What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Team

betcats

Referee
It was good Gould acknowledged DWZ as a fullback, somewhat bewildering to hear him say he needs to play at centre to round out his abilities.

I may be wrong but I think this is about getting him involved in the defence a bit more, the defensive workload for an NYC winger isnt much at centre he would do a bit more tackling. The best FBs stop tries aswell as score them.

chrisD

Coach
That is probably what he is thinking, I think fullback has a unique tackling requirement and tackling in a line at centre isn't going to help play fullback much. But Gould is probably not thinking of DWZ for FG until 2016 and so he has all the time in the world to play centre.

betcats

Referee
I think even for Gould and Ivan Dallin will be an exception to the rule of holding kids back until they are 21+.

I think he will play FG before he is 20.

patzz_

Juniors
I can see Penrith are building something special out West.Although I'm a Dragons supporter I have been enjoying the style of footy they play under Cleary.. In particular what he is getting out of guys like Docker and Plum. Managed to see Zelezniak play down at Kogarah last week and he is something special. I see him in the team in the next two years. I'm curious to see what does everyone thinks the backline should be next year? Personally I think Moylan would be better suited as a number 6 in the future and I would like to see something like:

1.Naiqama
2.Mansour/ Zelezniak (later in the year)
3.Roberts
4.Whare
5.Simmons
6.Moylan
7.Soward

Though a young and untested backline I think there is some serious speed and potential in it and Cleary could get something out of it. Thoughts?

Pomoz

Bench
I can see Penrith are building something special out West.Although I'm a Dragons supporter I have been enjoying the style of footy they play under Cleary.. In particular what he is getting out of guys like Docker and Plum. Managed to see Zelezniak play down at Kogarah last week and he is something special. I see him in the team in the next two years. I'm curious to see what does everyone thinks the backline should be next year? Personally I think Moylan would be better suited as a number 6 in the future and I would like to see something like:

1.Naiqama
2.Mansour/ Zelezniak (later in the year)
3.Roberts
4.Whare
5.Simmons
6.Moylan
7.Soward

Though a young and untested backline I think there is some serious speed and potential in it and Cleary could get something out of it. Thoughts?
He is some talent isn't he? He has that wonderful balance when he runs that makes him really elusive and difficult to tackle. I like the look of that lineup and it doesn't matter what the line up is really, the great thing after a terrible five years is that we actually are starting to get competition for places. How do you think you will go next year? Some good recruits, but Price is still yet to prove himself.

Puntastic

Juniors
I'd agree with you Patzz, but we didn't sign Wallace for three years to not see him play.

Round one, we'll probably see

1. Moylan
2. Naiqama
3. Roberts
4. Whare
5. Simmons

And, at some point, trial

1. Naiqama
2. Nabuli
3. Roberts
4. Whare
5. Simmons

I do think, however, that we'll probably see Mansour as the #1 replacement until Nabuli has developed a little more (probably towards the back end of the season).

I don't particularly think Moylan factors in the half equation bar injury, though I certainly think he's capable.

DWZ is only 18 come 2014. Keeping with the mantra of Gus and Cleary, I expect him to see him play u20s and a bit of NSW cup next year and mostly NSW cup the year after that - I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't debut until late 2015. Cartwright will debut before he does.

There is also the question of his Mission, which he has stated he would like to embark on upon making his debut. I'm not sure how that will work out yet.

franklin2323

Immortal
we didn't sign Wallace for three years to not see him play.

Long term:

1. Moss.
3. DWZ.
4. Whare.
6. Moylan.
7. Soward

I think Wallace could be a decent hooker keep Seg off the bench

Depends on DWZ mormon mission of course. May see him get a game or 2 on the wing before he goes

patzz_

Juniors
He is some talent isn't he? He has that wonderful balance when he runs that makes him really elusive and difficult to tackle. I like the look of that lineup and it doesn't matter what the line up is really, the great thing after a terrible five years is that we actually are starting to get competition for places. How do you think you will go next year? Some good recruits, but Price is still yet to prove himself.

Yeh he is some talent. Top juniors along with the recruits should make Penrith a top side over the next couple of years.

Yeh I don't see Price is a coach who can get the best out if the fringe players. On paper I don't think our side is to bad, just lacking in the front row and maybe a strike center.

Puntastic

Juniors
Are we sure he's going to do it?

I believe that was his intention - once he makes first grade he wanted to go.

But, I haven't read anything in a while and he's ultimately entitled to change his mind as he sees fit between now and then (whenever then may be).

I'm sure plenty have a better idea than I do though and maybe someone can shed more light on this?

chrisD

Coach
Doubt Moylan is really in their longer term plans.

9. Segs
6. Wallace
7. Soward
1. Moylan

Which they want to become

9. Segs/Foster/Moseley
6. A Junior TBD
7. Soward
1. DWZ/Moss

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Malakai didn't end up doing it so there is a chance Dallin won't.

Their brother and sister are currently doing it. One is in Poland the other in NZ.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Not sure about Dallin as a centre. Robert Jennings is only 4 months younger than Dallin. He is seen as a long term centre option.

franklin2323

Immortal
In that case Moss out Dallen in. We will make the 8 next year I have no doubt.

Wallace/Kingston hooker/halves won't win the comp however. So for 2015 on we need to get speed & skill in the side.

Moss' speed & support could have the same affect Wesser had for us. Attibutes wise Dallen can play centre. Size, speed, strength etc.

Though like all quality players can do the same in a number of positions.

murraymob

Coach
moss is similar to moylan small body may struggle in first grade.Be interesting to see who steps up as the second hooker early in the season with segs out thinking foster is ready made for it

Latest posts