What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Pretty much what was expected. We will see another drop in crowd avg this year barring a miracle run for the top 8 supported clubs. Playing games at times that no one wants to go in stadiums that are less than ideal at a price that is poor value for money will do that.

BranVan3000

Coach
That Rabbitohs a Roosters crowd was poor

Sunday afternoon, beautiful day. Lowest drawing crowd in ages. I feel like a bit of heat has left the rivalry since both won recent Premierships

BlueandGold

Juniors
Round 2 Predictions

8.05pm Thursday Pepper stadium Panthers vs Bulldogs 13k
8.05pm Friday Suncorp Stadium Broncos vs Warriors 40k
3pm Saturday GIO Stadium Raiders vs Roosters 9k
5.30pm Saturday ANZ Rabbits vs Knights 15k
7.30p Saturday Parramatta Stadium Eels vs Cowboys 16k
4.00pm Sunday Shark Park Sharks vs Dragons 17k
6.30pm Sunday AAMI Park Storm vs Titans 14k
7.00pm Monday Leichhardt Oval Tigers vs Sea Eagles 15k

Ave 17.3k.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Eels 4-17 Broncos @ Pirtek Stadium (17324)

Sea Eagles 6-28 Bulldogs @ Brookvale Oval (16512)

Raiders 30-22 Panthers @ GIO Stadium (11297)

Wests Tigers 34-26 Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium (10917)

Cowboys 20-14 Sharks @ 1300Smiles Stadium (15519)

Roosters 10-42 Rabbitohs @ Allianz Stadium (25125)

Titans 30-12 Knights @ Cbus Super Stadium (8313)

Storm 18-16 Dragons @ AAMI Park (12148)

Total 117,155 Ave 14,644

Will be updated all season - http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=450919

Perth Red

Post Whore
The way things are I think anything over 15k is acceptable so we ended up with 4 good and 4 poor.

beave

Coach
The NQ crowd, people need to realise that there was severe weather warnings due to that ex-cyclone turning into a monsoonal trough in the days leading up to the game. Unfortunaltey the state of the roads in NQ mean that it doesn't take much to cut the highways for a few days. This would have turned alot of people away. I would have loved to have seen 20k plus for the first game after the premiership but at that time of the year, the weather is so damn unpredictable, you drive down say from Cairns for a night and you end up having to stay for 3-4 days if it pisses down properly (it has happened a few times to mates of mine). Good luck keeping employment when you have to ring your boss 'ummm, i went to Tvl for the footy and got stuck til wednesday, sorry I'm not at work today............'

This is also another reason why the all stars game should be kept away from Townsville IMO. Febuary and March is so damn unpredictable some years, get a cyclone in the area and it will ruin the game/crowd

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
My thoughts on R1:

Eels 4-17 Broncos @ Pirtek Stadium (17324)
Pretty damn good considering their soccer counterparts average significantly less and often only get 18-19k for derbies v Sydney. Solid crowd.

Sea Eagles 6-28 Bulldogs @ Brookvale Oval (16512)
Again, with Brookie's capacity somewhat of an odd case, 16.5k is a great result here.

Raiders 30-22 Panthers @ GIO Stadium (11297)
I'd call that a decent crowd given the heat and 2015 form of both sides.

Wests Tigers 34-26 Warriors @ Campbelltown Stadium (10917)
The club did everything it could to attract a crowd but even then, fans don't seem to have bought in yet.

Cowboys 20-14 Sharks @ 1300Smiles Stadium (15519)
As suggested a few posts back - torrential rain would have kept plenty away. In normal circumstances this would have been 20-21k.

Roosters 10-42 Rabbitohs @ Allianz Stadium (25125)
Poor crowd on face value but when you consider how much both sides have been talked down, rather than up, during the off-season, it kind of makes sense.

Titans 30-12 Knights @ Cbus Super Stadium (8313)
Axe the Titans and give Gosford a team :crazy:

Looked like more, and I've seen Victory crowds at the same venue of the same size announced as significantly more. That said - assuming it's accurate - it's pretty disappointing IMO.

bazza

Immortal
The NQ crowd, people need to realise that there was severe weather warnings due to that ex-cyclone turning into a monsoonal trough in the days leading up to the game. Unfortunaltey the state of the roads in NQ mean that it doesn't take much to cut the highways for a few days. This would have turned alot of people away. I would have loved to have seen 20k plus for the first game after the premiership but at that time of the year, the weather is so damn unpredictable, you drive down say from Cairns for a night and you end up having to stay for 3-4 days if it pisses down properly (it has happened a few times to mates of mine). Good luck keeping employment when you have to ring your boss 'ummm, i went to Tvl for the footy and got stuck til wednesday, sorry I'm not at work today............'

This is also another reason why the all stars game should be kept away from Townsville IMO. Febuary and March is so damn unpredictable some years, get a cyclone in the area and it will ruin the game/crowd

Yep. Cowboys shouldn't play a home game till at least round 3 or 4

moffla

Bench
Looked like more, and I've seen Victory crowds at the same venue of the same size announced as significantly more. That said - assuming it's accurate - it's pretty disappointing IMO.

As a member of both sides, I can safely say victory's crowds never look that low in person (maybe because the upper tiers are really visible on TV). Was disappointed with crowd, but it's the same story for every Monday we play on.

Latest posts