What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

cooko

Juniors
15087274649_30ea3dcbea_d.jpg

Roosters members jersey for 2015.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Wow, I'm surprised a club like Manly who aren't really known for a vee jersey are using it again after having the shallow vee for the last three years.
Know they started out with a vee but they're more famous for the narrow two stripes.
While the 2015 home jersey above looks OK, it just doesn't look like a Manly jersey. The away just looks sh*t.

I like the Manly design with the full sized V - it looks great
OK it has that Wests feel about it - but the way Manly are going with their in fighting and player exodus, they'll end up getting three years of Wests style results, so it will be a fitting tribute.

The white jersey looks like it was designed by someone who had never seen a Rugby League jersey. Because they were blind. Oh and they drew it using their teeth.

Charlie124

First Grade
just doesnt look the same without AAMI...

Also, Brent Tate looks like he's got a stiffy on the left, and covering one up on the right.

hellteam

First Grade
Bit of a hypothetical here.... so the higher ranked team in the GF gets to wear their home strip.

But if the final is Panthers vs Roosters, who will get the home strip? NRL would rule that both home strips would clash.

Roosters finished higher on the table but Panthers got the home prelim.

I'm just thinking it would be pretty embarrassing for the Panthers to play in a grand final either in bright pink or with a cartoon panther on their jersey.

TheDalek079

Bench
Bit of a hypothetical here.... so the higher ranked team in the GF gets to wear their home strip.

But if the final is Panthers vs Roosters, who will get the home strip? NRL would rule that both home strips would clash.

I'm just thinking it would be pretty embarrassing for the Panthers to play in a grand final either in bright pink or with a cartoon panther on their jersey.

2008 Melbourne (or *) won the minor premiership. Lost qualifying final against the Warriors but made the grand final. Wore their away shirt. So I think if it's Easts V Penny in the final then the Panthers get the home shirt

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep - would go in the order of

Souths
Penrith
Roosters
Bulldogs

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I'm just thinking it would be pretty embarrassing for the Panthers to play in a grand final either in bright pink or with a cartoon panther on their jersey

I think it would be a great piece of advertising...

If they were planning on taking on pink as a main colour in the future (personally i think Pink/Black/White would be perfect for them).

If not, then the big cartoon panther (as goofy as that f*cker looks) gets their new logo right in the face of the million of people that see the game (almost everyone in the country will see at least one frame, so the big panther would be impossible to miss)

GAZF

First Grade
I think it would be a great piece of advertising...

If they were planning on taking on pink as a main colour in the future (personally i think Pink/Black/White would be perfect for them).

If not, then the big cartoon panther (as goofy as that f*cker looks) gets their new logo right in the face of the million of people that see the game (almost everyone in the country will see at least one frame, so the big panther would be impossible to miss)

Can't stand the white one. Would be the ugliest grand final jersey since Melbourne in 2008.

2008+NRL+Grand+Final+Sea+Eagles+v+Storm+ee_vwK3Zcqul.jpg

Or the Tigers in 2005.

34490_4_2.jpg

Latest posts