What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

LESStar58

Referee
I think everyone agrees that this is the best option for Manly but it will never happen.

keur6e.jpg

I was just trying to come up with a design the club had never done before but still incorporating the thin hoops.

I think if they want to stick to a "v" then they should retry the old "FAI" jerseys like this

2z4ygm0.jpg

If they run with the jerseys in the leaked photographs then I think its a huge step backwards.

That bottom image is the 1998-99 shirt...

txta2

First Grade
to be fair on the roosters, OPEL in australia had gone insolvent / bust and were just no longer relevant and shouldn't be on the jersey..

would there be a club out there that would bother having a major sponsor on their top who was broke and just not going to be around in 2 years time?

009378-3153d8a0-029c-11e4-9138-9da47e60188f.jpg

okay.. maybe one...

:lol: Hilarious please stop ....
Tool.

roofromoz

First Grade
1410408945495.jpg

Hertz has renewed its agreement with the Sydney-based NRL team, Penrith Panthers and today signed a three-year sleeve sponsorship deal.

Hertz first joined forces with the Panthers 12 years ago and in 2012 took the partnership to the next level as the team’s official sleeve sponsor. The decision to continue the sponsorship will strengthen the relationship even further and the Hertz brand will continue to appear on the sleeves of player jerseys.

Commenting on the sponsorship, Chris Rusden, Vice President and Managing Director of Hertz Australia and New Zealand, said: “Hertz is excited by the opportunity to support the Penrith Panthers for the next three seasons. NRL is significant to our sporting culture and I’m proud to continue this alliance with the Panthers”.

“Hertz and the Panthers share an ambition and drive to succeed. The Panther’s strong performance this season is a testament to their dedication and I was thrilled to witness their impressive defeat over the Warriors on the weekend - landing them an amazing top four spot. I’m delighted by the ongoing relationship and wish the team all the best for the upcoming finals, the 2015 season and beyond.”

Justin Pascoe, Chief Commercial Officer for the Panthers Group, said: “I am delighted by the Panthers continued relationship with a global brand such as Hertz. The renewal of this partnership represents a growing demand for our brand on the back of a transformation of our business both on and off the field. We acknowledge that as an organisation we are only at the beginning of our journey and we are very humbled and proud to have Hertz joining us on that journey for the next three years.”

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2014/09/11/hertz_extend_partnership_for_further_3_years.html

Perth Red

Post Whore
No idea, I think main jersey is between $900k and $1.8million depending on the team. I guess if you go from that then $250-400 wouldnt be out of the ball park for sleeve?

Wonder if sleeve or back jersey is worth more?

Diesel

Referee
I saw the new Q Cup team the Blackhawks kit in another thread and they have a sponsor plastered right over the ass of the shorts, I wonder how long before this idea reaches NRL level

ShaneO85

Juniors
I think, and hope, you'll find those shorts wont be approved as is. Pretty sure the QRL guidelines are one sponsor front and back of each leg (4 total on shorts), 2 on each sleeve, 1 front, 2 on back (shoulders & lower back), one throat. (plus xxxx on throat). Can't see them allowing that bumper sticker

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
No idea, I think main jersey is between $900k and $1.8million depending on the team. I guess if you go from that then $250-400 wouldnt be out of the ball park for sleeve?

Wonder if sleeve or back jersey is worth more?

I have heard sleeve is more valuable in terms of media reach than the back of Jersey

As u see players side on a lot more

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I saw the new Q Cup team the Blackhawks kit in another thread and they have a sponsor plastered right over the ass of the shorts, I wonder how long before this idea reaches NRL level

Im personally waiting for tattoo sponsorship...

Like a sleeve tattoo for Jetstar or a tramp-stamp of Coke

mt.wellington

Juniors
I don't mind the logo as it's 20th anniversary and I knew they were going for that design but the jersey I don't like, the V is too shallow & if they wanted a fern on the jersey why not have a small one at the back of the jersey at the bottom or below the collar on the back.

Anyhow, is this jersey real? I've missed the original post and quote

Sorry for the late reply. Yes this is the real deal leaked jersey. Surprised its still up as its been removed everywhere else.

Just a little info about the colours that some have been talking about wanting to go back to. The original colours of Blue, white, green and red were used for Auckland (blue and white) and original major sponsors DB Bitter (red and green). I dont see the club ever going back to those jerseys as both Auckland and DB Bitter are long gone. When the Auckland Warriors were liquidated in 1999 they re-entered the competition as the New Zealand Warriors and also started the black jersey. Thats where it should remain IMO. The old design works well as a heritage.

Untitled_zpsa4120ae0.png

gzerounian

Juniors
ITS OFFICIAL!!...I just received my Sea Eagles membership renewal details and a picture of the hat, lanyard etc..here is a picture of the 2015 Members keyring which is identical to the "leaked" photograph in previous post. I wish Manly would give members a vote (or a design a jersey competition). We are now stuck with this for 3 more years. You can be assured that the atrocious white jersey in the photo will be the away jersey.

ol00np.jpg

in case you missed it here it is again

5vbudf.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, I'm surprised a club like Manly who aren't really known for a vee jersey are using it again after having the shallow vee for the last three years.
Know they started out with a vee but they're more famous for the narrow two stripes.
While the 2015 home jersey above looks OK, it just doesn't look like a Manly jersey. The away just looks sh*t.