What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Parramatta Leagues Club Election thread

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Apparently Hadley was bagging Sharp & Co this AM. Referring to his ticket as having failed politicians, mayors etc. and doing his best to sway the blue rinse set away from the current board.

Wasnt the women on the ticket an ex lib MP? Ray must be desperate

mrt_spec

Juniors
No apology...

There is a new ticket, but feel free to provide the proof that Roy has teamed up with Fitzy...

Seriously? Comprised of and supported by known Spag and Fitzy affiliates yet you still say that?

Booting Fitzy and Spag aligned people is something that _all_ Eels fans should get behind and yet you seem to be in denial based on what appears to be a dislike of a particular person and or web site, and simply because they reported it first.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Seriously? Comprised of and supported by known Spag and Fitzy affiliates yet you still say that?

Booting Fitzy and Spag aligned people is something that _all_ Eels fans should get behind and yet you seem to be in denial based on what appears to be a dislike of a particular person and or web site, and simply because they reported it first.

I guess you know what happens when you assume.

Gronk

Staff member
I LOL at the opposition tickets suggesting that vote for them is a vote for stability.

So they cause a fuss to create instability so they hopefully can get elected so they can deliver stability ? WTF ?

:crazy:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I LOL at the opposition tickets suggesting that vote for them is a vote for stability.

So they cause a fuss to create instability so they hopefully can get elected so they can deliver stability ? WTF ?

:crazy:

They must have read Abbotts blueprint

Gazzamatta

Coach
Ok. Well ive read all i can so im now heading over to vote. I hope there isnt a media circus there.
Now. Who should I vote for. Lol.
Go Sharpie you good thing. Ya got Gazzas vote.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Am just home from voting. An interesting experience. Easier to get through Parras forwards than the gaggle of people pushing leaflets and wanting to chat. Sharpie was all smiles and appeared very calm. Security everywhere. I wonder why? Once at the top of the escalators there was me, plus id guess 15 staff and security to assist. Didnt see anyone else voting the short while i was there. Hopefully thats not a bad sign.
Oh.
If there is someone impartial on here who knows all the candidates, i wouldnt mind a chat as there was one bloke spruking his opinion and pushing leaflets who REALLY p'd me off. A sign of what to expect at Monday nights meeting I guess. Im sorry but I dont appreciate the term "Plumber" used in a derogatory fashion.
Cheers.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Am just home from voting. An interesting experience. Easier to get through Parras forwards than the gaggle of people pushing leaflets and wanting to chat. Sharpie was all smiles and appeared very calm. Security everywhere. I wonder why? Once at the top of the escalators there was me, plus id guess 15 staff and security to assist. Didnt see anyone else voting the short while i was there. Hopefully thats not a bad sign.
Oh.
If there is someone impartial on here who knows all the candidates, i wouldnt mind a chat as there was one bloke spruking his opinion and pushing leaflets who REALLY p'd me off. A sign of what to expect at Monday nights meeting I guess. Im sorry but I dont appreciate the term "Plumber" used in a derogatory fashion.
Cheers.
Good to see Jake out and about ;-)

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Oh.
Cheers.

I reckon most people will vote on Sunday when the game is on.

What did the bloke look like and did you grab a leaflet off of him?

Gazzamatta

Coach
Oh I know who he is. I think me asking "and who are you" set the tone. Lol. Dont want to post his name here. Lets just say he thought I should have been more impressed by the former footballers who are supposedly supporting his ticket. I guess some are easily intimidated. Im generally not. Lol.

strider

Post Whore
well there's no point being intimidating after you've voted ... might aswell do it on the way in

Gronk

Staff member
Proshenks tweeted a story about cops being called cos of Fitzy.

CBF finding it for youse merkins however.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ub-boss-denis-fitzgerald-20150507-ggwdel.html

SMH.com.au said:
Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter
1430982889006.jpg

The scene: Denis Fitzgerald (third from left in white shirt) outside Parramatta Leagues Club while security staff try to talk David Zaiter off the road on Thursday.
The scene: Denis Fitzgerald (third from left in white shirt) outside Parramatta Leagues Club while security staff try to talk David Zaiter off the road on Thursday.
Police have been called to Parramatta Leagues Club after former chief executive Denis Fitzgerald allegedly ignored requests to remain within designated electoral areas.

Thursday marked the opening day of the Eels' board elections and the polls were still 17 minutes from officially opening when the dramas begin. Fitzgerald is not one of the 27 candidates standing at the polls after being advised he is ineligible to stand due to the circumstances surrounding his acrimonious departure six years ago.

However, the self-proclaimed 'Emperor' of Parramatta - the subject of an investigation by the Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing in relation to his tenure as chief executive officer - has made his presence felt nonetheless as voters begin heading to the ballot box. Fitzgerald is a vocal spruiker of, and advisor to, the Parramatta Professionals ticket which is seeking to overthrow the current regime headed by chairman Steve Sharp.

1430982889006.jpg

Face in the crowd: Denis Fitzgerald at an Eels match in May. Photo: Getty Images
Staff members issued Fitzgerald and Parramatta Professionals candidate David Zaiter with requests to move into the designated electoral areas, which were not headed, prompting them to call police.

"What it comes down to is I can't allow staff or patrons to be harassed by candidates," Parramatta Leagues Club chief executive Bevan Paul told Fairfax Media.

"I also suspect that some candidates are trying to provoke us into calling the police so they can contact the media, as some media were here very quickly after the police arrived.

"The reasons the police were contacted was because two candidates [Fitzgerald and Zaiter] failed to cooperate with directions with the club's staff as to where to position themselves.

"One of them actually put a sign up in the middle of the road, which is the main entry to the club for vehicle traffic. That's what set this all off, he refused to move for about 15 minutes, and by that time we called the police.

"I don't know why you would try to provoke the club especially given the events of yesterday, when a person was removed from the club for having a shonky membership card.

"We are really trying to run orderly elections."

After speaking with police, Parramatta Leagues Club staff decided not to pursue the matter further. However, should there be further incidents, offenders will be asked to leave the premises. Failure to do so will result in offenders being charged with 'fail to quit', issued a $550 on-the-spot fine, forced to move a distance of 50 metres from the premises and prevented from re-entering for a period of at least 24 hours.

"What we are worried about is that clubs often have a lot of elderly members and we don't want to discourage them - ideally, every eligible member will come and have their say," Paul said.

As revealed by Fairfax Media, Eels recruit Kieran Foran has a get-out clause in his four-year, multi-million contract with the club if it is beset by political instability. The Manly superstar will undoubtedly be watching the latest dramas with interest.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I did feel like a bit of a rock star, everyone wanted to be my buddy...

I might go back and vote again tomorrow....

Latest posts