What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

Burwood

Bench
I'd be keeping Houston. He isn't a back rower's arsehole, but his poor games when playing in the middle are far and few between. He's the perfect backup to be playing in NSW Cup as cover for first grade when needed.

Swarzey

Bench
Give him enough space and he's incredible. It's just a shame our pack gets dominated so much.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I hope we keep most of the squad except for

Mason- he is a cancer and past it]
Boyd- the club should have a no dickhead policy moving forward

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'd be keeping Houston. He isn't a back rower's arsehole, but his poor games when playing in the middle are far and few between. He's the perfect backup to be playing in NSW Cup as cover for first grade when needed.
I had actually forgotten about this guy. Enough of mediocrity - get rid of him or keep him for I agree depth only. We aint gonna win jack with inept dudes like this one running out.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
The question is are we a realistic chance next year? If not we need to get rid of the one year fixes and focus on younger

you cant be serious, are you trolling?

He makes a couple awesome line breaks yes, but they are few and far between. He is generally always shut down and dominated. His footwork is no better than most other centres his speed is on par with other centres, he is often found out in defence.

I just don't rate him at all.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He is not all that fast or strong but you are having a laugh saying his foot work is no better than other centres.

If his footwork was above average for centres he should be able to create more space and opportunity for his outside man.

Yosh

Coach
I think Boyd needs to be dropped even if he stays on next year. Don't want him wearing the jersey.

I think we'll see Mamo and Mata'utai coming in next year maybe if Joey leaves as well.

1. Mamo
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Mata'utai
5. McManus

I think Mullen needs a Cronk or Hodkinson type player inside him. I think Roberts is fine off the bench.
6. Mullen

Problem is in the forwards still.
8. Snowden
9. Cyldesdale
10. Korbin Sims
11. Tariq Sims
12. Scott
13. Smith

14. Roberts
15. Rochow

We need to sign two big frontrow forwards imo.

Alex28

Coach
Where exactly is Leilua going? He might have an out, but he's not going to Brisbane and with some stability and good form the smart bet would be him staying exactly where he is.

aqua_duck

Coach
Of course not.

2015 - instill some pride back into the place, avoid the spoon, front load contracts
2016 - open the cheque book, make top 8
2017 - aiming at top 4

I agree, grab a few young guys from other clubs for next year and see if we can find ourselves a diamond in the rough, no point just going for bandaid solutions

Dave_

Juniors
I agree, grab a few young guys from other clubs for next year and see if we can find ourselves a diamond in the rough, no point just going for bandaid solutions

I agree with this. I just hope we don't go back to the old Nuffcastle days when we were the scrap heap of the NRL

Burwood

Bench
Would anybody consider Hoffman as a direct swap for Boyd? I get the feeling that he will be the player on the outer if Boyd does move back north, and we have a drawcard with his cousins Dane and Jacob currently playing for us.

Knight Vision

First Grade
He makes a couple awesome line breaks yes, but they are few and far between. He is generally always shut down and dominated. His footwork is no better than most other centres his speed is on par with other centres, he is often found out in defence.

Ok I'm going to watch him more carefully from now on.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I think Boyd needs to be dropped even if he stays on next year. Don't want him wearing the jersey.

I think we'll see Mamo and Mata'utai coming in next year maybe if Joey leaves as well.

1. Mamo
2. Uate
3. Gagai
4. Mata'utai
5. McManus

I think Mullen needs a Cronk or Hodkinson type player inside him. I think Roberts is fine off the bench.
6. Mullen

Problem is in the forwards still.
8. Snowden
9. Cyldesdale
10. Korbin Sims
11. Tariq Sims
12. Scott
13. Smith

14. Roberts
15. Rochow

We need to sign two big frontrow forwards imo.
+ 1 , I think Boyd and his attitude are like a cancer. Seriously I cannot recall such an obviously bad attitude problem from a player in all the time I've watched footy. The guy should be shown the door.

1qaz

Juniors

So a couple line breaks usually means 2..

For this season so far

Akuila Uate has made 11 line breaks
Dane Gagai has made 9 line breaks
Beau Scott has made 6 line breaks
BJ Leilua has made 5 line breaks
Darius Boyd has made 4 line breaks
James McManus has made 4 line breaks

Wingers should generally make more line break than any other player on the team.
He also leads the Knights in tackle breaks, all run meters, average meter per game.
It be good if the Knights had some decent forwards so he could play a natural centres game though

Alex28

Coach
Let's face it - we aren't going to get another player of the calibre of Boyd. Think of him what you will, but he is a pretty bloody good player and Origin players aren't really plentiful on the market at present.

Yes, he is a bit of a dickhead. Yes, he is awful at interviews. Yes, he is easily the best back that we have. We should do what we can to keep him.

Joey Leilua has confirmed he is staying and has no intention of following Bennett. good news for us but he really needs to work on his game. Hopefully the next coach can add some polish to his game out wide cos he is a devastating ball runner. I still see him as a back rower long term.

Latest posts