colour socks to represent diff clubs who cares.

It's actually a positive thing for the game and promotes rugby league more than a club having 5 different Jerseys in markedly diff colours

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I like the Broncos Heritage jersey....

Its like spitting in the face of every fan that was f*cked over by the Super League (so EVERY fan)

Edit: why are they wearing a white jersey at a home game???

Really?

Both sides were complicit in the "war"... are Newcastle (premiers of the same season) not doing the same by permanently wearing that season's jersey? :lol:

macavity

Referee
Really?

Both sides were complicit in the "war"... are Newcastle (premiers of the same season) not doing the same by permanently wearing that season's jersey? :lol:

You seem to be equating the custodians of the game with those who tried to steal it.

Typical scum club fan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought the hi vis kit design was excellent. Really nicely done. In fact if the Brisbane bombers get in they should steal it!

Saint Doc

Coach
I thought the hi vis kit design was excellent. Really nicely done. In fact if the Brisbane bombers get in they should steal it!

I agree, I wanted to hate it, but it looked great

Newcastle have always struggled for an alternate jersey. Most of their white jerseys have looked so bland, the red one from 10 years ago was vomit. Their current one to be honest probably has too much blue, hence was a clash vs parra.

I vote Newcastle do a panthers and adopt this radically different kit as their permanent alternate jersey. Suits the town