What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Personally i hope they go Pink Panthers. If they did win, the jersey would get them a good bit of exposure just because its so different.

5507896-3x2-940x627.jpg

Plus the logo doesnt get lost in the black-on-black combo.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Won't matter tbh. Souths in black, Bulldogs in white. Penrith will be on Mad Monday :sarcasm:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Hopefully NRL would let Penrith wear black

Only problem i have with the black strip is that its so ordinary...

If they are in the GF, that jersey will be seen by most of Australia's population.

- The white jersey gets their logo on display
- A pink jersey is totally unique within Australian sport
- As for black; i cant even be bothered to try to list the number of teams that wear black

Its not that theyd have to wear an alternate, it would just be a better choice...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The black strip is their main strip, ordinary or not. It represents the club, it's not about trying to impress someone. The pink strip is ordinary. Unique? Who cares?

Maybe if we're trying to impress someone we should go all out and wear top hat and tails.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
^^^
Not necessarily...

Last year they had to to get the telstra logo on the jerseys. This year, they dont NEED to, so they may not bother.

Edit: Im also pretty sure its Delonghi's turn to be Major sponsor. (Which would be a god damn god send; the incorporation is SO MUCH BETTER!!!!)

15928-south-sydney-rabbitohs-2014-mens-away-jersey-740.jpg

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
^^^
Not necessarily...

Last year they had to to get the telstra logo on the jerseys. This year, they dont NEED to, so they may not bother.

Edit: Im also pretty sure its Delonghi's turn to be Major sponsor. (Which would be a god damn god send; the incorporation is SO MUCH BETTER!!!!)

The logo and numbers show up so much better on that jersey but so do the ugly side panels. I'm so conflicted.

Saint Doc

Coach
The logo and numbers show up so much better on that jersey but so do the ugly side panels. I'm so conflicted.

If they persist with side panels...

- white numbers
- white bunny
- black sidepanels
- black shorts

Alternate major sponsor on the front but just have one jersey design.

GAZF

First Grade
If they persist with side panels...

- white numbers
- white bunny
- black sidepanels
- black shorts

Alternate major sponsor on the front but just have one jersey design.

I'd switch black for green side panels, if they are absolutely necessary.

Timmah

Staff member
^^^
Not necessarily...

2012 Prelim - they put DeLonghi on the black kit because it was "their turn" so to speak.

510117-nrl-finals-canterbury-bulldogs-v-south-sydney-rabbitohs.jpg

As for the big patch - it happens every year, it'll happen again on Sunday.

the beavers

Juniors
from the look of the bulldog jersey in the paper today the oversized grand final patch is gone....
just embroidery instead...
shame really I always liked them...all the way back to the Winfield cup badge on the sleeves...it'd a bit of a tradition

Timmah

Staff member
Agreed, but not the way it's been the last few years. When we had the torpedo Telstra Premiership logo (02-06) it was in the same shape, instead of a giant ugly patch. Them were the days.

Latest posts