What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part III

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
You can now get 15 tickets in a row in bay 107, thats on the half way line prime position. is this a reflection of people unwilling to pay these prices or the fact that people arent aware that these seats are available.

Probably a price issue. Especially how so many people are coming down for it.

Shorty

Staff member
You can now get 15 tickets in a row in bay 107, thats on the half way line prime position. is this a reflection of people unwilling to pay these prices or the fact that people arent aware that these seats are available.

A bit of both really, I saw articles earlier in the week saying it was 'close to sold out' but the real issue is it'd cost North Queenslanders 2 grand to get down there, for one person.
Brisbanites at least have the option of alternate travel.

So if people are managing to get down there they're probably looking at other sites for cheaper tickets.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
There are a few "centreline" corporate packages on Ebay for $600 for the both. These would be worth at least a $1000+ each, right?http://www.anzstadium.com.au/official-hospitality/centreline-seats/

Would be amazing to buy those.

I agree with Shorty, Brisbane based people can drive, and a lot are, i've been looking through hashtags on Instagram and its pretty insane to see how many are actually driving. Also, Hotels along the coast between Bris and Syd are basically completely sold out last night and tonight.

guyver78

Juniors

I'm sure $708 a seat has something to do with it.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Hey Guyver. A dude has replied back to an offer for six tickets in the corporate "Centreline seats" for a total of $600. Seems an insane bargain, the lads are keen to ditch the silvers for this as its only $100 each.

Would it be wise to do this/ are the folk usually reserved to that area pretentious and annoying?

guyver78

Juniors
Hey Guyver. A dude has replied back to an offer for six tickets in the corporate "Centreline seats" for a total of $600. Seems an insane bargain, the lads are keen to ditch the silvers for this as its only $100 each.

Would it be wise to do this/ are the folk usually reserved to that area pretentious and annoying?

Mate if it were me I'd jump at the chance to grab these and I wouldn't give a shit. I'd grab my mates and behave like a yobbo anyway.:D

They're just Level 4 on the Western Grandstand so you're still on high up on Level 4 but you can at least leave your telescope at home.

Mind you they can refuse you entry if you turn up with a tshirt and thongs so dress smart casual.

I'd grab them if I were you and it's 100% legit.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Mate if it were me I'd jump at the chance to grab these and I wouldn't give a shit. I'd grab my mates and behave like a yobbo anyway.:D

They're just Level 4 on the Western Grandstand so you're still on high up on Level 4 but you can at least leave your telescope at home.

Mind you they can refuse you entry if you turn up with a tshirt and thongs so dress smart casual.

I'd grab them if I were you and it's 100% legit.

http://www.anzstadium.com.au/the-stadium/stadium-map/

Apparently they are on level one. Just behind section 130.

Were going to do it. I dress smart casual to all games, so dress code wont be an issue. We will be on best behaviour when entering ;).

guyver78

Juniors

Were going to do it. I dress smart casual to all games, so dress code wont be an issue. We will be on best behaviour when entering ;).

mate i know EXACTLY what you have now. they are THE BEST SEATS AT ANZ. GRAB right away.

what you have are the seats that are purchased by corporates. they will even have the company name on them. I haven't sat there in years now but from memory I think they are even leather too.

You will be sitting right below the coaches boxes. depending on which side you sit you will be able to look up and see the chanel 9 crew in the middle and coaches on each side.

ag6858

Juniors

I stood in front of there for the Asian Cup final (at least for the first half before I got moved on :p ). It's a brilliant view, and would be a good experience, but also there's not a whole lot of atmosphere, being a corporate section.

guyver78

Juniors
I stood in front of there for the Asian Cup final (at least for the first half before I got moved on :p ). It's a brilliant view, and would be a good experience, but also there's not a whole lot of atmosphere, being a corporate section.

That's the only 1 downside, it will be a section full of neutrals and maybe even families or just boring supporters BUT you will NOT find a better seat at ANZ.

I wouldn't worry about that SLR, just grab them. You will have a far better experience then sitting up in the Sky inthe 600's.

Easy access to toilets, no lining up for alcohol.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
mate i know EXACTLY what you have now. they are THE BEST SEATS AT ANZ. GRAB right away.

what you have are the seats that are purchased by corporates. they will even have the company name on them. I haven't sat there in years now but from memory I think they are even leather too.

You will be sitting right below the coaches boxes. depending on which side you sit you will be able to look up and see the chanel 9 crew in the middle and coaches on each side.

I'm hoping that we would be allowed in, given they are bought off eBay, not a recognised agent? They seem epic. We have agreed to buy. Im sure no one would question us.

Yeah thats fair. We actually set out to get seats downstairs because of all our mates are in the Broncos section + my hate of level 6. I think there will be vacant patches all over the place so we just want access to the lower bowl, however, those leather seats would do well and the corporate bar! In the shade. Very BEER.

guyver78

Juniors
I'm hoping that we would be allowed in, given they are bought off eBay, not a recognised agent? They seem epic. We have agreed to buy. Im sure no one would question us.

Yeah thats fair. We actually set out to get seats downstairs because of all our mates are in the Broncos section + my hate of level 6. I think there will be vacant patches all over the place so we just want access to the lower bowl, however, those leather seats would do well and the corporate bar! In the shade. Very BEER.

Mate don't worry about that, nobody will be questioning you, you will be able to just walk through. My cousin used to get me these tickets all the time when he use to work for Citigroup. They had 8 allocated seats. They were leather with the citigroup logo printed on them.

I used to always get them from him cos nobody cared about watching Rugby League in his company let alone a losing Rabbitohs side who used to get belted every week by 40 in 2008/2009.

The tickets used to look a little different and they used to always come in light blue/silver colour as opposed to the usual yellow/white tickets you buy from ticketek. In the end they are just treated as ordinary tickets at ANZ and they do not check/care who walks through so long as you're not dressed like you're about to paint your neighbors house.

guyver78

Juniors
To add to this I've got season tickets at ANZ in Aisle 107 where are are being sold ATM for $708. These are even better then that.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Yeah we will be sweet. Will just swan on in, haha. The only time I have ever been hounded about moving to better seats is at ANZ, thats all. The staff seem to be way more on top of people wandering around, where as at Suncorp its like, meh.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Yeah we will be sweet. Will just swan on in, haha. The only time I have ever been hounded about moving to better seats is at ANZ, thats all. The staff seem to be way more on top of people wandering around, where as at Suncorp its like, meh.

At the 09 GF I paid a small fortune for top notch seats as part of a package with some other lads. Got there early and settled in for the full program.

As the first grade approached a big fat lady started wobbling across the aisle and, you guessed it, plonked herself on the poor chair next too me. And across a fair share of mine and the one on the other side as well.

Following the next beer run I spotted those disabled chairs that sit two up a few rows behind. I took advantage of them as many of them were empty. Soon after an usher came by to move me on. I pointed down to what remained of my seat and said, "see that mate, I paid $200 for that and got half a seat".

His faced took on an understanding look and his smile said it all. I didn't get bothered for the rest of the arvo and enjoyed the GF in spacious comfort.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
At the 09 GF I paid a small fortune for top notch seats as part of a package with some other lads. Got there early and settled in for the full program.

As the first grade approached a big fat lady started wobbling across the aisle and, you guessed it, plonked herself on the poor chair next too me. And across a fair share of mine and the one on the other side as well.

Following the next beer run I spotted those disabled chairs that sit two up a few rows behind. I took advantage of them as many of them were empty. Soon after an usher came by to move me on. I pointed down to what remained of my seat and said, "see that mate, I paid $200 for that and got half a seat".

His faced took on an understanding look and his smile said it all. I didn't get bothered for the rest of the arvo and enjoyed the GF in spacious comfort.

I had a similar situation on a Qantas flight. I saw her plodding up the hallway thinking "oh f**k no", she takes her seat and with a minute she dived into her life story of nervous flying that makes her "sweat". At this point her natural perfume could only be described as fishy parmesan.

She got bad anxiety later on and had to be moved.

Man that was so grim.

guyver78

Juniors

That's some really funny shit!!! Laughing hard here...

So did u end up getting them 100% SLR?

Latest posts