What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Have you seen how shit it is to get the ANZAC test refunds if you cant go - have to post them and wait.

Should be a phone, cancel the barcode, re-issue and refund.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Pfft... I used to walk 20 miles to school every day in waist deep snow, uphill in both directions,

Soft Queenslanders

Luxury. We used to have to get out of the lake at six o'clock in the morning, clean the lake, eat a handful of 'ot gravel, work twenty hour day at mill for tuppence a month, come home, and Dad would thrash us to sleep with a broken bottle, if we were lucky!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
People are forced to stay in their city offices for the night.

Major roads to the north are still full, including Bruce highway.

Thousands of people still at train stations now. One mate had to walk 11km home from the city, through knee deep water for most. Still light raining. Tomorrow we will wake up to the shit job of cleaning up.

At this point, im thinking the NRL should pledge the Net profits from sundays game to the flood relief....

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
At this point, im thinking the NRL should pledge the Net profits from sundays game to the flood relief....

We are on the side of a hill - a Queenslander on stilts with a rumpus room downstairs, water from the neighbours yard came straight in, cannot believe the amount of dirt and random rubbish, lost a couch, tv and computer. Sun still rises! Hearing of some horror stories from mates in the north though.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2015/05/02/test_now_set_to_be_s.html

Queensland police had urged residents to avoid travel, roads were flooded and public transport was at a virtual standstill yet still almost 2000 supporters had filed through the turnstiles for a Test match that never eventuated.

With the Test match now being played tomorrow, the NRL could receive a giant boost in ticket sales with a crowd in excess of 40,000 now expected.

The Rosco

Bench
Pfft... I used to walk 20 miles to school every day in waist deep snow, uphill in both directions,

Soft Queenslanders

Luxury.
We used to get up at 3 in the morning, half an hour before we went to bed, and lick road clean with tongue.

Why, once again, should rugby league be expected to be above and beyond what 'normal' society / business does?

If Coles, Woolworths, and every other single business in Brisbane operating tomorrow do the same thing, am happy to see the ARL do the same.

Card Shark

Immortal
Good point!

How about they donate some cash to the flood affected footy clubs in the area.....& down my way in the Hunter whilst they are at it.

Footy fields are generally built in low lying areas....I'm sure plenty have been inundated over the last week & a 1/2.

undertaker

Coach
Weird. Before it was announced that the test match was going to be rescheduled to Sunday 4pm, I had a strange feeling that was going to happen (and therefore, move the City-Country Origin match earlier to 2pm) so that Ch9 will have the Test match leading into Nine News (and hence much higher ratings than what would've happened had City-Country been at 4pm).

Common sense prevails though. No way could that test match gone ahead. Neither should the Sharks/Rabbitohs match for that matter. It will be good to have International RL on a sunny Sunday afternoon again. The folk up in Brisbane also love their Sunday afternoon football, so hopefully we can get a big crowd for this test.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.