What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 Team

Kilkenny

Coach
Moss and DWK are both potential superstars. I don't know where we fit them both in that will be the issue. Moylan will have to graduate to five eighth or he will surely lose his spot.

Have to find a spot for Peachy as we haven't bought him to play reserves and from what I have seen in recent weeks he will definitely create some spark either in the back row or better still dummy half rotating with Segayaro.

The 6/7 combination is still going to be our Achilles heel in 2014 and we need to find a partner for Soward. Soward needs to play in the six and not to be the main playmaker.

Puntastic

Juniors
No no no no no.

Or Roberts. Whatever.

Moss might still be 12 months away yet. Still needs a few trial's in firsts before we make that call.

I know Mansour has a work to do when it comes to finishing, but he has decent handling and makes decent meters. You don't win if you don't get down that side of the field.

People overestimate him in response to the haters.
People underestimate him in response to his fan club.
He's somewhere in between.
And he is solid.

Reminds me a lot of Flash.

PinkPanther

Juniors
I don't think that we will see anyone other than Moylan at fullback unless he gets injured. Moss imo still needs a while to develop more, but it's possible that he will get a call up towards the end of next season.

With the halves, Soward said in Big League a couple weeks ago that he was signed to play halfback, so that leaves number 6 open for Austin/John/Coote. Whoever plays the best out of them should be our 5/8.

Austin hasn't really had a genuine chance and I don't believe that he will. John was re-signed and was playing good footy there for a while. Coote looked good from what we have seen from him.

Kilkenny

Coach
I don't think that we will see anyone other than Moylan at fullback unless he gets injured. Moss imo still needs a while to develop more, but it's possible that he will get a call up towards the end of next season.

With the halves, Soward said in Big League a couple weeks ago that he was signed to play halfback, so that leaves number 6 open for Austin/John/Coote. Whoever plays the best out of them should be our 5/8.

Austin hasn't really had a genuine chance and I don't believe that he will. John was re-signed and was playing good footy there for a while. Coote looked good from what we have seen from him.

Nothing against Matt Moylan but he is far from being guaranteed the number 1 position in 2014. He is going to have stiff competition from two or three in Moss, DWZ and Naqaima not Wes. I agree Austin deserves another crack in the number six as he is a much more talented all round player than John who unfortunately is not NRL standard. We have to find a spot for the new signing in Tyronne Peachey. We have an abundance of back rowers if all are fit so I suspect we may have signed him with the view to him being a number nine. The Segeyaro / Peachey combination could be a great rotation. I wouldn't write off Anthony Cherrington and I think he can figure in 2014 given a reasonable return to football this season. I think he may have figured this season but for our second tier cap issues. He has a little bit of Franky Pritchard about him and if he can get his body right he could be very good for us. He is the back rower who out wide one on one can make a break or create second phase play and that is something we haven't had this season. He has a presence about him with his size and athleticism. When you compare his potential to say Ciraldo there is no comparison he has so much more to offer and I am not one to bag Cameron as he has done the job asked of him for the most part. We have so much to look forward to in 2014 from what I can see and it is not all doom and gloom despite the disappointment of the last three weeks and more pain to come in the final run in.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Nothing against Matt Moylan but he is far from being guaranteed the number 1 position in 2014. He is going to have stiff competition from two or three in Moss, DWZ and Naqaima not Wes.

Moss injured needs Groin operation. DWZ can't even make FB in a NYC team that has lost 4/6. Naiqama possible. Moylan will be better after an off season on the weights but can play in the halves if needed

Agree size may be an issue but I don't think being left footed matters much. Most teams have two right foot kickers

Kilkenny

Coach
Has anyone posted whom a 2014 tier one squad based on who they think it will be given who has been released, not resigned and including those we are bringing in? Most of us have dabbled with picking a 17 but picking a squad of 25-30 would also be interesting reading.

Puntastic

Juniors
Has mansour shown the importance of getting into the oppositions half yet? We've looked dangerous, and tough, and he's taking a lot of pressure off our forewards.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour was solid today. Thought he looked stronger in defence then Lewis Brown... who has been very disappointing in the centres. He looked solid there his first time around, but this time around has been awful. But mostly due to a proper centre having a considerable pace advantage over him.

Really looking forward to having Roberts/Peachey in the centres with Whare. Wingers are a little less important with any two of K. Naiqama, Mansour and Simmons being more then capable first graders.

Puntastic

Juniors
Mansour was solid today. Thought he looked stronger in defence then Lewis Brown... who has been very disappointing in the centres. He looked solid there his first time around, but this time around has been awful. But mostly due to a proper centre having a considerable pace advantage over him.

Really looking forward to having Roberts/Peachey in the centres with Whare. Wingers are a little less important with any two of K. Naiqama, Mansour and Simmons being more then capable first graders.

Agree.

Like I said in the game day thread, despite how impressive he can be, there are things he needs to work on, but the same goes for Roberts and I'm happy to have him hanging around.

Big Mick

Referee
NRL:

1. Matt Moylan
2. Kevin Naiqama
3. James Roberts
4. Dean Whare
5. David Simmons
6. Jamie Soward
7. Peter Wallace
8. Brent Kite
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Tim Grant
11. Sika Manu
12. Lewis Brown
13. Elijah Taylor

RES:
14. James Segeyaro
15. Sam McKendry
16. Nigel Plum/Adam Docker
17. Bryce Cartwright/Tyrone Peachey

Reserve Grade:

1. Keiran Moss
2. Josh Mansour
3. Wes Naiqama
4. Brad Tighe
5. George Jennings
6. Lachlan Coote
7. Issac John
8. Jeremy Latimore
9. Daniel Foster
10. Sam Anderson
11. Matt Robinson
12. Tyrone Peachey
13. Adam Docker

RES:
14. Will Smith
15. Kyle O'Donnell
16. Anthony Cherrington
17. Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi

18. Tom Humble
19. Luke Capewell
20. Ethan Cook
21. Sean Spence
22. Nathan Smith

On top of that you'll have a few of the NYC guys who get promoted and may take some spots.

Humble and Coote may not be around and not sure if we are re-signing Sam Anderson or not.

Ideally Naiqama and Tighe would be let go but not sure if that happens to pave the way for Tom Eisenhuth and DWZ

I know I'm forgetting a few names but that's all I got off the top of my head.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
Where does Matt Robinson fit in? Is his injury that bad. I felt that his injury was in part the catalyst in the form drop, he is really solid on the left edge and straightened the attack.

franklin2323

Immortal
Big Mick weren't you 1 of many on here (me included) that said we couldn't win the comp with Walsh/Burns halves?

Soward plays the same style as Walsh just better. Wallace is Burns style great in defence terrible in attack. We have enough defenders we need spark which he has none of.

As for Robinson he would be in my 17 but Kite & Kingston wouldn't be yet will be picked every week.

PinkPanther

Juniors
I think Robinson will be fighting it out with Peachey and Cartwright for that last bench spot. He has been good this year and hopefully he can play some 1st grade next year.

Puntastic

Juniors
Big Mick's hit the nail on the head with that side.

Expect to see Docker unfortunately shafted for Plum and Cartwright for Peachy come round 1 (though I guess it depends on the off season for those two).

Competition for spots will be fierce which is always a plus.

We're looking a little thin for back replacements though.

Moss is the obvious choice for FB. Mansour can play wing. An injury to the centre sees Brown shift there i'd imagine.

(I don't expect Coote will be here, and I thought tighe was a goner this year along with Wes?)

Weakest links are Kingston and Wallace. It's not an exciting spine, and our problem has really been our finishing ability. I'm not sure Wallace is the answer to that :crazy:

franklin2323

Immortal
Wallace would be good if we had no Kingston or Humble. Like punatastic said we have had & still will have great go forward we don't do enough with the ball. We a centre short. Our props all are same style no second phase & can't break the line. The squad balance is all wrong as it was this year.

Latest posts