What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Team

Knight Vision

First Grade

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ahh, no.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...performing-clubs/story-fndujljl-1227002017169
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...s-offfield-image/story-fndujljl-1227002032783

You're not going to disenfranchise core NRL supporters by kicking blokes like Carney or Packer out of the game.

On the other hand, you certainly won't entice squeaky clean corporates or women and families who aren't already on board by packing teams full of players who indulge in violent crime, domestic violence and sexual assault.

The fact Lui is still in the NRL is a joke. Before Smith's time though.

Im not saying bring him back into the NRL, i like DSmiths stance on this. (a NRL contract should be considered a privilege, one chance then its gone)

But bringing him back into a lower grade (NSW Cup or even just CRL) and represent that as part of his social rehab (same with Carney, and anyone else).

The idea is to create an image of RL as the place for troubles kids; give them an avenue to use their violent energy/create a community for the kid that demands a level of behaviour/give tired parents a place to send their kids knowing its making the kids better people.

This is what RL is in PNG. Its a way of keeping kids out of gangs and giving them a reason to go to school, ect.

The community RL creates is the best way to sell the sport to parents. These kind of initiatives are they way to do that...

Last edited:

jb2

Juniors
Hi Folks

Just interested in season 2015 player movements

My understanding is that we are definitely loosing: Big Willie ( retirement ) and Darius Boyd ( anywhere but here - beauty )

Gaining: Ashton Sims

If anyone can advise on other confirmed loses and gains, my curiosity would appreciate it :)

Swarzey

Bench
Mase doesn't seem to be retiring just yet, but it seems he's set to follow Bennett to Brisbane.

Has to be bollocks the Mason thing. McGuire is being chased big time by other clubs and Hannant is in Bennett's plans. They have big cap issues. The days of players playing for less under Bennett May well be under threat.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
I'm bored on the train:

1. Sione Mata'utai
2. Jake Mamo
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joey Leilua
5. McManus

6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts

8. Kade Snowden
9. Adam Cyldsdale
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Beau Scott
12. Tariq Sims
13. Ben Teo

14. Jeremy Smith
15. Korbin Sims
16. Matt Kennedy
17. Robert Rochow

Not possible?

aqua_duck

Coach
I'm bored on the train:

1. Sione Mata'utai
2. Jake Mamo
3. Dane Gagai
4. Joey Leilua
5. McManus

6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Tyrone Roberts

8. Kade Snowden
9. Adam Cyldsdale
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Beau Scott
12. Tariq Sims
13. Ben Teo

14. Jeremy Smith
15. Korbin Sims
16. Matt Kennedy
17. Robert Rochow

Not possible?
The name Matt Kennedy brings back bad memories

perverse

Referee
So the herald reports that Stoney has given Mase his marching orders for next season
... and as you and I have already ascertained, we can probably expect an outcry from the average Newcastle Knights punter.

Thank f**k is all I can say. Good move by Stone, has helped give me a bit of confidence.

FMD, do we have the dumbest average supporters of any club, or is it commonplace?

aqua_duck

Coach
Knights supporters don't seem to understand the concept of rebuilding, I remember the outcry when smith punted such legends as Riley Brown, brad Tighe, reegan tanner, judas, etc

Apey

Staff member
I got banned from the Knights FB fan group and I was barely posting anything :crazy:

I assume that's what you guys are talking about.

Rod

Bench
I pretty much didn't mind either way with the Mason situation. He's been pretty good for us in his time here and he's actually playing some decent football.

However I don't mind the new coach doing what he thinks is right and it also means he's targetting one of our clear weakness areas.

Noname36

First Grade
Happy Mason is being marched if any of the rumours are true that he's been responsible for some of the other blokes going off the rails.

But yes, already expecting the out cry. The way I've seen our supporters constantly beg Mason on Twitter to stay at the club...I can't expect this going down well.

Latest posts