What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

slotmachine

First Grade
I'd have money on that never happening.

I see Tyrone a ceiling of someone like John Morris, which isn't a bad thing seeing as he's played 300 first grade games. Always a second banana or bench type though.

Byron Knight

Juniors
According to this, Scott doesn't have a get out clause:

That led Bennett to question his future at the club with the Knights coach unsure if he will remain beyond this year. Scott, who joined Bennett after winning the 2010 premiership together at St George Illawarra, does not have a get-out clause in his four-year contract. Scott said he was among the players paid on time when payment was due on May 15.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ocus-on-knights-and-blues-20140522-zrl95.html

Noname36

First Grade
Even if Scott does have a clause, why does anyone think he'd want to leave anyway?

He signed a long-term deal here when he was 27-28 which lasts longer than Bennett's contract was meant to so he must have been fine with the idea of finishing his career out here without Bennett. He's not dependent on Wayne like Boyd is, and he's in career best form here which has gotten him into a winning SOO side.

Smith won't go anywhere either IMO. The only ones that will are Boyd and maybe a couple of the younger blokes like Gagai or BJ that feel their best chances of continuing their development are under Bennett. They're the ones we need to worry about.

Noname36

First Grade
I honestly imagine this will be Tyrone Roberts...

He has a young Cooper Cronk-feel to him; potential and ability that just doesnt seem to translate on the field.

Im not saying its a certainty, but if he does become dominant player itll be off the back of an apprenticeship of the bench as a supporting utility. I reckon think he'll come good until 25/26yeaars old, then he'll begin to outclass Mullen...

I rate Roberts. I think he has a lot of natural talent, but he doesn't have natural leadership qualities and that's what we need in a half we can see ourselves building the side around when Mullo retires. The proof was in the pudding this year. Mullo was really struggling and when we needed our other half to step up, control the side and take pressure off Mullen he didn't.

He's great coming off the bench where he doesn't have the pressure of controlling the side, he's fine as secondary playmaker too...but IMO he doesn't have the correct skills to be a side's dominant playmaker.

I know both are pipe dreams but I'd be throwing massive offers at DCE and/or Hunt for 2016. I know we'd be a slim to no chance of getting either but we're one of the only clubs with a heap of money to throw around so I think we should go for it...at the very least it would force Manly and Brisbane into paying overs to retain them.

slotmachine

First Grade
screwing the broncs or manly would be beautiful

don't think we will see mamo at FB next year, more likely gagai plays there and sione to centre, or jimmy mac to centre and mamo on the wing.

Nothing official. Media guessing based on his previous form following Bennett. If he wanted to truly put it up the media he either stays or leaves for a non Bennett coached club. I am guessing the latter.

Spot On

Coach
Nothing official. Media guessing based on his previous form following Bennett. If he wanted to truly put it up the media he either stays or leaves for a non Bennett coached club. I am guessing the latter.

Look, I want to see the back of this bloke but could joining a different club from Bennett actually be the making of this bloke???? Stand on his own two feet and develop as a person and pkayer without the safety net that is Wayne.

KempoKnight

Juniors
All this talk of Mullo retiring and preparing his replacement....you guys do realise hes only like 25-26? he has easy another 7-8 years.

Alex28

Coach
Absolute first thing we need to do is make sure Beau Scott hangs around for next year and beyond. Outstanding today.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Look, I want to see the back of this bloke but could joining a different club from Bennett actually be the making of this bloke???? Stand on his own two feet and develop as a person and pkayer without the safety net that is Wayne.

He has to first develop as a human being, for all this talk about Bennett being a great mentor, over 200 games he's spent with Darius Boyd and he's the biggest tool in the game. Pea heart , no loyalty, mercenary twat. I dont want him representing the Knights.

Rod

Bench
Started looking towards next year (why wouldn't you after yesterday?) and this is where I think we are at:

1. Boyd (obviously a big chance of leaving, but I don't see where he fits in the Broncos so he might stay on and at least see out his contract).
2. McManus
3. Leilua
4. Gagai
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Gidley (one more year on his contract and I think he showed enough in the 7)
8. Snowden
9. Clydesdale
10. Rochow
11. Scott
12. T. Sims
13. Smith

14. Roberts
15. K. Sims
16. ?
17. ?

I'm assuming:

- Mason is gone. Although he was pretty good again yesterday so one more year is possible.
- Houston and Fa'alogo also gone. Could be jumping the gun a bit there but wouldn't surprise at all if they were gone.

Clearly we have a couple of pretty serious holes in the forwards, and even that's with moving Rochow to prop which makes sense with the Sims signing but who knows if the new coach would consider it. Obviously we have a couple of lower grade options (Tapine, Vaivai, possibly someone new) but still we look thin.

I've left our 1-7 the same, although obviously 1 or 2 guys are a decent chance of leaving and we have Sione waiting in the wings.

We have some work to do if we want to have a competitive squad next year.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I reckon K Sims has earned himself a starting spot next year based on his performances this year. Would have him starting over Rochow at least.

perverse

Referee
I would keep Sims in the middle, and I think turfing Willie should be a priority. Straight swap for mine.

Something like this is plausible...

1. Gagai
2. McManus
3. Sione
4. BJ
5. Uate
6. Mullen
7. Gidley (I think we have to based on the last month, unfortunately)
8. Snowden (and pray he gets some fitness back, basically)
9. Roberts/Clydesdale
10. K. Sims
11. Scott
12. T. Sims
13. Smith

14. Clydesdale/Roberts
15. Rochow (with a bit more bulk as a front rower)
16. Taylor
17. Tapine

There's zero depth after that, though. I think we need to keep Fa'alogo on another year - he's been a bit of a trooper for us yet misses out on a lot of plaudits that he probably deserves.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
I did think about starting Korbin, wouldn't worry me if that did happen. He's been one of the few positive things to come out of this year.

perverse

Referee
He's very good and only getting better, which is remarkable amongst the crap going on around him.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I would keep Sims in the middle, and I think turfing Willie should be a priority. Straight swap for mine.
Yeah, I definitely noticed in a few games this year that he didn't look comfortable on an edge. Even defensively he got caught out a bit. Looks a lot better in the middle.

Hopefully gagai is gone. I honestly do not understand the hype about him. His defence is shocking, his attack is equally as bad.

Noname36

First Grade
Gagai is devastating when he actually has room to move. He was killing it when our forwards were going better and we weren't getting killed in the ruck.

The way we're playing now though where the backs are only used for hitups doesn't suit him. He's too small.

Latest posts