What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

1qaz

Juniors
Sorry guys.. I have decided to take up another sport.
Guess which?

201102040436190000003259.jpg

TooheysNew

Coach
One of the main reasons I have turned off footy over the years. Its hardly a level playing field , to the point where it is a joke. Why watch a comp where its obvious the other team has an upper hand when it comes to recruitment. You cant even mention it on this forum or your post is deleted.
Don't talk bullshit. We delete only if it has the potential to land us in legal trouble. Be f**ked if im spending time in court to protect your arse.

That is a massive call. To be an Inglis or a Hayne he hast to dominate matches all on his own and be unique.

I'm not sure I see him as that type of prodigy. I see him more in the bracket of guaranteed well above average outside back - I've never had less doubt about a kid 'making it'. but making it doesn't equate to being the next Inglis.

I'd settle for Sione having the career Matt Cooper had with the Dragons and at rep level. That's not selling him short.

It is but at 18 and with the mental strength and maturity he displays, it has me believing.

Last edited:

1qaz

Juniors
So you're suggesting Mason has decided to leave due to not liking the coach???? Is that right??? We're did you hear this?

Nah more like they hate each other.
As for the mase/gagai connection/incident...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/wi...-gagai-settle-in/story-fndujljl-1226442887936

And, remarkably, Gagai has found a mentor not in Bennett, but former NRL reject Mason, who was also thrown a lifeline by the Knights.
It sounds an odd fusion, like an Alcoholics Anonymous inductee seeking the counsel of a drunk, but Mason wants Gagai to avoid the controversies that have punctuated his rollercoaster NRL career.
"Willie Mason has been awesome, he's been a real mentor," Gagai says. "He's really looked out for me since I've come here, as has Danny Buderus.
"I've only been here a short time, but Willie is the guy that has helped me settle in.
"We go for dinner and have good chats. He's a larger-than-life sort of character who speaks his mind but he's been good for me. He's really enthusiastic. Every club really needs a person like him.
"Obviously he has had a bit of history and a rough past but he's grown up a lot and knows what you can and can't do in this game.
"Willie pretty much makes sure I learn from some of his mistakes, which means a lot."

As for where im heading next year.. im still contracted gaiiiis

1qaz

Juniors
http://rugbyleagueweek.com.au/broncos-chase-knights-flyer-gagai
RLW has been told that Clinton Schifcofske , who was going to call Sunday’s Sea Eagles v Titansclash at Robina for the ABC, told his ABC bosses late on that he was unable to do the call because he had to go to Newcastle to “look after Dane Gagai”.
Gagai, off contract at the end of 2015, is managed by the Gillis Schifcofske Sports Management group.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/dane-gagai-wants-to-return-to-the-brisbane-broncos-the-club-which-sacked-him-two-years-ago/story-fni3gf5j-1227028499554?nk=6e4da1bacf0a64495d2cd5edd8306f16

Newcastle made a formal offer to extend Gagai in June but he decided to sit on it.
He will now test his value on the open market with Brisbane favoured to sign him.
The star centre is off-contract at the end of next year and it is understood he wants to follow Bennett back to Brisbane for the 2016 season.
Gagai was sacked by Broncos coach Anthony Griffin two years ago following a string of minor disciplinary issues such as wearing the wrong attire and arriving late to team meetings.
Now Bennett is replacing Griffin, he can return to the club he debuted for in 2011.
Gagai’s management company GS Sports has not spoken with Bennett recently but incoming Knights coach Rick Stone contacted them on the weekend to ensure they knew he wanted Gagai long-term.

Sounds like a crisis meeting to me if Gagai's manager needed to miss work and rush to meet with Stone on game day.
I wonder if Mase was there...

Rusty

Juniors
Anyone else heard rumours that all four Mata'utia brothers will be at the Bulldogs beyond 2016?

Rusty

Juniors
We need to definitely sign up Sione long term and throw everything at him. But do we need go nuts and sign up the other 3? Is the club thinking that the only way to keep Sione at the Knights is signing up all the brothers including Peter?

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Other three including Peter are quite talented outside backs. Be silly not to keep them a little longer. Mamo probably outdoes channel for wing position but he's a top back up. And they will come fairly cheap as solid replacements so we can throw some money at forwards and back end some deals.

Peter is a good young player, if the reports are true about GAGAI to Brisbane (one paper says yes the other says no) then he wouldn't hurt form a more mature fullback option then Mamo initially.

In light of the following link and story I sincerely hope you're right. But in my opinion Gagai is going to be a star

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...im-two-years-ago/story-fni3gf5j-1227028499554

Really? What have you seen from gagai to indicate that he is better than the average centre running around in the NRL? Footwork? Not really, all centres have good footwork. Defence? Well his defence is lacking ATM. Strength? Not any more than any other centre. Speed? Probably average if not a bit below.

Noname36

First Grade
Seriously, why in Gods name would we want Pete back? Sione is a brillant young talent, and id be devastated if he left, but if we have to re-sign his entire family and have them eating up the salary cap (when we really don't need more than 2 of them) for him to stick around then it's worrying. He was freaking raised at this club.

We can't even fit Sione into the side at the moment, we don't need to kill ourselves to sign another 3 less talented versions. For God sake, make him the priority, offer Chanel and Pat new contracts as depth players and if they want to leave for a better offer/more opportunity let them. They should be treated as individual entities. Chanel is no better than McManus or Uate and Pat is certainly no better than his brother, Gagai or BJ. They'll be depth players at best and should be paid as such.

Last edited:
They may be depth players in your estimation but I cannot see Sione signing if his brothers are sent packing. I am sure we can work it out.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
I didn't say send them packing - I said offer them new contracts based on what they're worth as depth players (Chanel would obviously deserve a pay rise after playing FG). They shouldn't get huge contracts based on their last name.

As much as I love Sione, The side as a whole is more important and I wouldn't want the rest of the side to suffer (particularly our problem area in the forwards) because we have too much salary cap being tied up in NSW Cup backs. We also can't go around trying to make FG promises to them when they're not as good as our other current backs. The kid is a talent, but we can't throw the whole side into disarray for him to stay.

Latest posts