What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Chook Norris

First Grade
I realise this is the 2014 thread, but.. this is the expected 2015 Roosters Jersey (New sleeve sponsor: QBE)
xBheSHU.jpg

Brilliant integration once again, imo.

More pics --> http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2014/09/09/gallery_qbe_signs_on_from_2015.html

GAZF

First Grade
The Rooster consistently have one of the top 3 jerseys in the league. No idea how they do it...maybe because they don't chop and change constantly.

They need to bring the sleeve stripes down the sleeve and narrow it a little bit, the v part of the collar should be red, get rid of the hem stripe, and get rid of the logo on the shorts stripe. Then I'd consider it as perfect as it could possible be, given the amount of sponsors and tight template that they have to deal with.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You can't have it both ways - are we the Homebush Rabbitohs or their next door neighbours? ;-)

maybe you need to read it again..

original comment from a parramatta fan:

Wonder if qbe will stay with roosters for 20 years like the pricks next door ??

and given there is no NRL ground between parramatta and ANZ stadium, that would make them next door neighbours, and therefore this quote makes sense (no pun intended)..

I had no idea QBE sponsored souffs.

Looks good but can't stand shirts changing sponsors during the season. You buy a shirt at the beginning of the year and by the end of it it's obsolete.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Looks good but can't stand shirts changing sponsors during the season. You buy a shirt at the beginning of the year and by the end of it it's obsolete.

As said, it's the 2015 jersey, mate. Although, the Roosters were guilty of that earlier in the year when OPEL was swapped by Peugeot..... i still don't think those Jerseys have come out

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
As said, it's the 2015 jersey, mate. Although, the Roosters were guilty of that earlier in the year when OPEL was swapped by Peugeot..... i still don't think those Jerseys have come out

to be fair on the roosters, OPEL in australia had gone insolvent / bust and were just no longer relevant and shouldn't be on the jersey..

would there be a club out there that would bother having a major sponsor on their top who was broke and just not going to be around in 2 years time?

009378-3153d8a0-029c-11e4-9138-9da47e60188f.jpg

okay.. maybe one...

LeagueNut

First Grade
The Rooster consistently have one of the top 3 jerseys in the league. No idea how they do it...maybe because they don't chop and change constantly.
I know I'm stating the obvious here, but the one thing that strikes me about the Roosters jersey is that the whole damn thing (except the NRL badge) is done exclusively in their red, white & blue team colours. It's all about the sponsor integration IMO, including the sleeves and the "upper chest" sponsors that are squished in these days.

Other teams get the front jersey sponsor integration sorted but spoil it with weird colours on their sleeve sponsors - e.g. Cowboys, Dragons.