What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

Danish

Referee
The $700 tickets are one thing it's more the way they advertise and market the whole thing that really pisses me off. Particularly when a D**khead like Paul Kind used to come out and say 'tickets have gone down by $10 this year to the Grand Final' making it more affordable then ever for families' to attend the Grand Final when in actual fact that's a total lie.

They were made $10 cheaper in 1 Aisle and they doubled in price in another.

I don't mind them ramping up ticket prices as massively as they do for the GF, as it allows them to maximise ticket sales revenue while still giving a reasonable option for some cash strapped fans to attend. The high prices for platinum and diamond seating mean scalpers are no longer scooping up thousands of seats and selling them back at a premium, as the financial risk of picking up those tickets when certain team combinations will mean they make a loss on resale (scalpers would be pretty screwed with this year's GF for example with Roosters having a fairly small fan base and the rest of the teams being interstate and so unlikely to scoop up too many last minute tickets).

It does become annoying though when hack journos like Kent use the small allocation of cheap tickets as a means of attacking the game e.g. "Tickets are only $15, and they still can't sell it out. Troubling times for the NRL/This would never happen in AFL etc".

I wonder why no word of standing room tickets for Friday night yet??

Maybe they are happy with corporate bookings.

Why would any ground have standing room tickets? After the experiences at places like Hillsborough and Heysel it doesn't make much sense to be honest. I know those happened at soccer games in Europe, but in this day and age it seems weird to even countenance standing room tickets at a professional sporting event. :?

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Why would any ground have standing room tickets? After the experiences at places like Hillsborough and Heysel it doesn't make much sense to be honest. I know those happened at soccer games in Europe, but in this day and age it seems weird to even countenance standing room tickets at a professional sporting event. :?

Standing room tickets are limited to 500 - 650, the areas of standing are at the concourses on level 3 and 7. This is by no means dangerous over crowding.

Was great at both Origin 3 and Broncos v Cowboys.

Brutus

Referee
Will we get 52k plus for suncorp on Fri or is that simply impossible for Broncos games due to toffy stadium members not showing.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Will we get 52k plus for suncorp on Fri or is that simply impossible for Broncos games due to toffy stadium members not showing.

They were an embarrassment at Broncos v Cowboys. It actually infuriated me, haha. Ill attach a photo soon of just how bad they were

See middle tier and last 20 rows of bottom tier. Note that those little boxes are the very overpriced "open air" boxes.

d7262b9a-f2ab-41d5-b9e8-a146ba2e710c_zpspjb3z9lm.jpg

Last edited:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Do you have any idea of tickets sold to interstaters SLR? Just curious to see how many roosters fans will head up on friday.

cleary89

Coach
Nobody is expecting to sit in Aisle 107 for $50 FFS but $700!!! COME ON!!!
I think I pay $550 for Aisle 107 for a Season pass.
Anyway if you think it's good value why don't you take your whole family out there at $700 a pop.

No one said they are good value. Nor would you take a family. But i have mates who paid 300 for nosebleed afl gf tickets. Knew a bloke who paid 500 for the swans loss in 2012? Also had mates pay rediculous amounts for elclassico tickets. Doesny superbowl seats go for 2k+?

Ive paid 120 quid for nosebleed arsenal v pool tickets.

Paying $50 or $70 for gf tickets is great. But premium tickets are charged a premium.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
No idea.

I cant expect many more than 2,500 - 4,000. More would have come if it were Saturday, I think. Plus, I would presume most are confident in saving their money for the GF. Probably about the same that St George Illawarra brought in 2011.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
The Storm game appears sold out on Ticketek.

Can still buy as much as 20 tickets on some of best side on seats at Suncorp.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The Storm game appears sold out on Ticketek.

Can still buy as much as 20 tickets on some of best side on seats at Suncorp.

Brutus. Did you just hover your mouse over sections (301) and it says "You can buy 20 seats"?

This is a ticketek fault. Suncorp is sold to single seats, waiting on some promotions to go back on sale.

As for the storm game, did you enter "storm" into the box? Plenty of seats left in cat three.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I am not expecting AAMI to sell out entirely. Mid to high twenties has been the standard set in the past, and NQ are not exactly a high draw.

In 2011 The Warriors, who are the biggest crowd draw in Melbourne delivered 28k, and then Manly the next year saw 25k when the Storm were on their way to the premiership.

Contrary to reports, Ozzie rules fans won't automatically attend Storm games just because their team isn't playing. Just mythmaking about the supposed legendary Melbourne sports culture.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's already sold 21-22k from my understanding, there's no reason it won't get close to a sellout. Only thing stopping it IMO is the lack of away support - more than normal given TSV is a long double haul to Melb.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Just bought tickets to the Melbourne game. PAX is 27,833.
First trip to AAMI, should be a good game as a neutral!

Should be epic, AAMI has awesome noise retainers.

It's already sold 21-22k from my understanding, there's no reason it won't get close to a sellout. Only thing stopping it IMO is the lack of away support - more than normal given TSV is a long double haul to Melb.

Tim the away bays have done well. They even gave them another bay, they now have 9, 10, 11, 12 79 & 80.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
A-league Grand Final was 29,843 @ AAMI

Will be interesting to see how close they can get.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah, I think half the "open air" corporate boxes on level three eastern stand at Suncorp should be ripped out and replaced with general public seats, probably would add 1,000 to the capacity and we wouldn't have to look at empty seats at a prelim final.

Also they had two weeks to send requests to members, if they don't want to go they need to sell to gp.